Level 1 General Topic Discussions

KEMET UNIVERSITY HOME Forums Egyptian Mysteries Level 1 Level 1 General Topic Discussions

Viewing 48 reply threads
  • Author
      admin
      Keymaster

Udja-Use this forum to post your general questions not related to Audio, Video or Readings

Nefertem
      Participant

Level 1 Lesson 6 Video

Please explain the offering table in ancient kemet I’d like to know more information about it.

Some of my questions?
      What is the purpose of the mat?
      What does the bread symbolize?
      Is there a picture of one of these offering tables?

HTP!

admin
        Keymaster

20150501_022403_resized

Udja

Some of the information you are asking about is located in the Shedy Room page of this web site. Also the offering table is discussed in several of our texts. As well, the worship altar is discussed in the workbook but it has not been reached yet. In brief, the mat is used to enhance the spiritual practice. The enhancement is psychological and psychic. The images facilitate the practitioner to concentrate on the spiritual focus. Also, the placing of the mat and use of it allows a feeling of separation between the personality and the world to ensue and thereby insulates the personality from worldly effects. Bread is a symbol of arit or divine food, in essence the Neterian Eucharist made from the wheat that grows from the body of Asar.

ALtar image1

The offering table is the Hetep Slab, often made of stone or on inscriptions, the table symbolizes the duality of existence and the activation of the offering ends the duality and ushers in the non-dual higher consciousness. More on this is to be understood as the spiritual practice and wisdom evolves. Images of the offering table are given here and images of the worship altar are in the Shedy Room. The personal altar can take many forms according to the taste of the worshipper but the basic items are to be included.The personal altar can be as elaborate, ornate or as simple as desired as there is more latitude for devotional practices; here the emphasis is on promoting positive devotional feeling not so much when it concerns the study of philosophy though; that is a more exacting practice.

HTP

Bastu Akhu
      Participant

Udja Sebai Maa,Seba Dja

Can you please expound on the deeper meaning of the difference between emotions and feelings? What are the relationship between the two?

Dua

Htp

admin
        Keymaster

Goddess Aset-not sure
        “They who have received some portion of God’s gift, these, if judged by their deeds, have from death’s bond won their release; for they embrace in their own Mind, all things, things on the earth, things in the heaven, and things above the heaven – if there be aught. They who do not understand, because they possess the aid of reason only and not Mind, are ignorant wherefore they have come into being and whereby, like irrational creatures, their makeup is in their feelings and their impulses, they fail in all appreciation of things which really are worth contemplation. These center all their thought upon the pleasures of the body and its appetites.”

Udja

Emotions are what is put out or expressed by the personality; It is what we see of how a person expresses in the world, tone of voice, mannerisms, eyes/looks, volume, etc. and is how most people discern how others around them are “feeling”. Feelings are subconscious tendencies of the personality based on the sum total of aryu as relates to the particular situation, object or desire that is being experienced based on the external stimulation from the world.

The stimulation resonates with the unconscious aryu and that stimulation stirs up the sum total of how a person relates to that stimulation and that expresses or emotes in the conscious waking personality.

aryu is the precursor that gives rise to feelings and feelings give rise to emotions. So to change the personality and its way of emoting it is not enough to say I am going to suppress my anger or desires; it is necessary to change the aryu; which is the same as not just changing but transforming the personality. THis is the difference between a person that changes but then falls back into old patterns and a person who transforms; the transformation is profound and permanent.
        Feelings operate at a deeper level of the personality, closer to the soul, and thereby are more powerful than the intellect, which operates further out in the Astral body. This is why advertisers and mind control experts seek to control people through evoking feelings and it is also why intellectual appeals work less often than emotional appeals and why people follow and make decisions more based on feelings than on intellect. This is also why many people do things and later say they could not help themselves; they were overwhelmed by negative aryu that blossomed into a storm of feelings and emotions that temporarily clouded and overpowered the intellect and led to actions later regretted. An aspirant should strive to be the opposite and in so doing becomes day that leads to enlightenment when the ignorant are slaves to the nighttime of feelings and emotions that lead to the darkness of ignorance and the suffering of reincarnation. More can be said on this topic and more will be said…

HTP

DavidWatson

Great question Akua about emotions and feelings. Something I’ve pondered many times.

KaMaat-Amentat
        Participant

Htp

Great question, I have also being curious about this same subject. Indeed the difference between emotions and feelings used to be a mystery to me. Sebai Maa gave a very descriptive explanation.

Htp

DavidWatson

Udaj Sabai Maa & Seba Dja

Seba Maa in one of your lectures or interviews, I don’t remember which one. You said something to the effect that life begins for the individual when they exit the womb and take that first breath. Does this mean that we are basically a lump of clay living off of the life force of our mother like a parasite so to speak until she gives birth? Since the lungs are flattened and haven’t yet been expanded by the breath which in turn gives or starts the life process. Does this mean that the soul or spirit doesn’t cleave to flesh until it’s outside the womb or does this happen in the womb and how does this process work (soul/spirit occupying flesh)? What is the difference between soul and spirit and which one is our essence?

Hetep

admin
        Keymaster

Parts of the spirit personality human

Udja

First let us look to some proverbs to assist our understanding:

“An infant’s Soul is altogether a thing of beauty to see, not yet befouled by body’s passions, still all but hanging from the Cosmic Soul! But when the body grows in bulk and draweth down the Soul into it’s mass, then doth the Soul cut off itself and bring upon itself forgetfulness, and no more shareth in the Beautiful and Good (God); and this forgetfulness becometh vice.”

—–

“The Mind being builder doth use the fire as tool for the construction of all things, but that of man only for things on earth. Stripped of its fire the mind on earth cannot make things divine, for it is human in it’s dispensation. And such a Soul, when from the body freed, if it have fought the fight of piety-to Know God and to do wrong to no one-such Soul becomes entirely mind. Whereas the impious Soul remains in it’s own essence, chastised by its own self.”

—–

“Souls, Horus, son, are of the self-same nature, since they came from the same place where the Creator modelled them; nor male nor female are they. Sex is a thing of bodies not of Souls.”

-AEP

The human personality has nine aspects and these are emanations from their cosmic source in the Divine Self, i.e. God. So the individual spirit comes from the universal spirit, though attenuated; the individual soul is an extension, though attenuated, of the cosmic/universal soul [Ra, Asar, Net, etc.], etc., etc. The physical is last and grossest aspect and the others are subtler leading to the subtlest which is spirit. Spirit to soul to unconscious to mind to physical. The spirit is not born into the body but merely attunes its awareness to it when the body is ready to receive sense perceptions. Then the spirit, having spent too much time associating with the physical comes to believe it is physical and this is called Khemen or delusion, ignorance, egoism and the idea of an individual soul {Ba}. The physical body has a separate evolution and existence from the spirit. Therefore, the cleaving or clinging occurs after a certain amount of time experiencing physicality and developing aryu (residue of past experiences that are collected and saved in the unconscious mind {ab} of being a physical being which occurs over many lifetimes. Thus, spirit is universal, transcendental and free and soul is what we call spirit when it has come under the spell of physicality, like a wave in the ocean that comes to believe, due to its apparent manifestation which is different from other waves and projecting up from the ocean, that it is an individual and separate from the ocean; when in actuality it is was and will ever be one with the ocean (Akh -spirit). Another way of understanding it is, the individual spirit or soul is a drop and the ocean is the universal, etc. Though unlike a drop, the soul cannot be separated from the ocean except by appearance of separation through delusion born of spiritual ignorance. Enlightenment is when a person dispels that delusion and the process of dispelling is called shedy. For better conceptualization see the diagrams and images below. These are offered only as illustrative study aids and are not to be taken as exact appearances of the elements of the human personality.

HTP

Parts of the spirit in circle

Different part of the personality nine bodies

Sandra McMurray
      Participant

Udja Sabai Maa and Seba,

I am aware that our culture does not teach us how to act in an honorable and respectful manner. I am studying and reading to learn the proper way of interacting with you the preceptor, fellow aspirants, and even in my daily interactions. I am very aware of my ignorance and do not wish to offend anyone because of it. Until I learn how to act and interact according to the teachings I tend to keep quiet and am watchful constantly. However, the requirement of interaction does not allow for that technique to be used. Can you expand more on the teachings re humility?

Htp

admin
        Keymaster

Udja
        It is important to remember that this particular class, Level 1, has been specifically designed to “initiate” aspirants from “scratch” into basic wisdom and terminologies of the Shetaut Neter spiritual practice. Therefore, it is appropriate to ask all questions and dip the toes in the waters by learning how others interact and what the teacher deems appropriate. If there is any moderation necessary your teachers will provide it and their word is the most important ideal to hold onto. The fact of taking the step of joining the class means a certain amount of maturity has been reached so you should feel positive and at ease with your teachers and fellow aspirants. As you move forward you will develop and feel your way through and become comfortable and even dynamic with the interactions, gaining and helping others to also gain from your insights and good association.

HTP

Sandra McMurray
      Participant

Udja, inadvertantly, I did not show the proper respect. I meant to say, “Sabai Maa and Seba Dja”.

admin
        Keymaster

U

Understood, no problem

HTP

RonaldCrawford
      Participant

udja, my name is semauiba sakuhai. i am a new student. i have a couple of questions.

the first question is. are there gender roles in kemetic culture?

admin
        Keymaster

Ancient Egyptian man and woman sitting color

Udja

A very interesting question

Ancient Egyptian society is perhaps the society in human history where there was most balance between male and female, females having same rights as males. If there was anything like “gender roles” that we might relate to modern day worldly culture it might have been the idea that women were masters of the home and men were masters of the outside, so women dictate the rules and make final decisions about the household (NebetHet) and men about the outside of the house. In spirituality the female divinities relate to Creation and Males to Spirit so both complement each other and human existence comes in from spirit through Creation into life. Beyond this brief analysis there are no gender roles as conceived of in worldly society and this is one of the reasons why Ancient Egyptian society lasted so long and without social conflict, family conflict and divorces and without despoiling nature.
        A glorious legacy!
        HTP
        For more read the book
        Sacred Sexuality by Sebai MAA

RonaldCrawford
      Participant

thank you. my next question is this the correct form for interaction with my class mates.

admin
      Keymaster

Udja – to all students:

please remember when you are posting your assignments to first go into the forum discussion topic you are working on and then make your posting there at the bottom of the page. Do not try to start a new forum discussion topic.

If you are posting a reply to someone else’s posting then first hit the “Reply” button and then make your comments there.

Please review the videos in the “Start Here” tab. If there are any questions send email or call if needed.

this will help to keep the discussions orderly and easily searchable for all to benefit from.

HTP

Bastu Akhu
      Participant

Udja Seba Maa,

Could you please expound on the following proverb

“The word which appeared as a pillar of flame out of the darkness is the Son of God, born of the mystery of the Mind. The name of the Word is Reason. Reason is the offspring of Thought and Reason shall divide the light from the darkness and establish Truth in the midst of the waters.”

Dua

Htp

admin
        Keymaster

Udja

The proverb comes from the Hermetic period. Mind is like a stormy ocean, a swirling mass of energies of varying subtlety and vibration composed of desires and hatreds born of ignorance of the knowledge of self. Reason is the redeemer, the Heru or Hetheru, the fire of wisdom and desire for enlightenment that burns up ignorance and egoism and their attendant inane and illusory desires and feelings; this is the wisdom that levels the ocean of ignorance and illusion and renders the mind pure, calm and enlightened.

HTP

Bastu Akhu
      Participant

Udja Sebai Maa, Seba Dja

Can you please expound on this daily chant
      “Om Maati Maakheru”
      “The One Divine Self manifesting as the dual goddesses of truth of above and below (Heaven and Earth) Assist me in attaining spiritual enlightenment”

Dua
      Htp

admin
        Keymaster

Udja

“Om Maati Maakheru”

Maat“The One Divine Self manifesting as the dual goddesses of truth of above and below (Heaven and Earth) Assist me in attaining spiritual enlightenment”

“Om” is the Amun, the hidden essence, the Neberdjer, the all encompassing essence – which is infinite and eternal. That eternal essence manifests as the duality of the material universe that is true in the above and the below; so Creation is true and the heaven above is also true in their essential nature as manifestations of the singular Om essence. That wisdom of the transcendental one that manifests and the reality of Creation and the reality of the non-material nature, that wisdom, let it make one who knows and speaks this hekau in alignment with that essence; And of course being aligned with the essence of the material and non-material, that is the one, the nehast, the coveted goal of spiritual awakening!

HTP

ANTHONYBAHLIBI
      Participant

Udja

For Level 1 Study 1 I was introduced to the religion and yoga system of Shetaut Neter. I have heard of Egyptian spiritual practitioners being monks and also as priests. My question is, is the Shetaut Neter as a system meant to be understood as a monastic practice? From my understanding Kemetian priests spent periods of time at the temple and periods of time with their family performing virtous acts as spiritual figures in their own community. How does the Kemetic practice at higher levels differ from the common interpretation of monks and priests in other spiritual systems? Lastly, I have studied Ethiopian coptic monks/ascetics and the tradition “Dessert Fathers,”did ancient Kemet presumably have renunciants who lived in nature as do many Indian yogis, ethiopian coptic monks, or was this practice more regulated in Kemet through the intitiatic school and a regular schedule for people of the temple?

Thank you
      Tony

admin
        Keymaster

Udja

The Ancient Egyptian Hemu (priestcraft) had varied levels of practice from part time to full-time temple work. Some priests and priestesses also worked with the general population and others exclusively in the temple as what would be called Monks today. The high mysteries are a practice within the inner recesses of the temple and as such are conducted there and not in the practice of extreme asceticism. The practice of itinerant wandering ascetics occurred in the late period of Ancient Egyptian history. when the society started to disintegrate due to the damage done from external warrior cultures. So it was a practice that developed out of circumstances and not out of a age old proven temple discipline. Later the Christians in Egypt started their first monastic order but based primarily only on prayer and contemplation and not high mysticism. However, it is likely that this practice of asceticism in India is derived from Ancient Egypt. But it was not prevalent in ancient times and so we do not advocate it as it is liable to misunderstanding and excesses that are counterproductive.

HTP

ANTHONYBAHLIBI
          Participant

Greetings Sebai Maa,

Thank you for this response. Very enlightening information which puts some pieces together for me regarding my studies on Christian monasticism in Egypt and Ethiopia. I recently read that many of the monastics and desert dwellers were largely Egyptians in the earlier periods of Christianity, and interestingly the Egyptian practitioners slightly differed from others as for example they would not fast on fasting days if an important guest happened to visit. This flexibility I thought was very wise, and I find that flexibility of body and mind when pursuing higher living and experiences is almost a divine gift when it comes to making the path possible at certain times of struggle. It makes sense that social disintegration would cause this type of practice, and about that time India would have been influenced ( as you explained clearly in the text on Buddhism and African Origins.)

Htp

ANTHONYBAHLIBI
      Participant

Udja,

Related to creating shrine. Should a Kemetic practitioner have an ancestor shrine,=and should the shrine be different ( no ancestral shrine items on the divinity shrine) or would the two types of shrine be combined?

admin
        Keymaster

Udja

The answer is that the Kemetic shrine is neteru based primarily meaning related to a particular god or goddess or multiple but with a main tutelary one. There is no ancestor worship as in other African religions but there is veneration of SHeps and Akhu Shepsu or ancestors or living elders who are lauded for their wisdom and or spiritual achievement (Nehast-Enlightenment). The setting up of the shrine is covered in the L1 studies lessons but you can skip ahead in the workbook to gain some immediate insights.

HTP

ANTHONYBAHLIBI
      Participant

Udja,

In my practice I am currently focusing on aligning myself with Maat. This morning I read the section on Maat philosophy from Sebai Maas text of the Prt M Hru. I am inspired through the correlation of Maat to the Tao or Dhamma, and giving myself unto Maat. Three things trouble me. One, what is the implication of our previous actions or past life actions and making the shift to a life based on the precepts? Is non-fornication complete celibacy, allow for tantric practice and reproductive sex, or does it mean sexual relations only within sanctified relationships within the framework of Kemetic spirituality? Lastly, and this one is more urgent, the past few years I have bought organic produce through the quick-scan as “conventional produce” at my local store. It seems silly but I have benefited from a mostly organic diet this way but have frequently “admitted” this to friends and family and asks others their opinion on if this is unrighteous. What keeps me on the fence is that I know the system is unrighteous in nature, unfortunately, and that the whole paradigm of offering a cheaper produce and a more expensive produce as well as the low wages of employees and profit-based big business and factory farming, so I have felt justified in obtaining the best quality for cheapest possible price when it comes from buying from big business ( if its farmers markets and such I don’t do this.) If I did decided it was unrighteous act I probably buy more convention produce because I could not afford to the amount of produce I eat and juice regularly, which is not a lot generally because Im a light-eater ( maybe this is underestimating myself.) I will stop this for now until I gain clarity on the subject. Any guiding thoughts on this? Also, when reading the Maat philosophy section in the Prt M Hru text it discussed giving ourselves to Maat and letting go of our individual egoistic desires, this strengthened my idea that renouncing the “stealing” of higher quality produce is the way for me to resolve this question within my heart (mind,) as I wish to give up my egoistic desires in favor of an alignment with cosmic harmony and the divine. This question on the produce has bothered me for a couple years. It also makes me see the deeper discipline of Maat, as I have more questions on how to live Maat while in an unrighteous world. Like, driving a car, and many other things that feel impure. The difficulty to live with a certain kind of reverence and sacredness within a society so influenced by agitation and dullness.

Htp

admin
        Keymaster

RamsesIIinHisChariot1

Udja

On the first issue, there are different forms of sexual activity; fornication may be considered a type that indulges in the duality of gender and which intensifies the psychological concept of self as gender as well as intensifies the aryu related to that concept. Householder sexuality is for procreation and enjoyment of human pleasures within an orderly process that reduces vulgarities and promotes sublimation. Tantrism is a whole other aspect of the mysteries that relates to not indulging or intensifying gender but using it to neutralize it in order to discover the androgynous nature of the deeper self below the layer of physical body that is used for physical sex. This subject has been covered elsewhere in the forums so I urge you to look for those posts.

On the second issue of the organic items; excluding the issue of starvation, indeed if there is a unrighteous act and one’s conscience is bothering you it means that is maat speaking and if one does not listen then that instance becomes lodged as negative aryu in the heart-later to be judged by Maat. One may have a healthy body but what of the health of the unconscious mind? Rationalization outside of an emergency taints the ethical conscience and renders the mind dull and opaque to the higher wisdom of the teaching. The answer is that the negative conditions of the world should be met by personal ethical effort, boycotts of unrighteous enterprises, and collective economies of scale meaning that those of like mind should come together to support existing positive resources or create volume efforts to reduce costs for all via their own enterprises. Save that, there are other ways to reduce costs and live healthily without necessity for moral ambiguities or questionable acts.

htp

ANTHONYBAHLIBI
          Participant

Udja Sebai Maa,

Thank you very much for these clear and direct answers to my questions. This speaks to me and I understand the implications of wrote you wrote regarding sexuality and stealing. I have read the kemetic tantra book and proceed with reverence and patience for I know my aryu requires more cleansing before the energy can be channeled correctly on the physical and mental levels. I will continue with the cleansing by coming correctly to the Maat philosophy and precepts (Asap), devotion, Tef Neteru practice, Glorious light meditation, and reflection.

Anthony

ANTHONYBAHLIBI
      Participant

Udja,

Does anyone here currently use “reflection rooms” at their local schools or workplace for the three-fold daily worship service? I have struggled with finding time for meditation at school but also feeling resisted to really kneel down and pray in a public setting. I am going to begin to utilize these rooms on my campus for meditation. I would be interested to hear others experience with utilizing public spaces for three-fold daily worship.

HTP,
      Anthony “Akhu Ra” Bahlibi

AndrewGarrow

Udja Anthony,

In answer to the question of using “reflection rooms” at a previous job I did indeed use spare rooms to practice in at work and that did work for a while until I kept getting interrupted so I just shifted my practice outside. Anpu Waset also suggested to me to sit in my car for the noon time worship which for me at my current job works great. I had the opposite feeling of practicing in public at previous jobs because this fed my ego and bolstered the ignorant view that I was somehow different or even better than the rest of the people at work. In my opinion being hesitant to pray or being bolstered by egoistic pride are both incorrect views. At school as well as work I would suggest finding a quiet spot that is away from the crowd and do what practices you can do with the least interruptions and as you move closer to the Divine you will realize that it is nothing to worship in public because the Divine is all that we are really interacting with anyways. We are indeed much more than individuals in a world of seemingly different people and objects. One thing I will add is that in my opinion I wouldn’t attempt to meditate at work or at school as it is harder to concentrate and the ego can really use your surroundings as fuel for a constant flow of distraction. But I do understand that everyone’s situation is different. Now I prefer to meditate when in the quiet of my house but I still practice the chanting and prayers in my car at work as when distractions come it is easier to remember the songs or chants. I hope this has helped to answer your question.
        Htp.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by AndrewGarrow.
          ANTHONYBAHLIBI
          Participant

Udja Andrew,

Thank you very much for your response. Great to hear of others experiences. In the past I have also had great success with using the car. Soon I will be on the bus and spending more time on campus. The “reflection rooms” are the new rooms they are making more available on campuses largely influenced by Muslim demands for places to pray five times a day. I tend to have good success meditating even in public environments and it regenerates me for fulfilling daily responsibilities. I agree that outside and a place of solitude is best. I really enjoyed your wisdom on the nature of the divine in our life.

Htp

ANTHONYBAHLIBI
      Participant

Udja,

I am looking over the Four Spiritual Disciplines in Three Steps page in the Workbook page 64. I am wondering, for those of us seeking better understanding for how to go about studying the teachings, is it advisable to study the teachings of each tradition through the order offered Asarian Tradition -> Aton Tradition? I see that on page 78 another order is given. Is there an ideal order for studying the teachings overtime, if not how best should we understand the process of studying various teachings? Am I correct in understanding that the Asarian Ressurection story, the Creation story, and the Hymns of Amun are the most important scriptures and myth for us to study? Also, where does the interactions between Tehuti and Heteru ( Glorious Light) fit into the traditions listed, is it Goddess tradition ( Shetaut Netrit)?

Also, can more be said on the tutelary divinity? I have a certain divinity that encouraged me into the kemetic system years ago. Now, in returning to Shetaut Neter with the initiative to be wholeheartedly dedicated, the connection to that divinity needs to be re-established. The divinity for me is Tehuti.My thoughts on this are that I begin a worship process of Tehuti, identify as a student who can be one Tehuti who is seen as the Ntr, and particularly use stories and teachings like the Tehuti-Heteru story to receive the unique guidance of my tutelary divinity. Is this correct understanding?

ANTHONYBAHLIBI
      Participant

I wanted to go over some of my reflections for deeper understanding. I asked myself two questions.
      1. Does individuality exist? 2. What is Self separate from mind and awareness, and does this make desires and mental- physical objects advantageous to let go of? These questions arose out of my questioning my potential to truly live and act selflessly, while also acting within time and space and not repressing ( for a later burst of anger or sorrow.) I also know that certain things have to be known by experience in order for the sublimation and teaching to be lived correctly, otherwise the attainments are still based on illusion and dogma.

I began by looking at my mind when completely free from thought and without focus on the sensory experiences. Here there is awareness of the void mind. Then for a period of time I watched what happened as I thought a word, “I”, ( could be any word.) I saw that the word and mental sound arises in the void-mind and awareness knows its arising and dissolving. Awareness is a predecessor of the experiences of mind ( clear, vast, non-existence, or full of thoughts visions etc), but in itself it is also a part of mind experiences. Thus awareness and thoughtless mind are in itself a type of thought. So then I moved to just contemplating awareness, and I saw that awareness arises in an even greater void or nothingness, but this nothingness is not clarity of mind but is actually a hidden Self beyond awareness and beyond mind. It allows mind to arise and be sustained. So then I thought that if we were conscious during deep sleep, it would be much like that, an awareness that is beyond mind or body experiences. That seems more like my true self then anything else I can experience in my mind or body, and the peace and natural order and wisdom that arises when I am IN that state is spontenous and completely different then “who I am” when operating through my ordinary fettered unmeditative state. Its like being different people. After looking at these I moved onto my questions.

Questioning individuality. I saw that if sensory experiences are excluded, a thought, “I”, can arise in the mind without the arises of a “me & them” individuality yet, but it leads in that direction ( much like the negative experience vs positive experience Sebai Maa talked about in Video for lesson 3.) This experience of mind-thought without sensory experience is also like a complete individuality in which there is no others. Then I questioned further, and saw that although one person may have different thoughts in their mind, the matrix of mind and the senses is a principle of the universe not unique to any one person. So even though one person can think “I” and another person think “me”, and neither of the two are experiencing each others thoughts, still the mechanisms are universal principles which go beyond individuality and both peoples mind and body is arising from a universal Self. The minds and bodies are really very much the same and operating on universal principles, making the Mind-Body that people only conceive of to be “my” individuality. Then I questioned further and saw that two people can sit across from each other and each can have their own mental or physical experiences, but the two people looking at each other is really Awareness looking at Awareness, and awareness is arising within the Self, and the basis upon which thought and experiences arises are really illusions. So in reality there is no individual beings experiencing, instead the universal Self in the form of a Soul is deluding itself into thinking its experience individuality. the mind-and-body may have unique illusions but the Self is the only thing actually happening. So what I saw is that there is no individuality, there is no different people or objects separate from the one universal being. So my individuality is Self in the same way another’s individuality is Self. Thus, there is nothing that can be sought, obtained, or lost in the highest sense of reality. The important matter here is that the Self in a being can be ignored/ignorance and then the being can get wrapped up in complexes of the mind and body which are in fact illusionary experiences but can be the size of a universe or more. This type of experience brings into view the importance of soul and its karma which either allows it to be one with the universal Self or lost in realms of delusion. This is probably the point at which education becomes difficult because there is the non-dual reality and the relative world, and the entanglements of the mind into the fetters of the relative obscure the simple non-dual truth that’s can be so apparent and rational intellectually. I am thinking here of Westerners who try and practice the teachings of Advaita Vedanta. I find that religion in the form of myth and ritual, although it can be a strange thing to accept, really allows the average person to “cross that bridge” from the relative to the non-dual in a structured way that verbal discourse without instruction or practices can not for most people.

I then asked “Is the Self separate from mind and awareness, and does this make desires and mental-physical objects illusions that are advantageous to let go of?” So I began with the same experiment of looking at the mind without thought and then looking at the mind while creating an intentional thought “I”. I reasoned that awareness is the critical factor allowing me to view the clear mind and the thought, but I also know my clarity of awareness comes and goes. Then as I examined awareness I saw that the clear state of mind and the CLARITY that exists Perennially before the rising, changes, and dissolving of awareness are completely different. There is a clarity of Self which exists even when awareness drops off or changes, and that clarity of Self is unchanging whereas Awareness still exists within the framework of change, karma, ignorance and knowledge. There is a clear experience there but also mixed with a coming and going of the truth, so I wonder if abiding as the Self is an act of faith combined with knowledge and experience, which eventually could become a Steadfast and Perennial experience that remains even as the mind and body are still experienced. So it showed me that my true nature is not individual(s) but one universal being, and that this does make all desires reasonable to let go of as they are illusions. Birth, death, worldly pleasures and pains; these are not necessaries.

Excuse any clumsiness in recounting, especially because of discussing things beyond “I” while still using the word I to discuss “my” experience. Actually, while thinking about expressing my thoughts when in a meditative state, through thr tendency to use words like “I”,”my”, and other contradictions, can be a good reflection for constantly bringing my consciousness to the Self and away from the illusion. My understanding is that “I”, Self, Nebertjer, Ntr, Ra, Amun, Ptah, etc are all the same as are words like Enlightenment, Nehast, Know Thyself, etc. I do spend a considerable amount of time trying to discern the differences between Amun, Ra, and Ptah and that can be a bit difficult. For example is a mental object and a physical object both aspects/creations of Ptah as in the thought ” I” or the object of a chair, is Ra the light of Awareness and the mind-space as a whole, and Amun is the hidden Self which awareness and mind arise from or is this Nebertjer or Nun, etc. Many of these confusions come together when I let go of trying to intellectual analyze it or work too hard to see unique differences, and understand that all things including dieties and names are manifestations of the Hidden Shetai. Then intuitional insights arise spontaneously which are way beyond anything I can cognitively choose to think about or can express.

AndrewGarrow

Dua Sebai Maa and Seba Dja

After the discussion last night I was going through some old papers back when I was still searching for my path and I had just begun to practice the teachings of Shetaut Neter. I thought it would be appropriate since we have touched on some of these in our weekly discussion. I just wanted to share it with my fellow aspirants in the hopes that they might gain as much from it as I have. Dua Sebai Maa and Seba Dja for your guidance and wisdom. Ankh,Odja,Seneb!!

Neberdjer has heard my cries,
      The One has sent Aset to find me,
      I am gaining Rekh Ab.
      The One has sent Djehuti to heal me,
      He is repairing the Eye
      The One has sent Hetheru to lift me up,
      I am becoming powerful
      Saa has come to me,
      Anpu is guiding me
      I stand upon Maat.

ANTHONYBAHLIBI
        Participant

Beautiful Piece..Htp

ANTHONYBAHLIBI
        Participant

Greetings Andrew, where was the talk? I am still understanding the platform and organization.

AndrewGarrow

Udja Anthony
          Every Wednesday night at 7 pm eastern there is level 1 discussion about the coursework and general questions about the teachings and practice. It is accessed via the chatroom. The previous meetings are also archived as well.
          Htp.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by AndrewGarrow.
          • This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by AndrewGarrow.
        Seba Dja
        Keymaster

Dua! Nefer poem!

HTP
        S Dja

ANTHONYBAHLIBI
      Participant

Whats the significance of the shaved head of Egyptian initiates and priests. I see many Shetaut Neter practitioners don’t cut their hair (locks) in the same way I do and it has spiritual-naturalist connotations. Is shaving of the head something that should be considered beneficial ritualistically or in another manner?

admin
        Keymaster

Feedback for ANTHONYBAHLIBI

video

ANTHONYBAHLIBI
          Participant

Udja Sebai Maa,

Thank you very much for this response. It reached to the heart of some egoistic concepts and inspired me to see higher, and I see the important difference drawn between temple-initiate philosophy versus the philosophy of the world.

Htp

admin
            Keymaster

HTP

KaMaat-Amentat
      Participant

Udja Sebai MAA,

I would just like to ask a question,

What does the scarab represent/symbolise in the Ancient Egyptian religion?

I look forward to your reply.

HTP

admin
        Keymaster

Khepri with Asha Hrau
        Udja

The Scarab is one of the most important symbols in Ancient Egyptian Mythology and philosophy. It represents among other things, creative power and the movement of Ra. The scarab is Khepri and he is the Creator aspect of Ra, who brings Creation into being out of the primordial ocean. We had a brief discussion in the Chatmeeting a few days ago about a special image of Khepri lying on his back on a serpent called Asha Hrau (many faces) and in so doing he caused the primeval ocean to turn into a trinity of physicality and that causes the serpent to churn the ocean and turn into the myriad of forms we see in the world of time and space. The image is above and there is more on this in the books Anunian Theology, the video of Introduction to Shetaut Neter, African Origins and others.

HTP

KaMaat-Amentat
          Participant

Udja,

Dua Sebai MAA for helping me understand the concept and meaning behind the scarab.

I will be attending the weekly chat meeting this week also.

Htp

admin
            Keymaster

HTP

ANTHONYBAHLIBI
      Participant

Udja,

A question regarding the Glorious Light Meditation System. Are we to visualize the light moving up to the forehead ( sixth Sefech Ba Ra) and back down, and culminate with it going up on top of the crown (seventh Sefech Ba Ra) for periods; or do we visualize it moving from 1-7 and back down throughout the meditation? I was unclear about this in the book and CD. From what I understand they serve different purposes, how should I understand this?

In my practice it feels more obstructive to go to sixth and back down, whereas when I go to the seventh it feels more expansive. But that could have to do with a concept thats being held onto or a part of the visualization being misunderstood. When I go from 1-6 a few times and then culminate at 7, that also feels more obstructive then doing 1-7 with each chant.

A second question. In terms of the visualization my understanding is that the circle that we are within is all encompassing around our body and visualize the body and Sefech Ba Ra movement happening within that circle, is that correct?

Hope the question doesnt sound conveluted as my practice as been progressing with a lot of simple clarity and effectiveness as of yet.

Thank You, Htp
      Anthony

admin
        Keymaster

GLM Logo B copy
        Udja

for general practice it is enjoined to: visualize it moving from 1-7 and back down throughout the meditation. This is done for a time of purificaton of the serpent power and the sefech ba Ra (subtle Energy consciousness centers) -this is accompanied with rhythmic breathing and chant.

Then at some time when certain physical and mental as well as unconscious purities are achieved, in the future the practice when the practice becomes more advanced certain practices of breath and visualization and specific work at specific centers is enjoined.

Indeed, In the beginning of the practice you are to visualize the circle around you and being closed off from the outside and being all encompassing of what is in, as well as being a sun in the purity of dawn. All your practice occurs within this circle.

HTP

ANTHONYBAHLIBI
          Participant

Udja Sebai Maa,

Thank you for this instruction. I will continue.

Htp,
          Anthony

ANTHONYBAHLIBI
      Participant

Udja Sebai Maa,

Can something be said about the Transcendental perspective of reality versus a materialist perspective? I have been reflecting on this question of the ability to go beyond or exist in a state beyond the physical body and reincarnation and am trying to understand it better.

admin
        Keymaster

Bruce Lee - It is like a finger pointing to the moon

“The extension of the intellect which we possess for the survey of transcendent things, is very narrow; but most ample when it shall perceive with the felicity of self-consciousness.”
        -AEP

Udja
        First of all it is important to understand that the mind you are using to try to understand the question itself is incapable of understanding the real answer since that answer is ultimately to be experienced and not cognized with the intellect. Any answer given intellectually will fall short but if followed properly to an intuitional insight that is experienced beyond mind – then we can say it served its purpose. So the philosophy is to be reflected upon over an extended period and through cleansing the personality and sharpening the intellect and opening the heart to higher feeling then the answer becomes apparent. For now suffice to say that the transcendental aspect is beyond time and space and since time and space encompasses words and concepts therefore the transcendent is beyond words and forms too. Yet we describe it like a person describing the boon but the problem is most people look at the finger and not the moon and so the descriptions are only approximations and what is discovered in the end is something beyond words but which the philosophy leads to; Therefore the philosophy is not truth but points to it and it is the task of the aspirant to study the philosophy and look to the moon.

HTP

ANTHONYBAHLIBI
          Participant

Udja Sebai Maa, # 4455

This was very helpful. I understand what has been said, both quotes are very enlightening, and I will continue on. The experience is growing in a very strong way. What a wise saying in perceiving this true ” through the felicity of self-consciousness” as a method to see the transcendent when we have narrow ability to do so with the intellect.

Dua!
          Htp!

admin
            Keymaster

HTP

ANTHONYBAHLIBI
      Participant

Is there a Kemetic Religious Calendar that we would be advised to align ourselves with? If I understand correctly the Yearly, Monthly, and Daily observances as laid out in the books( beginning of Egyptian Yoga for example) are sufficient.

Last night I was researching Egyptian Religious Calendars and came across a text (http://www.amazon.com/Egyptian-Religious-Calendar-CDXV-CDXVI-Great/dp/150528290X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1446674829&sr=8-1&keywords=egyptian+religious+calendar.) Should a Neterian get this?

admin
        Keymaster

Udja

This book seems well researched but I am not clear on if it is useful as a day to day calendar, though it seems to have extensive listings so you can try it and reading it daily make an observance for the divinities and myths being related. This is of course realizing that a living calendar changes certain dates due to lunar and solar and Siderial cycles; however it should be generally useful.

We used to put out a much simpler calendar but discontinued it some years ago. At least it contains the basic festival days and observances.

HTP

ElizabethWhite
      Participant

Udja Sebai MAA and Sebj Dja

This is Elizabeth..I first wanted to say how appreciative I am of this study, the depth of knowledge and teachings, the depth of both your commitments and engagement in sharing with us and explaining to us, the depth of the required reflections, the sincerity and level of consciousness i am sensing in all the students.

I kind of feel like Alice in Wonderland who fell down ..or it felt like i was pushed down the rabbit hole and i am thinking..”what the heck happened?” ..I am in a different landscape…but am seeing the connections with the spiritual journey i have been engaged in up to now. My spirit feels this elation that i feel like I am witnessing and wondering..what do you know that I do not know but you are expecting I will find out.

I realize any questions i ask will probably have their answers further along in the study, so thank you for being patient to explain what I have not reached to yet until it becomes clearer.

I will post my first answers and reflections this week but i wanted to ask something regarding some syllables that some years ago surfaced in my consciousness during meditation. They were Ka Sa La Ma.
      I have often wondered what they mean’t and wondered if you had ever come across syllables like this
      Dua to you both.

SEBAIMAA
        Keymaster

Udja

Dua for your kind words and you are very much appreciated.

The syllables you mentioned occur in varied words of Ancient Egyptian language with La less frequent. I am not aware of their occurrence in that order though it sounds similar to some Arabic words.

HTP

Seba Dja
        Keymaster

Dua Elizabeth,

I will just add, “It takes one to know one!” So whatever you see/feel about us and your fellow aspirants is also a reflection of your level of spiritual evolution to have such awareness and understanding. Welcome to the group!

HTP,
        S. Dja

Seba Dja
        Keymaster

Udja again,

Re: Ka Sa La Ma.

These reminded me of the Bija mantras of the Indian Chakra (Energy Center/Sefec Ba Ra) system. I believe Depak Chopra in his audio lectures, at least early on, had lessons with chanting the vowel sounds and I believe also the root sounds of the chakras, or I may be remembering it from early on when I did some Ayurveda studies.

So if you have studied within the Indian Tradition, there may be some correlation there as well.

Excerpt from article:

The bija mantras for the chakras are formed from the semi-vowels of the Sanskrit alphabet YA, RA, LA, VA. They are called ‘antahstha’or intermediate sounds in Sanskrit.

Link for full article: http://www.simonheather.co.uk/pages/articles/how_to_sound_bija_mantras.pdf

“MA” is also a root bija in the Indian System.

I also did a “google” search and found this, within the Indian tradition:

Srividya mantra is the Mother Tripurasundari’s mula mantra (root or core – mantra). Sundari’s mantra is the famous Panchadashi or fifteen syllable mantra. It has three sections (kutas), each ending with the mantra Hrim, which mantra by itself can be used to worship Tripura Sundari or Lalita.

KA E I LA HRIM

HA SA KA HA LA HRIM

SA KA LA HRIM

The link for this is: http://srividyasadhana.com/srividya-mantra/

There were some other google correlations, but these seemed to be the most “spiritual”.

HTP,
        S. Dja

ElizabethWhite
      Participant

Udja
      Dua for that Sebai Maa
      HTP

ANTHONYBAHLIBI
      Participant

Udja Sebai Maa and Seba Dja,

A follow up to the group chat and a few questions. I had mentioned my troubles with Grad School. After reflection I have realized I do want to continue in my course of studies and the troubles I have had all my life and now are the result of un-Maatian action. Negative actions bring pain and suffering. I have also reflected and reinforced that hoping or wishing for things to be better is not going to change anything but only the opposite action in accordance with Maat can purify my previous actions and lead to positive experiences, MaaKheru and Nehast in practice and permanently.

With that being said I have made the choice to do three things: put the teachings first in my day regardless of my flight-fight feeling, relinguish attachment to the results of my actions, and also do this school work as best I can in the present moment being satisfied that I did my best without praising or chastising myself whatever the result. It is still possible I can turn it around if my concentration and effort is applied. So that is where I am at with it currently. A few questions…

1. I would like to understand the role of the Neter-god in the world and in the things I see on the news, society, others and in my life. Negative actions in my past and habits that may compel negative actions in the present, are these the order of the divines plan to make me see the extent of the Fetter and Afflictions to push me to want to overcome, act with Maat and become enlightened? How should I understand my feelings of anger and disappointment with myself when I have had the perfect setting in fact my whole life to pursue enlightenment but have continued in Sloth and Desire? Is this part of the plan to wake me up?…That is what it is doing. Is this the divine plan when negative experiences are happening?

2. I see that my movement in life has been very flight-fight. I believe this is the stress response and it has been a daily experience accept during times of deep meditation or I guess when I have moments of feeling everything is going well. For example stress with school can cause me to skip sessions of Ra-Neb because of the “fight” to think I have something more important to do and I MUST do it NOW ( even when I still find time to waste) other times its “flight” and I hide from my problems in various ways. This does not only reflect in worldy duties but also other personal interests of mine whether its writing or anything, I will feel a burning passion in me that will keep me up at night thinking of what I want to do, I may skip Ra-Neb sessions because of the passion confused as creativity. This passion for things like visions and “great ideas” also disturbs my meditation and proper rest-sleep times, in meditation I do consciously let go of the thoughts. I just bought Seba Dja’s book on living a stress-free life but I have not read it yet. I would like to put the teachings first and overcome both wordly interests and the stimulated feeling of passion or atleast make them secondary. Can a word be said to point me in the right direction on this?

3. I would also like to ask about fear. There is a fear in me that is chaotic and similar to the experiences above. I grew up around homelessness with one parent and stressful middle class living with the other (my guardian as a child.) There is a fear in me that I can lose everything at any time as I saw happened to one parent, of course there was mental illness and addiction involved neither of which I have to that degree. This fear makes me freeze in the present (sloth at times) and ignore both my duties to the Shedy and to worldy duties, other times it gives me a hectic pursuit to fulfill duties, but what really bothers me is this idea that in the future I can find myself in a situation where I dont have my books, a good setting for daily intensive practice, internet access and poverty causing me to spend days on survival needs instead of focus on teaching. I have overcome some or a lot of this fear by my dedication to minimalism and a level of renunciation knowing that even if I was in that situation I would do my Shedy in a nature setting, eat little and could use public libraries for access to the teachings. As you can see the fear has pretty much made me think of all the options and accept the worst and still understand how I could practice to a high degree. But this inherent fear of loss, I am not sure, but I believe it causes me to not be fully committed to achievement in my wordly duties or in Shedy. There is a level of attachment inherent in the idea and even the planning for the worst, although there is also a level of rationalism in expecting the worst. Should I understand that this whole idea and the fear that comes with it is just thoughts causing disturbances? Is it attachment? Can the thoughts and attachment actually lead me to that fate, as it sometimes seems it is?

I feel I am approaching a state, through this course and practice of the teachings and my dedication to purification, that I can really drop a lot of old baggage and attachments to the past and future. including old forms of entertainment, thought patterns, social activities and perceived responsibilities to wordly personalities are really starting to be understood and let go of. I would like to dedicate my whole life to purification and the teachings, no matter the circumstances I find myself in whether my life leads me to solitude, a relationship format, poverty or wealth, etc. Toss all those ideas out and put the teachings first and foremost in all my waking hours. I have really been contemplating what Sebai Maa said “There is No Time To Waste.” Excuse me for the long-vacillation. Often it does not take many words to point me in the right direction so anything that can be offered I am have much gratitude for.

Dua..Dua..Dua…Ankh Udja Seneb to Sebai Maa and Seba Dja.

admin
        Keymaster

Udja

Firstly, be assured that you are not alone and are not the only one experiencing such issues as you have related, the stresses of trying to make a career, survive and pay bills, get over childhood traumas or undue stresses; on top of all that also handling the state of society and climate change today, etc. The problem is not so much in the events of the past themselves, but in the capacity to process and handle them with either well-adjusted ego or immature ego. This is what leads to the formation of negative or positive aryu; having said that, you have listed several important and necessary aspects of life that need to be handled in a careful and thoughtful manner. In your case the preferred manner is to first work towards stability. This means finding a balance even today, of your present and future concerns by realizing that you have entered into a stream of enlightening consciousness (Kemet University Asaru College). Now take deep breaths realizing that all issues will be sorted out in time and the first step is to normalize and work on relinquishing the stress of what happened in the past and what you should do in the future. Work today on finding a balance between shedy and your studies. Then as you continue your shedy and studies trust that in that balance there will be peaceful reflection that will lead to the best solutions for personal, professional and spiritual questions. Try to minimize the anxieties about what to do or what was done by focusing on the present task of studies. You may also consider seeking local counseling to assist with the personal issues and applying the stress reduction techniques. Then the answers will become clearer and the actions needed to achieve the proper goals will also become clearer. So first task take a breath, and read Sba Dja’s book closely and then read it again and follow the instructions to reduce stress; next realize your positive aryu has led you to a place where you only now need relax and work in a balanced manner and let your spiritual life unfold to lead you to the best place in life. Be sure to practice the shedy that you have selected, such as Ra-Neb sessions, even if it is for 1 minute, but try not to miss completely. Consider attending the end of year conference to experience more of the community of Shetaut Neter peace and enlightenment practices. Stay connected and working through the class lessons and allow a process of personality integration to occur in which the negative aryu is worked through and resolved as the personality is purified and you gradually transform from immature ignorant person into a mature human being and then avid spiritual aspirant that will master life and attain the goal of existence.

HTP

ANTHONYBAHLIBI
          Participant

Dua Sebai Maa, in response to #4765

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. I will share what steps I have taken and plan to take, and will share also to Seba Djas post along with a response. Your words gave me a breath of fresh air. I came into school early. First thing is I watched the morning Shedy video and did the listening, reflection, and meditation in my chair with back straight feet flat and abdomen breathing properly. I chanted ” Nuk Ba Ra” whenever I remembered to, occasionally lost it. It feels good. I did about an hour of recreation after, then did school work diligently three hours. I then got up and stretched, watched the afternoon Shedy video and practiced with it. I did an hour recreation followed by six hours school work. I completed the main assignment that I was behind on as best I could and sent it in. So now I currently do not have anything late, but just a nice amount of work to do this following week. I do see progress because I was agitated by my actions and desired to turn things around just a little bit earlier than I used to when I got behind. So I can take a breather that at least no past work is hanging over my head and now a diligent consistent effort should mitigate ramifications. So a main focus now should be Shedy practice and Stress-relief. The stress goes away completely when I chant and do meditation but returns when I think again of worldliness. So I ask myself why think of it and involve myself in it for now, so I will continue to simplify my involvements with things other than studies and Shedy for this following week. I am still at school and will watch the evening shedy video before leaving and when I get home do a devotional session and an extended meditation with emphasis on breath-relaxation while laying on my back until sleep which I think will come. I will do all three sessions each day this week and put my mind on that and work while chanting the hekau on my studies in between without attachment.

I will read De-Stressing and get through it so I can understand the big picture of it, and then apply the techniques. As Seba Dja suggested I have Conversations with God and I will read that as well. I will also visit my school counselor for a talk. I am an open person and feel no resistance to sharing my challenge with them and getting their perspective and some tips. I did it before and felt great. I take from it what I need and don’t resist or expect them to be something they are not. This I know will help and I feel secure in this process. I will give an update at the end of the week of how consistent I was able to follow this plan of action.

Very grateful. Dua! Htp

Anthony

Seba Dja
        Keymaster

Response to #4750 ANTHONYBAHLIBI

Udja,

It is good that you were able to express your situation in an organized and structured manner…this likely indicates you have been pondering these issues for some time.

You should also feel comforted that you have been led to this level of spiritual teachings, as it indicates a “readiness” on your part. You are the one engendering the bringing forth the teachings through this forum to assist your Asar (soul) to become re-memembered, and attain victory (Heru).

“When the ears of the student are ready to hear, then come the lips to fill them with wisdom.”

When I first started to read your letter, my initial thought was that you should get my book, De-stressing 101. As I read on, it seems that you did, but you indicated that you have not read it.

I would suggest reading it, because it is pre-mystical, meaning it deals with issues in time and space. It is a foundation for going into the higher mysteries.

I located this video presentation I did Jan on the De-stressing Book, however, as the group was slightly spiritually inclined, I was able to be a little more spiritually oriented, and I also added some some researches since the book. This was part of a online distance presentation to a group that asked us to participate in a shut in fast day they were having. You can also enjoy S. Maa’s presentation after mine as well.

video

There is a saying of spiritual teachers, aspirants must normalize before they spiritualize.

Our emphasis in the practice of Shetaut Neter is “INTEGRAL” which means working on a four main aspects of your personality…your intellect/wisdom, your emotions, your will, and your actions.

re: I would like to dedicate my whole life to purification and the teachings, no matter the circumstances I find myself in whether my life leads me to solitude, a relationship format, poverty or wealth, etc. Toss all those ideas out and put the teachings first and foremost in all my waking hours. I have really been contemplating what Sebai Maa said “There is No Time To Waste.”

The 4 main Shedy disciplines are to be practiced as you move through your practical life realities…so that you are not wasting time, so that you are becoming purified, so that you can evolve. They make the teachings a 24/7/365 practice. From the outside, people seeing you going through the motions of practical reality, but performing the same actions you did before, now with application of the disciplines according to the situation, you are making your way towards Nehast. The practice of the Shedy disciplines will become more perfected as your progress and your understanding continues to unfold.

Much of what you expressed related to how to act in the world…if to act in the world…what to act on in the world.

And you also expressed your feelings related to the acute stress response (Fight, Flight, Freeze) and also related to the chronic stress response (shutting down, tuning out, depression, frustration, etc.).

Stress holds energy, and thus, one would not have energy to put towards mobilizing one’s will power, and over time, one becomes emotionally drained and seemingly of weak will. It’s not because the will is not there…but because the will must be able to access energy/sekhem, and if this is being tied up physically and mentally in the body due to stress, then the will can hardly operate. The intellect/wisdom/mind cannot properly operate also if there is stress that keeps it in a dull or agitated state.

We do not live in a mystical culture, but we do live in a world operating through the Divine Plan. This earth is the larger Temple or soul school, where souls incarnate and evolve through higher teachings and tests towards Nehast, much in the same manner that humans have developed the different grades of school that we all move through towards our education of living in time and space.

So, even though everyone seems to be going through the same process of life, no two people are going through the same processes, no more so than two people sleeping in the same bed or room are having the same dream experience. While commonalities in the external situations bring people together…they each are giving and taking something different from the experience…according to the needs of their aryu.

I would next suggest you read the book, Conversations with God by Sebai Maa. It is a compilation of questions and answers aspirants have asked S. Maa over the years and his responses. You could simply read one each day. I believe you will find some of your answers there, and also it will allow you to see that your situation is not uncommon.

The issues you have encountered and are experiencing are typical of “life” lived without the foundation of a philosophy of De-stressing and a mystical goal…thus, typical of life in western culture.

There is a saying, whatever the question, the answer is, more Yoga. So you need to continue on in the teachings and some of these issues will resolve as they become understood by you and as they more able to be resolved by you.

But also, back to the statement of normalizing before spiritualizing, sometimes as discussed in my de-stressing book, this needs to take the form of seeking a counselor to resolves some of the issues of time and space and learn coping mechanisms which are generally founded in these mystical techniques, and are presented in the De-stressing book. They are referred to as “coping” mechanisms, even though they have a basis in mystical practices, because in the general psychotherapy they are only used to assist the individual to “normalize” relative to the practical world, and not to attain Nehast. So they are still important and useful, and through your ongoing study of Shedy, you will use them not only in this limited manner, but build on them for the mystical practices. This too should be seen as part of one’s practice of Rekh and Uashu….purifying the mind and heart (unconscious) of burdens (egoism). Just like western medicine is good for dealing with certain issues, though not good for promoting overall good health, so too western psychology can assist in certain key areas of mental health to bring about health, then one can move on beyond this level of healing. Further, there are licensed counselors who are more “spiritually” based/oriented, and some that are “naturally” oriented.

S. Maa and I are “big” on seeking assistance from “experts” in the field….car broken, go to good mechanic (my take a few tries to find a “good one”), marriage broken, go to good marriage counselor, childhood trauma and drama may be assisted by some types of counseling to unravel it’s impact on the areas of personality and will, and facilitate coping skills (to overcome the panic attacks). It may take a little trial and error to find a compatible therapist, but it can be done. The therapist should be viewed as a spiritual counselor by you, because the assistance is to help your soul evolve…to go beyond the normal the are trying to achieve for you, to “supernormal” (Nehast). And again, this should be seen as part of one’s Shedy Rekh & Uashu.

Issues can be assisted through the teachings, but if they are very complex and deep seated, and if the mind has developed its own unhealthy coping methods to protect itself from pain, then the teachings are unable to really help the aspirant much beyond the intellectual level…except perhaps at a slow pace with a lot of back and forth movement in and out of the teachings, especially when the teachings lead one to have to face these issues.

Remember that Nehast occurs in degrees and over time…so an aspirant must be prepared for “the long haul”…and therefore, must have a very good foundation in time and space, which is not just time and space, but the essence of which is the divine Self, and which is under Divine Plan, each person working on their own lessons and aryu as their lives intersect with others doing the same.

There is another saying, that before one can lose one’s ego, one must first have a healthy ego. This is saying the same thing, that one must be emotionally “normal” by practical reality standards before spiritualizing. It’s not that one must be egoless, but one must have a healthy ego (no self esteem issues, etc.) in order to become ego-less, otherwise the unhealthy ego will work to protect itself, and diminish progress on the spiritual path. Such aspirants can even have very good “intellectual” development, meaning they seem to have a good grasp of the teachings, but they are not able to live by the teachings and apply the teaching in their lives, because the foundation for spiritual health is not there or there in a very limited manner.

So, in summery, read my book De-stressing 101 and apply aspects of the recommendations that resonate with you.

Read S. Maa’s book conversations with God.

Keep on practicing your Integral Shedy to the best of your ability.

And you can also schedule to set up a private counseling session with myself and or S. Maa as well, or private message us, or email us privately.

I know S. Maa is also responding, so I will not go into more at this time.

HTP,
        S. Dja

ANTHONYBAHLIBI
          Participant

Udja Seba Dja, in response to #4767

Thank you very much for your prompt and extensive reply. I gave a reply to Seba Maa and will share my plan here as well in brief. First, your response gave me some solid points. It directed me to connect the Shedy practice with the normalization process, “healthy ego” process, and day to day affairs. The teachings you gave me here on understanding this part of the process relates to where I am and what I must do. I agree I am at the stage of putting emphasis on normalizing my life and by degrees overcoming the chaotic characteristics of mind and action while engaged in the world. I am soaking up what you said still. This is my plan and how I have worked it. This morning came in to school. First thing, watched the morning shedy video and practiced along while listening, reflecting, and meditation in my chair. Back straight, feet planted, belly breathing out and in comfortably. I then worked tell noon with one hour recreation. At noon watching and practiced with the afternoon Shedy video. Then worked for six hours with one hour recreation. I was able to turn in my only late assignment. The stress is still present but I see the power of todays Maat action, and the more I can perform action opposite to the actions that produced stress of mind-body and sloth in my duties I know things will get better. I am also not going to let myself get caught up in any of the small victories because sometimes thats when I forget the past- actions and need for effort and slack. Its interesting that there is an idea that this is “relaxation” when we say “I did good, now I can slack.” That leads actually to stress again. So I relinguish attachment to the results and will relax in the expansiveness of the meditation. What you said about different people having different experiences, like two people dreaming. That was very enlightening and helped me let go of some of my perceived passion with worldly personalities. I have The book Conversations with God, just got it recently. I will read De-stressing in full and encorporate a regular reading of Conversations with God. Through the week I will put Shedy 3 times a day first and in between work diligently on my studies limiting distractions more and more. My distraction will not be a distraction but the practice of meditation and breathing. I will also visit the school counselor and have a talk, get some thoughts out, and get some feedback and perspective. This plan should help me mitigate stress that causes me to freeze in my efforts and also help me overcome. I will update at the end of the week to say if I followed this plan to fulfillment and healing.

Dua..Thank you very much for you response…Htp

Anthony

KaMaat-Amentat
          Participant

Udja Sebai MAA & Seba Dja,

I sat and read through all of Anthonys posts and both Yours and Sebai MAA’s or Yours and SEba Dja’s. I thought this to be so interesting as well as profound and as well as helpful.

I am now coming to the realization that all the things I think I’m struggling with all alone, that actually a great deal of people living in this world are going through the same things or sometimes even worse.

Lately I have been feeling very down, & it seems I have lost all will to do anything. Literally anything. Even eating sometimes seems like a chore to me and I just do not want to undergo anything. I’ve gotten to a point of feeling so ‘depressed’ that even what I know to be true and abiding such as the divine makes me feel like saying “Oh whatever”. I get these intervals of great energy toward my spiritual journey but majority of times I have no confidence in myself to be able to achieve anything. Coming from a family and then a series of relationship where people constantly nit pick at everything you do and everything you are. They do this to make you feel bad about yourself or to have control over you by making you doubt your own worth. These insecurities have lead me to not believe in myself, my intuition (the voice in my head that always seems to be right about everything), my ability or my worth. I feel as if all that was said about me in my past and present and all the ways I have been treated in my past and present has had a very detrimental affect as I feel all things are my fault but I have no longer got the energy or will to stay any longer in any situation and try to make anything right. I feel like I limit myself but I cannot for the life of me seem to be able to forgive myself affectively or to expand and stretch myself and start to stand outside of my situations rather than stand in it because I am too sensitive.

Also I have a few questions,
          1. While reading through all 3 of your posts I saw a short mention on acute stress responses and chronic stress responses, I thought maybe if I understood more about this it would help me further and the healthy ego that was mentioned also, what was meant when it was said that a healthy ego is needed, I didn’t really understand that section.

2. Lately, while doing my daily prayers and chants I have been having bad dreams. My partner thinks it may be the fact that I pray in front of idols and chant their names. He is a bit over paranoid and suspicious at times so I don’t think this could be the cause but I thought it was worth asking. But like Obeah and voodoo, he beliefs that it may be the fact that I am summoning entities and they are beginning to come into my dreams in the form of nightmares.

3. Lastly, I am more than certain that my aryu has something to do with females and hate toward genders and so on and so fourth. As a young child I had a massive problem with being a female because I would look around and see that females were treated incredibly badly and then when they grow up they have menstrual cycles and so on. We are all told that we are the cause of civilization being in this state of decay, then we are put on music videos as if we are a sexual parade and I hated being part of a race of people who not only assisted in encouraging the world to disrespect them and see them as foolish people because of the constant silly things we were all programmed to do and think but also because I hate feeling hated. I’ve always felt as if I am an outcast and this maybe perpetuates that feeling. I thought there must be more to being a female, there must be divinities that represent us. We can’t just be here to serve man like a slave, like when they speak about humans being slave for the gods/aliens. More recently I was told that polygamy is something that should be incorporated into life regardless of whether there are enough of a certain gender to go around, then I was told that in the beginning women ruled but we treated men badly and in turn we have been taken over and over thrown by them up until present day and we must accept this and repent and submit to our men because they are here to help us out of our pit. This threw me off because just like the bible it seemed as a justification for bad behavior toward your counterpart. I feel as if I am confused as well as extremely bitter toward the majority of my opposite sex, mostly because of the injustices constantly committed by them to the world, the control and the ego and pride but double standard of men and so on, I could go on for days. But in turn I struggle to be able to accept the fact that women also have a part to play in the decline as you see nowadays, there are a lot of things done by women that can be a hindrance to elevation of themselves, their families, and their children. I have a lot of hate in me and it seems to be proving very hard to get rid of. I seemed to be too bothered with everything bad thing going on in the world, especially to those things that could affect me especially or directly. Such as rape, injustice because of my gender, being overcalled/overpowered or put down because of my gender… so on.. so when I see it going on I get very fiery inside my chest and feel the blood inside of me. I hate seeing females or black people but females 1st then black people in that order, get discriminated or treated badly or injustices to be done to them. I don’t know why I get so angry. but its gotten to the point where I just can’t deal with my mind because I am going to drive myself crazy. I have been in too many similar situations and it seems to have made me bitter and I find it hard to forgive Men where as I used to be able to forgive easily. So what I do is push it to back of my mind until I can deal with all of my wild emotions about various different situaitons.

HTP for your time as I understand this is a long and detailed post. I thank you DUA for all the things you do for people/souls on this earth as well as the time you have taken out of your lives to do all of these incredible things. Just a quick note. Sebai MAA, you are far from included in the category of ‘Men’ I just spoke about in my last questions.

Ankh Udja Seneb to you both!

HTP HTP HTP

admin
            Keymaster

Udja

This is a special Audio Feedback dealing with some important issues that all aspirants should be aware of. This post deals with issues of gender inequality, overwhelming hatred, maladaptation to human existence and the overpowering nature of the unconscious mind when it has been caused to assimilate and retain negative impressions through undue stresses, injustices and ignorance from negative upbringings, negative relationships, negative work situations that we ourselves play into that need to be faced and resolved in order to move forward on the spiritual path. Here is a special resource book that may be helpful. The book is Growing Beyond Hate. See the audio feedback attached below.

Book cover growing beyond hate

MORE ABOUT THE BOOK

Additionally, the Kemetic Life Skills Class is a self-administered / or guided (according to student choice) course that is being prepared now that you can also take that helps to work through these issues you have related that i n fact affect most people in the world. It shows the reasons and then methods to overcome these issues.

DrMuataAshbyteachingat2013NeterianOCnferenceWeb-for-KLS

Explore the Kemetic Life Skills Class (KLS)

HTP

Attachments:
            You must be logged in to view attached files.
              Jason W
              Participant

UDJA Sebai MAA

I can see that particular book addresses alot of issues that can assist the new aspirant in relation to worldly issues that we face and are difficult to deal with ..

DUA. HTP

admin
                Keymaster

HTP

KaMaat-Amentat
              Participant

Udja Sebai MAA,

Dua Dua Dua for taking your time to put his information together for me. I will indeed purchase the book and register for the course.

How much is the course monthly?

& Dua for the audio recording.

HTP Sebai

admin
                Keymaster

HTP

KaMaat-Amentat
              Participant

Ankh Udja Seneb 1000 times Sebai MAA,

I cannot thank you enough for the advise and the detail you gave in the audio recording. It has helped me and I have downloaded it to my phone to listen to it over and over. I am extremely honoured to have your help, guidance and teaching.

I will purchase the book and attend the course. Could you please give me information on the price per month for the life skills course please.

Lastly, due to me being and living in the UK I will not be able to attend the conference but, if there are lecture recordings or conference videos please post them or send them to me if possible so I can view.

Dua Dua Dua & HTP Sebai

admin
                Keymaster

Udja
                You can find more information about Kemetic Life Skills class at this link:

GO HERE FOR KLS

HTP

Seba Dja
            Keymaster

Response to post: November 16, 2015 #4773 KaMaat-Amentat

Udja KaMaat-Amentat,

Htp hna Dua – Peace and Adorations/Blessings.

My response is quite extensive so I will put in a separate page.

Click Here to read it

HTP,

Seba Dja

KaMaat-Amentat
              Participant

Udja,

Ankh Udja Seneb to you also Sebai Dja,
              I have just read through your post and I would like to say a special dua to you and Sebai MAA. Thank you for taking time out to address my questions and issues and get into it in such detail. Dua.
              I would like you to know that your post as given me great guidance, help, and peace when it comes to queries I have had for a long long time.

I will be taking everything you said on board as well as purchasing the de-stressing book to assist with this new understanding I was lucky enough to be taught.

Thank you very much.

HTP to you and yours!

Bastu Akhu
                Participant

Udja Sebai Maa, Seba Dja, Anthony, KaMaat,

Dua. I just finished going through the thread of questions by Anthony and KaMaat (post #4750, #4768, #4769 #4773) and answers by Sebai Maa and Seba Dja (post #4765, #4767 #5290 & #5397). Anthony and KaMaat, thank you so much for your heartfelt openness in sharing your own personal experiences of practical reality of time and space, initiating such profound responses from our preceptors that all of us in this forum could and will benefit from. I too have some experiences that are similar in how I ‘feel’ and process the interactions with people and situations in my practical reality so, no we are definitely not alone. I have had to myself seek relationship counselling to deal with the practical reality of my personal relationship issues that surfaced almost immediately after I started the teachings, though these issues (such as communication) were not new, the teachings were blamed for them. The life skills series that was held on blogtalk truly helped me with an intellectual understanding on what it means to “relate” and what the practice of dispassion and detachment really look like. However for me, applying this understanding through speech, action and thoughts isn’t at all easy and I sometimes face challenges in trying to maintain balance, in trying to live by Maat in an Un maatian society and culture and tons of ego expressions including my own. Like Anthony, I too have experienced freezing up, more so when I am confused about what action to take, I use to at most times take none which sometimes meant as Seba Dja explained “giving worth and value to others over your own” an unhealthy ego. Though my relationship did not survive as I was use to it (we separated), it is now psychologically healthier for both of us more than ever due to what I see now among other things as the benefits of the reduction of emotional co-dependency as Seba Dja explained in her response and for me, a sense of empowerment and stronger will through the teachings because I am aware of the purpose and meaning of life. However it took a while to get to the state of unhealthy ways of relating so though my environment is more normalized, I notice that I am still having to work on cultivating a “healthy ego” with the help of getting to practice the art of “relating” to “other” in other types of relationships (friends, father, mother, sister, brother, son, daughter etc.) correctly.

Sebai Maa and Seba Dja DUA for your detailed and practical response. Seba Dja, you mentioned that each person only responsibility is to work out their own ariyu and that being on a mystical path means being selfish and selfless at the same time. In addition you mentioned that selfless service or helping others should occur when that help is desired or needed, intersection of arius. I take this to mean then that My Higher Self also need this particular intersectional experience from the other person’s Higher Self for it’s evolution though the experience might be different for both souls involved. So in helping others essential I am helping myself as you said every soul is getting what they need based on their spiritual evolution.

Seba Dja I particularly found your statement about us not all being in the same boat but in different mental dimensions living in our own worlds created by our own minds which is conditioned by our own aryu extremely profound. I will need to reflect on this further as my initial thought saw separatedness when you used “own world” “own minds” I instead of oneness.

DUA
                HTP

KaMaat-Amentat
                  Participant

Udja & Dua Akua,

I read through your post and the last 2 paragraphs hit me. It seems you had taken in something I hadn’t even considered when I read the post from Seba Dja initially.

It is quite interesting when you think about it. We are all on the same boat but in our own worlds. This creates an understanding for me in regards to souls and all of our journeys. Although it seems separate it is also very united as we all are the one divine consciousness living and thinking and being in our own realities or our own conception of reality. It just futher instates the duality and polarity which is here only to ensure the all encompassing divinity is able to see the very depths of itself which is all of us that seem different. But which is really the divine in different forms. The forms give the consciousness/spirit inside of it concepts, ideas, understandings and a reality in correspondence with their ariyu.
                  Like me, I’m a young kem skinned female living in England, London, with a certain type of family and background. That alone gives me an experience because it then becomes deeper and more detailed to create a reality around me that I live in and believe in to give me the necessary experiences and in turn lessons to direct me in the direction of the divine and the direction of enlightenment or deeper embed me into my ignorance and ego, because I begin to believe in my form. This is the understanding I came to when reading your last posts.

It’s also interesting how one post posted by Anthony can lead to all of us coming together in unity and knowledge to work toward a particular goal.

HTP to all of you.

ANTHONYBAHLIBI
              Participant

Udja Seba Dja, #5397

Thank you for this comprehensive and very helpful response to Ka-Maat which you included in the attached text. It highlighted a number of areas of discomfort I have experienced in wordly life and gave me great insight to understand these better, as well as how to go down the path to normalize my life and enter the mystical path in earnest. I will continue studying this reflective discussions had with Ka-Maat and Myself, the helpful teachings given by yourself and Sebai Maa, and the great comment from Akua Nyarko.

Dua..Htp

ANTHONYBAHLIBI
          Participant

Udja Seba Dja #4767 Sebai Maa #4765

Just a quick follow up. I put in to action the plan I discussed and also in the process greatly deepend my daily practice. The benefits have been great, its amazing how Maat action can bring about clarity, virtue, and order. I will continue on steadfast…

Dua for the guidance, still continuing to reflect and grow with the words of advise given.

HTP
          Anthony

ElizabethWhite
      Participant

Udja Sebaii Maa and Seba Dja
      just a question re the ‘Progress to next lesson’ post where we are asked to summarize the feedback you give to us. There are two boxes..an empty one, and one below that has ‘Comment’ at the top.
      Are we to summarize in the empty box and submit? Or do we summarize the feedback and then add a comment re our response to the feedback in the ‘comment ‘ box?

Dua
      Elizabeth

admin
        Keymaster

Udja

All answers are to be provided in the empty boxes or the check boxes in the quiz itself and not in a comment section

so summaries are in the empty boxes and then submit

HTP

ElizabethWhite
      Participant

Dua Dua
      Sebai Maa for the clarification and Seba Dja for the welcome and the links!
      I also wanted to add sending my thoughts of support to Anthony at this time..and to all in the world who are feeling afraid and vulnerable. May we help each other to hold steadfastly to what is true
      Elizabeth

ANTHONYBAHLIBI
        Participant

Elizabeth, # 4776

Dua..Thank you very much and HTP to you and all.

Jason W
      Participant

Udja.

Greetings Sebai MAA & Seba Dja,

I have a question in regards to moving on to the next lesson. Should we wait until we get feedback on all parts (Video, audio, reading) before moving to next lesson or can we proceed to the next lesson available? I currently am finished with level 1 lesson 1 along with level 1 lesson 2.

Dua

Thank you

admin
        Keymaster

Udja

Ny-yes please wait to get feedback before continuing to the next lesson and your quiz questions require feedback anyway.

If yo have not received feedback in more than a week then it is possible it was missed so simply send an email with the post # and it will be placed at the top of the cue and looked at

HTP

ElizabethWhite
      Participant

Udja Sebai Maa and Seba Dja

When I go to the student bookstore and click on the link to send the email requesting the discount, it comes up with a warning and if I continue past that it takes me to an AOL website but with no reference to the bookstore..so I am not sure if this is just my computer. I wanted to let you know

Also..when I purchase the books, if i would like them to be sent to a mailing address in Miami for them to be couriered to Jamaica should i give you that address? I was not sure if a page would come up in the process asking for the shipping address etc.

I was also wondering re the question Jason posted re moving on to the next lesson. I have completed Level 1 Lesson 1. I have received feedback for the Video section..should I summarize that feedback and send and then move on to the next video in the meantime?
      I appreciate all that you do, as reading and responding is such an ongoing commitment of your time.
      Dua
      Elizabeth

admin
        Keymaster

Udja

Indeed we will check on the link and send you a bookstore discount.

Also on the quizzes: If there is no audio in the lesson simply state “no audio” and then move on

if there was and you received the feedback then summarize the feedback and then move on

HTP

ElizabethWhite
      Participant

Dua Sebai Maa
      for the discount link and i will email those posts.
      Elizabeth

admin
        Keymaster

HTP

BernadetteCollins
      Participant

Udja Sebai Maa & Seba Dja,

As a new aspirant, how long do I mediate & chat-“Om Amun Ra Ptah”? Is it too early to look at the other
      forms of meditation?

I also wanted to comment on Seba Dja’s response to Anthony Bahlibi; “aspirants must normalize before
      they spiritualize,” This is an awesome statement..I myself must seek out the De-stressing book 101. I realize, I’m having to let go of certain behaviors,in order to embark on this journey. This is not viewed as a burden, I’m just noticing a difference in myself. The challenge, I’m finding is those around me, that are not on this journey & don’t understand. I want to be able to complete this in this life time.

Dua…Htp

admin
        Keymaster

Udja

about your question: “As a new aspirant, how long do I mediate & chat-“Om Amun Ra Ptah”? Is it too early to look at the other
        forms of meditation? “

GLM Logo B copy

The practice of the different meditation systems is something that should be worked out with an instructor personally and it relates to a person’s personality. The simple meditation system and the guided meditation practice that has been enjoined is a starter program for all and from there there are several techniques. However, this beginning practice can be engaged for the first year as the objectives are to get in the habit and also start systematically bringing the mind to a focus; this is a foundation for more advanced practices. Also, what is called “informal meditation” is to be practiced at the same time for the first year and beyond-this is practicing maat wisdom of ethical and balanced living of controlling emotional swings and correcting incorrect thoughts and beliefs that cause agitation in the mind – which prevents concentration and relaxation of the personality.

Glorious Light meditation, Asaru Meditation, Temple of Aset Meditation, serpent power meditation, Tjef Neteru Postures meditation, there are other techniques discussed in the Pert M Heru text as well

Several will be discussed at this years Neterian conference next month so if you attend you would be able to learn about them first hand

If that is not possible you see the videos that will be made available after.

Additionally, at an appropriate time you can arrange a meeting with myself so we can discuss your specific situation and determine which would be the best course to take next. Alternatively perhaps this is a subject we can discuss at the next monthly shedy meetings.

HTP

BernadetteCollins
          Participant

Response to feedback #5347

Udja, Sebai Maa,

Dua for the clarification. I understand now. Htp

ElizabethWhite
      Participant

I was wondering if there is the equivalent of a ‘yantra’ image in Shetaut Neter for Om Amun Ra Ptah.
      If there is, would it be ok to hold that as a mental image in the mind while repeating?
      Dua ..HTP
      Elizabeth

admin
        Keymaster

Udja

about “Yantra”

According to Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:
        Yantra (यन्त्र) is the Sanskrit word for a mystical diagram, especially diagrams or amulets supposed to possess occult powers in astrological or magical benefits in the Tantric traditions of the Indian religions. Traditionally such symbols are used in Eastern mysticism to balance the mind or focus it on spiritual concepts. The act of wearing, depicting, enacting and/or concentrating on a yantra is held to have spiritual or astrological or magical benefits in the Tantric traditions of the Indian religions.
        Perhaps the most famous Yantra is “Sri Yantra”:
        Sri YantraBy the definition above, any Ancient Egyptian temple relief containing the hieroglyphs and iconographies of the gods and goddesses as well as the vignettes of the Pert M Heru (Book of Enlightenment) especially those of the Chapter 18 on the mystic Duat, can be considered as a Yantra or mystic diagram possessing occult powers in astrological or magical benefits. Some Ancient Egyptian Tantric images were discussed in the book Egyptian Tantric Yoga-Sacred Sexuality.
        Some specific Ancient Egyptian Yantras are pictured below
        Duat of Lady AnhaiThe Duat of Lady Anhai -presents a well defined image repeated in several Pert M Heru Texts relating to the regions of the astral plane and the location of the anrutef region and place of the sages, saints and Asar as well as the enlightened persons (Akhus). Another Ancient Egyptian Yantra is below: A standard image of three neterus representing the juxtaposition and relationship between heaven, earth and ether as well as the tantric sexual nature of their relationship. The positions are always the same and their form is always the same. Geb Nut Shu with penis extendedSo the concept of Yantra is found in Ancient Egypt. Additionally, the classic new kingdom temple form itself is a mystic yantra relating to the trinity of Creation and the duality and non-duality of existence. Always dual pylons (Akhet) and one central entrance. Always three sections relating to three regions of existence and always in the center of the temple at the highest point of the floor is the holy of hollies. In fact there is scarcely anywhere in Ancient Egyptian mythology, iconography, hieroglyphic orthography, architecture, etc, where we do not find what is referred to in Hinduism and Buddhism today as Yantras. There is much more here but suffice for now…
        word-image
        Temple-Ancient-Egyptian-col
        Here is a ancient Egyptian standard image of an ATON Yantra:
        Aton with hand rays and Ankh
        In the case of Amun-Ra-Ptah the yantra is hieroglyphic and can appear in any directions left to right, right to left, top to bottom
        AMUN Ra Ptah GLYPHS Color copy
      ElizabethWhite
      Participant

When there is the webinar..is there a particular program you use..like Skype? I was asking the It support at school how I would access a webinar on my computer and they said i would need to know what program was used ahead of time to make sure i have it on my computer.
      Also, I am not sure if there was a reply to another question i asked..re if there is the equivalent of a ‘yantra’..or a corresponding visual image for Om Amun Ra Ptah. I did see where a message had been sent (the little circle beside my name) but i could not find it on the site.
      Dua
      Elizabeth

admin
        Keymaster

U

The program we currently use is Anymeeting
        https://www.anymeeting.com/

you receive a meeting link and join from there. It does not use skype. It is its own program
        Go to the link above for more info

HTP

DamazALEXIS
      Participant

Udja Sebai MAA and Sebai Dja,

I just started my lesson and here my first question:

In the book Egyptian Yoga: the philosophy of enlightenment, there is a reference to the fact that we are able to enter into conversation with our Ba. Can this be done via dream?

In general, what is the importance of dream in Shteaut Neter? Does dream have any influence or guidance in our spiritual development?

I thank you in advance for your answer.

UDja

admin
        Keymaster

Udja

In Ancient Egyptian wisdom there is a teaching that dreams are a venue for communication with the neteru (gods and goddesses) one prime example is the Dream Stele at the chest of the Great Sphinx (Heru em akhet) in Giza Egypt.

dream glyph resut“resut” dream

It tells of communication between the prince and the Sphinx. In Ancient Egyptian temples and hospitals there were sleeping rooms where patients could, guided by the priests and priestesses, sleep in hopes of communicating with the neteru for health or fulfillment of desires. Dreams occur in the astral plane, the plane of mind (Ka). Additionally, there is another teaching of visions. Visions also occur in the astral plane but visions occur when the mind is awake and not dreaming but also not in the physical plane. So visions are the positive aspect of awareness in the astral plane and dream state is the negative aspect. Negative because it occurs when the personality is not in control and is instead passive and caught in the delusion of ego. In visions there is awareness of the illusoriness of the physical personality which occurs in states such as advanced meditation. Also this can occur when the mind becomes sufficiently lucid (ego has been purified and no-longer deludes the personality) to be aware of divine presence during waking plane (physical reality), dream plane (astral/mind plane) experiences- this is also called nehast or spiritual awakening – enlightenment. To the degree that the dream state promotes lucidity through contact with the gods and goddesses (cosmic forces affecting/affected by aryu of Creation and aryu of individual person) and the working out of obstructive aryu of the present and past, to that extent dreams can be helpful but they are not substitutes or preferable to active preceptorial guidance; they are instead complementary to the initiatic process if understood and pursued in accordance with the teaching first by engaging shedy disciplines (ethical living, study of teaching, devotional ritual and meditation) practices with proper guidance. Then unconscious as well as lucid dreams can be helpful to the spiritual evolution instead of just other venues to experience and express human ignorance as most people do.

an sedjer-sleepless one -God

an sedjer-sleepless one -God

We are instructed that one of the epithets or titles of God (Supreme Being) is “an sedjer”-sleepless one. So God does not sleep and does not dream. In the PertmHeru text it is requested by the initiate to “see as god sees.”

Rather, God’s experience is like a vision; a vision is a waking experience of a relative reality, so if a person is awake while having a dream that is a vision state. If experiencing the Duat or astral plane while sleeping that is dream; if experiencing the astral plane while awake that is also a vision state. The vision state is thus preferable to the dream state.

We are instructed by the blind harper that: “One’s acts on earth are like a dream.”

Therefore we are to realize that ordinary waking reality is illusory and that we should seek to have God vision that does not fall into the delusion of sleeping and dreaming. Rather, we are to seek to regain the experience of uninterrupted awareness, i.e. solar awareness, that is whole and without darkness; as opposed to lunar awareness which is changeable, partial and segmented, with intermittent periods of light and dark.

Harper

KaMaat-Amentat
          Participant

Udja,

This was quite a good post to read. It futher enhances the illusoriness of the world that I’m trying to capture and be aware of 24/7.

It helps me to have that state where I meditate on proverbs such as “We should see as god sees”. It helps structure the illusoriness of the world in my mind to be able to constantly see that this life is not an abiding reality rather than get embedded and attached to reality.

Dua for the initial question, as it lead to here

HTP

DamazALEXIS
          Participant

Udja Seba MAA,

Many thanks for your answer related to the importance of dream in Shetaut Neter practice which was very enlightening for myself. To the extent the that we progress among the spiritual path by practicing the shedy disciplines, right actions aligned with MAAT and devotion to the divine, our many states of dream will transform progressively into divine vision state until we reach that level of permanent awareness to the transcendental essence.

Thanks again to shed the light on this particular topic.

Udja

HTP

ElizabethWhite
      Participant

Udja Sebai Maa,
      DUA for your response about the Yantra, and the hieroglyphic image for Amun Ra Ptah..and also the clarification for the meetings.
      I saw where the SPHINX and the PYRAMIDS were among landmarks that were lit in orange yesterday’s International day of Elimination of Violence against Women..and i thought I would share the United Nation link with the image (at the bottom of page) as we were discussing the deeper meanings surrounding this issue from a soul perspective in our chat room last night
      http://www.un.org/en/events/endviolenceday/

Elizabeth

admin
        Keymaster

Udja
        Dua for the link
        HTP

ElizabethWhite
      Participant

Udja Everyone,
      Sebai Maa had shared about Bhutan in our chat meeting and it being the only country today with a similarity to the ancient Egyptian way of life..even though it too is now being influenced by western values. This story was on BBC some time ago and i remembered it so looked it back up to share with you all.
      “In the 1970s, the king of Bhutan announced that the happiness of the population was more important than Gross Domestic Product. Saamdu Chetri has been charged with overseeing Bhutan’s happiness – but his own life has had its share of suffering…”

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-33617673

admin
        Keymaster

Udja

Indeed, also 60 Minutes has done some pieces on Bhutan that show the transition over the past 20 years from a more ancient Buddhist wisdom guided culture (similar to Ancient Egypt) to more secular and worldly guided culture -this despite the ideal of social happiness as a goal; so modern culture has infected Bhutan and the question is how far the infection will go and how will it metastasize into the ills of modern culture.

As an aside it is interesting that Bhutan previously maintained the prior positive culture despite being located in the heart of Asia and the northern hemisphere of the world, a location refereed to be Ancient Egyptian sages as the land of strife of the “miserable Asiatic.” Perhaps this was due to its relative isolation.

HTP

DamazALEXIS
      Participant

UDJA SEbai MAA and Sebai DJA,

In most African religion, there is the concept of spirit possession where the practitioner at some time, is possessed by the GOD worshiped meaning, momentarily, the SPIRIT is expressing itself through the body of the practitioner.
      Do we have the same concept or equivalent in Shetaut Neter?

HTP

Seba Dja
        Keymaster

November 30, 2015 at 12:09 pm
        #5457 DamazALEXIS

Re: UDJA SEbai MAA and Sebai DJA, In most African religion, there is the concept of spirit possession where the practitioner at some time, is possessed by the GOD worshiped meaning, momentarily, the SPIRIT is expressing itself

Response from Seba Dja:

Udja,

I recently gave an extensive reply to another aspirant in response to thier post, and as part of that response I addressed this issue of Afr religion and Shetaut Neter.

Here is the link…it’s addressed towards the mid-end part of this letter as I recall:

Healthy Ego before Mystical-izing Response to #4773 KaMaat-Amentat

S. Maa will respond separately.

HTP, S. Dja

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by Seba Dja.
      ANTHONYBAHLIBI
      Participant

Udja Sebai Maa,

Are the Wisdom Texts (Ptahotep, Amenemope, etc) considered wisdom and instructions for initiates or for general population? My thinking on this is if these wisdom texts relate to the idea of “normalizing” the ego per se through Maat action in regards to work, career, family life, spiritual endeavors, versus the “mysticalizing” stage. Do these wisdom texts embody the actions-thoughts that an initiate should follow closely? Hope my question makes sense. They are very powerful and helpful and I foresee myself spending years studying and reflecting on them.

admin
        Keymaster

REPLY TO: #5486 ANTHONYBAHLIBI

Udja

No person is born being already wise-Ptahotep trans by MAA

-AEP -Ptahotep

The Wisdom Texts are a special genre of teaching that may be considered as expositions on mostly secular but also mystic Maat Philosophy, Therefore they should be seen as an essential foundation for secular life in preparation for mystic pursuits. It will do little good for an aspirant who hopes to pursue initiation into the higher mysteries to have a secular life that is a mess, being involved in domestic disputes, legal proceedings, having stress over worldly worries and being accosted by other anxieties of life such as family, sexual desires, wayward children, being stuck in a dead end job that is neither fulfilling or useful to society. So the Wisdom Texts deal with these issues of right living and thinking and feelings so that a proper foundation of life may be laid in order to become a qualified personality to entertain a serious and fruitful pursuit of advanced spiritual research.

escriba2

HTP

ANTHONYBAHLIBI
          Participant

Udja Sebai Maa, In response to #5584.

This is very helpful thank you. Gives me a better understanding of the type of literature and its purpose on the path.

I am just wrapping up a course on the European witch-hunts of sixteenth and seventeenth century. In some locales 70-80% of the women were tortured and executed. The catalysts underlying economic-political instability, but primarily the spread of a new concept of witchcraft in which the Devil overtime became an equal of god and the witch became a sexual-partner of the Devil; and this made witches represent a radical-rebellious conspiracy to God and Christian society. Prior to this forms of magic (including cursing, the evil eye, and folk and learned forms of magic) were seen as ultimately under the authority of God and was not viewed as a threat but was integrated into all aspects of the society. People began to believe that witches literally flew to Sabbaths and gathered with the devil, and accused witches (often old, poor, widowed women but ended up being any women) reinforced this by “confession” under torture. I just finished up a paper where I showed how torture resulted in accusations and confessions which reinforced the witch hunts. There is a lot of interesting things to be said psycho-spiritual on the events, but at the end of the day shows what happens when people lack wisdom and are caught up in the “veil” instead of the mystical-experience.

I am very inspired and look forward to contemplating more the wisdom texts.

Udja
          Htp
          Anthony

ANTHONYBAHLIBI
      Participant

Udja Sebai Maa,

I would be interested in knowing more regarding the Saui Set- fetters of Set and the afflictions of Set. The Fetters I understand is the darkness of ignorance, Un-Maat action, belief in egoism, and ignorance of Self. The afflictions I understand are mental and/or physical engagement in thoughts or actions of Greed, Envy, Anger, Lust, Selfishness, etc.

It seems to me that the mental-thought and the physical-action experience of the afflictions work on different levels, because I could abstain from an action of anger much easier than I can keep the mind from thoughts of anger. Is the overcoming of physical-level afflictions first needed to work consistenly on mental-afflictions?

It seems when I engage the physical action it reduces the energy behind the affliction temporarily but also reduces the effectiveness of working through the affliction with yoga.

Is the elimination of afflictions a pre-requisite for completely overcoming the fetters of Set, or are the afflictions overcome only when the fetter of ignorance of Self overcome?

admin
        Keymaster

Udja

Chapter 3

(7) Don’t start a quarrel with a hot-mouthed man,

Nor needle him with words.

Pause before a foe, bend before an attacker, Sleep (meditate on it) before speaking.

A storm that bursts like fire in straw,

(8) Such is, the heated man in his hour.

Withdraw from him, leave him alone,

The God knows how to answer him.

-WISDOM TEXT-Sage Amun-em-hat

A well reflected question and certainly important for the capacity to understand and practice the teachings in a useful and propitious manner.

The relationship of the terms may be understood as follows for easier understanding; This is not the only way but useful for our purpose here and now. The Affliction is caused by the illness of ignorance of knowledge of Self (khemn). The ignorance is the source and affliction is the disease (negative thoughts and feelings [negative aryu]) and the effect is the fetter. The aryu is the accumulation of either positive thoughts, and feelings based on past experiences or negative ones based on past thoughts feelings and actions so the past thoughts, feelings and actions lead to setup of more aryu based on them and that is the basis for new cycles of thoughts, feelings and actions, which is a new setup, etc, etc, etc… If the aryu is positive it leads to lucidity and freedom IF there is authentic aspiration and teaching. If the aryu is positive but there is no higher initiatic training then it leads to heavenly positive experiences but not necessarily enlightenment and abiding freedom. If there is negative aryu it leads downward to the path of more ignorance and delusion as well as the consequences of sufferings that that entails.

To break the cycle of negative aryu: the suppression of the expression of an aryu is more important than the expression in the long-term capacity to handle its resolution. When there is expression in time and space the action exacerbates the effect of the aryu by amplifying it by causing agitation and thought in its direction as well as its consequences, all working to reinforce preexisting aryu that gave rise to it thereby setting up the unconscious mind for more future expressions. If however the person is not on a spiritual path then it may be more immediately advantageous to allow the expression as long as other living beings will not be adversely affected so as to avoid the consequences of suppression without the benefits of spiritual work to resolve the issues. It is said: “you can grow in life or you can grow a tumor.” So if a person is not growing they can let off steam and people do this through sports, sex, self medication, projecting anger on others such as bigots and following demagogues, etc. These are only some of the dangers of unresolved human psychological issues all stemming from the pain, fear and loathing caused y ignorance of the knowledge of self that leads to self-hatred and hatred of the other and the desire to fill that hole with hurting others, enslaving others, raping others, domination and self-delusion that all that means one is righteous, worthy and not lonely in the darkness of the ego. All that of course is referring to the category of human being who falls into the range of what is considered “normal” by society. Those who are considered sociopaths and psychopaths are existing on a different level which when they become the leaders and models of society tend to cultivate the base aspects of the “normal” population thereby dragging down society into the mire of psycho-spiritual darkness, despair and self-destruction, which is where we are today in the modern world.

“When emotions are societies objective, tyranny will govern regardless of the ruling class.”
        -AEP

HTP

ANTHONYBAHLIBI
          Participant

Udja Sebai Maa, Response to post #5585

Thank you very much for this teaching on the relationship between fetter-afflictions and the role that Aryu and the expression of a positive or negative actions plays in our life. This time I really felt like I was understanding how Truthful this teaching of the Aryu is, it is a very clear reality. I also reflected on the path to heavenly experiences versus to enlightened experience, I have seen this for example with a person who lives a relatively clean-positive life but without aspiration they stay within the movement toward positive experience As a source of pleasure in themselves and don’t turn to the understanding of the transcendent. This has information has been of great help as I find myself sitting here contemplating it combined with my thoughts from reading de-Stressing 101.

Dua..Htp

Anthony

DamazALEXIS
      Participant

Dua Sba MAA and Sba DJA,

This question could not be answered in the CHAT. I would like to submit it on the post. It relates to the proper determination of righteous actions according to MAAT philosophy.

Quite a few times, before doing something, we are not quite sure about its righteousness and, we can only know after the fact, based on the impact. Particularly, in the time of conflict, this can affect our decision.

According to the teaching and MAAT philosophy, what is the proper guidance in relation to being able to judge in advance about the righteousness of our actions?

HTP

Seba Dja
        Keymaster

December 17, 2015 #5639
        DamazALEXIS

Re: This question could not be answered in the CHAT. I would like to submit it on the post. It relates to the proper determination of righteous actions according to MAAT philosophy. Quite a few times, before doing something, we are not quite sure about its righteousness and, we can only know after the fact, based on the impact. Particularly, in the time of conflict, this can affect our decision. According to the teaching and MAAT philosophy, what is the proper guidance in relation to being able to judge in advance about the righteousness of our actions? HTP

Ujda,

Apologies for not getting to your question in the chat…please do feel free to resend during the chat if overlooked again in the future.

I’m posting an answer I gave to another aspirant with a similar question for further insight, and then we can discuss more at the next chat… if the below does not completely answer your question.

Seba Dja response to another aspirant:

One can “trust” one’s Self (Higher Self). Relative to trusting one’s inner guidance…the issue is not the inner guidance of the Higher Self…but the egoistic static that can interfere with the message getting through clearly and correctly.

So, ny, this does mean sometimes the information that one receives may be tainted with egoism…and to the degree it is, can give incorrect guidance. But this is something that one’s ethical conscience can facilitate self correction, if one is sensitive and willing to correct one’s path/actions…if not along the way, then after the fact.

Also, being aware that the ego may taint the transmission from the HS…allows one to better screen the received transmission, to try to determine what the taint is and to remove it.

Also, if one receives certain insights, one should be open to reasonable ethical input/challenges from others…to a degree:

KMT Proverb: “Do not be proud and arrogant with your knowledge. Consult with the ignorant and wise. Truth may be found among maids at the grindstones.”

Relative to your comment: but one cannot call spiritual preceptors whenever there is a question, or whenever one receives “inner guidance or vision”.

Seba Dja:

Ny, this is correct. Even a baby cannot only rely on being able to have her/his parent hold him/her up all the time when learning to walk. The baby must start taking steps on its own, and yes, at times it may in fact fall down…but each fall gives it information to prevent future falls…and thus, strengthens its walking.

Even in ancient times there were warnings about relying on the oracle…and in some traditions, the practitioners cannot move forward in life without consulting the oracle. This can be sometimes helpful…but if a dependency develops such that one cannot act without consulting the oracle…then one can be come paralyzed and fearful about taking actions in life. Similarly, as you indicated, it is not practical or possible for every aspirant to contact their spiritual preceptor to clarify every inner-sight (insight)…so ny, it means at times acting based on your inner-sight (insight)…but with the scrutiny of Rekh and Maat Ari, to help weed out the egoistic taints.

So Ny, there may be incorrect actions taken at times…based on egoistically tainted inner-sight (insights), but these ultimately help the aspirant to recognize the egoistic taints so these taints (obstructions to knowledge of Higher Self) can be sublimated and purified…and as an aspirant progresses on the path, the egoistic taints will be reduced…and the insights that emerge will be more and more in alignment with the Higher Self.

This is the path of spiritual evolution and Shedy…acting with egoism (tainted inner-sight/insight)…learning lessons, purifying the mind, sublimating egoism…evolving/advancing spiritually.

Kemetic Proverb:

“Don’t rely exclusively on the oracle for guidance; sometimes it is necessary for us to live our lives for ourselves and not to lean too heavily on other minds who, after all, have their own thing to do…”

HTP,
        S. Dja

admin
          Keymaster

Udja – In addition to what Sba Dja said I would add the following:

Some additional points…One of the main problems/challenges of seeking as a spiritual aspirant and trying to be serious as an avid aspirant is finding an authentic teaching and teacher and avoiding the charlatans and distorted or incomplete religions and philosophies that seem to have everything going for them, lots of followers, leaders with intense gazes, earnest sounding voices, expensive digs, etc. but that are in reality delusions and corrupt or simply kindergarten versions of what a complete spiritual tradition should be, going beyond the usual outer trappings, the certainty of dogmas with their platitudes and shouts of hallelujah that may be emotionally appealing and apparently pious or upstanding but that are in reality masking the rousing delusion of religious insecurity, the seething lust and or greed of its con-artist leaders that produce crocodile tears on command for the unsuspecting audience to open their pocketbooks, or the mind-bending pathologies caused by mental illness and or mental complexes of its leaders and followers. As has been discussed previously, an aspirant cannot and should not be asking before making every single decision for this would short circuit the learning process that sometimes requires pain in order to drive the lesson home in a particularly necessary way. Having said that, it is also true that the questioning process is essential and the better the question the more useful the answer and the more inane the question the less useful the answer and or ability to implement it as a solution.

Aton with hand rays and AnkhNow, there is an additional point to be understood; that after a time spent in khnumnt nefer (good association) there arises a kind of sense in an aspirant to more or less know what the teacher would say in a given situation and then the student can start to self-correct more reliably and start to gain self-confidence. Even so, the aspirant may deduce an answer but also want confirmation and this is a very practical procedure to follow if needed and when available. However, coupled with this issue is the factor of will-power, the capacity not only to discover and decide on a course of action but also to be able to implement it. So the study of philosophy works on purifying the mind, ethical conscience on actions in daily life that create new positive aryu, and meditation to allow the positive aryu and cognition ability in the Ka to become the preferred and more acceptable pathway to think and act on. Coupled with all this is the devotional aspect to purify feelings related to the thoughts and actions to infuse them with dynamic feeling so that “yea I know what the right thing to do is but everybody is going to be mad at me so I dont know?” goes to: “Yes I know what the right thing is to do and what I need to do and for those who dont like it that is their problem; I want to be right with my teacher, fellow aspirants and most of all with God within me; so lets get it on baby!”

Next is the idea of developing a philosophical mind that learns the principles of the teaching so well that it can work out the answer to a given issue even if it has not been confronted before. When this state is reached it is a very advanced level of shedy (spiritual aspiration, spiritual practice). At this point there are less mundane questions and the questions from an aspirant relate to finer and finer points of the teaching that relate to specialized and advanced concepts, technique and experiences.

As the purification of mind and learning process goes on it is best to seek company with the wise (those who are wiser than oneself) and of course the wiser the better. Also it is important to seek and have association with positive and ethical people so as to avoid finding oneself in negative situations or moral dilemmas that cause undue stress; that is, at least until the purification process of the personality progresses and strength of character may be developed to face the worldly struggle with more composure. This process is to continue until there is self-mastery and enlightenment which is not a defined moment but a process that continues indefinitely.

HTP

hetep (peace)

ElizabethWhite
      Participant

Udja
      we had such an interesting discussion in the Chatroom last night,part of which included about Mother Theresa and her loss of faith. Jason had queried if she had a mystical experience. In light of what we are all studying now i thought I would look up what for her was her Mystical experience and share it with you along with the Times Article that was in the link shared by Sebai Maa.
      Dua HTP
      Elizabeth

Mother Teresa’s Mystical Experiences: Origin of Her Work

ROME, NOV. 29, 2002 (Zenit.org).- It would be hard to understand Mother Teresa of Calcutta’s work without being aware of the mystical experiences she had, which were the origin of her foundation of the Missionaries of Charity, and impelled her to don a sari and go out into the streets to care for the poorest of the poor.

The visions she had were revealed by the religious in a letter addressed to Archbishop Ferdinand Perier of Calcutta, through her spiritual director, Jesuit Father Celeste Van Exem.

The passages of her letter, dated Dec. 3, 1947, in which she reveals a disturbing interior struggle as well as the vision of what eventually would be her work, have now been published by Missionary of Charity Father Brian Kolodiejchuk, postulator of the cause of beatification, in an article that appears in ZENIT (Nov. 28 and today) and in the new Web page dedicated to the cause (www.motherteresacause.info).

At that time, Mother Teresa worked in Calcutta, India, as a religious of the Sisters of Loreto. During her prayer, Christ asked her to go out into the streets and proclaim him among the abandoned of India, especially girls.

“How could I?” she wrote. “I have been and am very happy as a Loreto nun. To leave that what I love and expose myself to new labors and suffering, which will be great, to the laughingstock of so many, especially religious, to cling and choose deliberately the hard things of an Indian life, to loneliness and ignominy, to uncertainty? And all because Jesus wants it, because something is calling me to leave all and gather the few to live His life, to do His work in India.”

In her prayers, particularly her Communions, Jesus constantly asked her: “‘Wilt thou refuse? When there was a question of Thy soul I did not think of Myself but gave Myself freely for thee on the Cross and now, what about thee? Wilt thou refuse? I want Indian nuns, victims of my love.'” Mother Teresa explained all this in a letter to her spiritual director and to the archbishop.

“My own Jesus, what you ask is beyond me,” the then Sister Mary Teresa responded. “I can hardly understand half of the things you want. I am unworthy. I am sinful. I am weak. Go, Jesus, and find a more worthy soul, a more generous one.”

“Are you afraid now to take one more step for Your Spouse, for Me, for souls?” Christ said, according to the nun. “Is your generosity grown cold? Am I a second to you? You did not die for souls. That is why you don’t care what happens to them. Your heart was never drowned in sorrow as was my Mother’s. We both gave our all for souls, and you? You are afraid that you will lose your vocation, you will become a secular, you will be wanting in perseverance.”

“No — your vocation is to love and suffer and save souls and by taking the step you will fulfil My Heart’s desire for you. You will dress in simple Indian clothes or rather like My Mother dressed, simple and poor. Your present habit is holy because it is My symbol. Your sari will become holy because it will be My symbol,” Christ insisted, according to the text.

“Jesus, my own Jesus, I am only Thine,” the nun answered. “I am so stupid. I do not know what to say, but do with me whatever you wish, as you wish, as long as you wish. I love you not for what you give, but for what You take. Jesus, why can’t I be a perfect Loreto nun, a real victim of Your love here? Why can’t I be like everybody else? Look at the hundreds of Loreto nuns who have served You perfectly, who are now with you. Why can’t I walk the same path and come to you?”

She added: “Don’t allow me to be deceived, I am so afraid. This fear makes me see how much I love myself. I am afraid of the suffering that will come by living life in the Indian way, dressing like them, eating with them, sleeping with them, living with them without ever being able to do anything that I will. To what degree my own convenience has taken possession of my soul.”

Christ calmed her by describing what the future would be like: “I want Indian nuns, Missionaries of Charity, who would be my fire of love amongst the poor, the sick, the dying, and the little children. The poor I want you to bring to me and the Sisters that would offer their lives as victims of My love will bring these souls to Me. You are, I know, the most incapable person, weak and sinful, but just because you are that, I want to use you for My glory. Will Thou refuse?”

“‘Little one, give me souls,” Jesus insisted, according to the nun. “Give me the souls of the poor little street children. How it hurts, if you only knew, to see these poor children soiled with sin. I long for the purity of their love. If you would only answer and bring me these souls. Draw them away from the hands of the evil one. If you only knew how many little ones fall into sin every day. There are plenty of nuns to look after the rich and well-to-do people, but for my very poor, there are absolutely none. For them I long, them I love. Wilt thou refuse?”

Some weeks went by. Then, on Jan. 6, 1948, Archbishop Perier called Mother Teresa and said: “You may go ahead.”
      http://time.com/4126238/mother-teresas-crisis-of-faith/

ANTHONYBAHLIBI
        Participant

Udja Elizabeth, response to #5641

Interesting read. I would be interested to know if this dynamic of her having visions or speaking with Jesus is the same as what Sebai Maa says regarding the deeper meaning of symbols and name-form worship (pictures, images, maybe visualizations) and mantra is only one part of the mystical process. From my limited understand the mystical experience would be her total absorption into Jesus and the weakening of fetters and personal worries. Based on one Kemetic Proverb it says something to the effect of A soul once on the path of turn and goodness will never fall back into darkness. Excuse me for not having the proverb to quote. So my question would be if she did have a mystical experience how did she end up in a place of doubt? Based on what Sebai Maa said yesterday I wonder if Mother Teresa ever got higher teachings that went beyond the duality of me and god as separate. Based on my experience I have experienced times where I am mindful of my oneness with Self and many other times, most, where its as an ego moving toward Self day by day – working through ignorance, fetters, afflictions. I feel compassion for Mother Teresa’s doubt and pain and I also wonder if this could happen not due to lack of guidence but by the fetters and afflictions just really being deep in our aryu that it keeps the separation and idea of doubt.

admin
        Keymaster

Udja Elizabeth,

This discussion goes into some areas that would be considered more detailed or advanced aspects of Comparative Religious Studies, which is beyond the scope of this course program. However, for the sake of understanding it is useful to discuss certain aspects of different traditions in an effort to draw comparisons and contrasts in order to have clearer delineations for better understanding of particular religious tenets from different perspectives. This post will not provide a final determination of this issue for that needs to come through the listening, study, reflection and meditation upon this teaching so as to work through many aryu or ideas and thoughts that have been previously assimilated about this issue. So there needs to be time to absorb and work through the issues.

Firstly, in this program we frequently discuss the concept of “authentic religion,” religion as containing: “myth, ritual and mysticism”. What does this term “mysticism” mean? There are several discussions in the forums and some are (#3341) or (#2811)
        or https://www.asarucollege.org/important-points/em-level-1-discussion-forum-archive-ending-33115/

The term mysticism has been used in modern society and followers of orthodox religion and in a way that colloquializes the term and circumscribes it within a mundane paradigm of understanding even as degraded as considering a powerful orgasm as a mystical experience! It has become so distorted in its meaning that conversations with dead saints or with Jesus or with Buddha or Ra for that matter, are considered as mystical when those “spiritual” events were not considered in that way previously. Mysticism is not definable with words but some are used to approximate its nature:

Mysticism is-the specific experience of infinite oneness, transcendental communion with all that is and is not (going beyond the idea of existence and non-existence), discovering oneness with God (beyond the name and form), transcending time and space which includes any and all dreams, conversations with gods or saints or angels and also transcending the idea of ego and experience with mind and human senses altogether.

So mysticism is beyond all that and if those experiences still exist then it is not a mystical experience. So it is said “If you see Buddha kill him”. In the Neterian context in the Myth of Aset and Ra this is not only a concept but an action to be taken literally (in the spiritual context) as Aset poisons Ra!

Limits of Faith

Mystical Journey from Jesus to Christ

So, indeed, the point being made on the chatmeeting and here now (in a more expanded way) is that this classroom is for advanced spiritual studies which means understanding the degradation of western religions and other lesser developed religious traditions that may have even derived some aspects from Ancient Egyptian religion, or not, but have developed in contrary ways based on ignorance even if it was with good will. However, despite the good will, that ignorance renders them incapable of leading a human being through a complete program of religious experience because they simply do not have the capacity to do so. This theme, among others, was discussed by an author named Muata Ashby in the book “Limits of Faith” which is a kind of followup to “Mystical Journey from Jesus to Christ” which demonstrated the idea that the original Christian ideal that originated in Ancient Egypt (Asarian Resurrection tradition) was to develop a human being from the Jesus level (human, flawed, mortal) to the Christ level (transcendental, immortal, cosmic consciousness, oneness with the Divine and beyond even the concept of oneness).

So, if there is some conversation “WITH” God or praying “TO” God, then there is still remaining ego -the vision of oneself as individual separate from the Divine and conversing with the Divine) which could not happen in a state of “mystical experience” by definition. Conversing with God (prayer, chants, singing, listening to the inner voice, seeing visions of gods and goddesses or saints, etc.) is a stage of lower religious practice that is necessary and positive but still lower; which can also become degraded in an environment of deficient preceptorship. Likewise, a person who has experienced true mysticism and is seated in it cannot, by definition, experience despair, depression, delusion, hatred, lust, jealousy, envy, etc. etc. Those who have successfully tread the mystic path have discovered that the source of delusion is ego and ignorance; in mysticism there is the discovery that there is no ego but only fulfillment in spirit which was lost due to egoism. For an authentic mystic, who are they going to be envious about? themselves? who are they going to be hateful about? themselves? who are they going to be lusting after about? themselves? what are they going to be depressed over about? themselves? Those who have dispelled egoism are one with all Creation and have discovered all fulfillment, immortality and the interconnectedness of life? Without ego there is no separation, no disconnection, no ignorance and no need for religion or conversations with God.

An aspirant should seek the light (truth, justice, ethical conscience, authentic teaching, etc.). This light leads to the highest attainment in life. In the Mystic (a person who has achieved the mystical experience and is seated in it) there is no “darkness of the soul” and they have also transcended “light” as well. Mysticism is the call to and practice of a discipline of life that leads to intuitional wisdom and not faith-based ideas that are not to be proven but only believed in which always leaves the personality bereft, wanting, and susceptible to delusion and finally, in a state of despair. This deluded path, of orthodox or incomplete religion, reinforces and intensifies the suffering of life. This delusion is like a person who can barely swim, constantly thrashing at the surface and creating delusions that this is life and the highest attainment, while never having the courage to dive deep and even attacking those who want to do so or who have dived deep and report back of a greater existence that is possible.

The service or self-sacrifice of any human being is a great benefit to humanity and to the individual doing it for it allows them to work off negative aryu and purify the soul which is a prerequisite for entering into the “mystical experience”. So this is not being debated or dismissed. However, for those who aspire to achieve true mysticism they need to understand what is mysticism and what is not so as not to be deluded into thinking that something lower is what they seek and in so doing pursue a path that leads downwards instead of upwards.

mother teresa

Many people acknowledged Mother Teresa’s years of service and look at the images of her earnest looking face and small frame and meek appearance and want to on that basis ascribe to her a saintly status and have her on a pedestal to look up to. That surface assessment is understandable’ though her own assessments of herself reveal a more truthful image and to her credit open herself and us to a more truthful perspective that is even more valuable if we are willing and able to accept it, understand and move beyond it so as to be free from hers and our own delusions and misconceptions about self-sacrifice, religion and mysticism. So Mother Teresa’s service was a glory to herself and to humanity and to God but that should not be mistaken as a manifestation of mysticism for many people do sacrifice in life for egoistic reasons like, being ignorant and not knowing or having will to follow a better way, feeling guilty or feeling lost in life and seeking ordination as a way to find community and solace, or escape responsibilities and challenges of life. So we should not mistake a life of service and sacrifice in despair and darkness of soul as an ideal the way the Christian church prefers to portray it since it supports the ideal of blind faith (faith-based religion) and the lifestyle of a society always praying and professing faith but sustaining the destructive capitalist culture that is as deluded, degraded and destructive as its patron religion. From the standpoint of Mystic religion that is a lower ideal and a degraded perspective to be avoided for those who are mature enough but reserved for those who need such lifestyles to experience the demands and fulfillment of unresolved aryu. The path of service is a path of life taken that denotes some positive aspects of the personality and a desire or aspiration for the higher self, yet there are other elements remaining that hold the personality back. If the system of religion is flawed or limited the lower outcome will be the likely outcome of such a spiritual path. If the aspirant is flawed or deluded, or degraded or born in a degraded family, country or world the path will tend downward to spiritual ignorance, delusion and frustration. For this reason, though all service to humanity is laudable and necessary, it is said in mystic circles, that the highest service is the service of mystic spiritual teaching; why? because worldly service helps in the present lifetime but may even be misused by corrupt leaders to mitigate for social injustices that should not be and will lead to perpetuation of present suffering and future sufferings after death since it does not dispel the ignorance that led to the suffering to begin with. However, the service of mystic teaching leads to purification of ego and increasing ethical conscience and will-power (spiritual strength) to support the righteous lifestyles that promotes the absolute freedom from present and future sufferings for those who attain its goal.

Therefore, it is incumbent upon all who seek to move forward to do so, as best they can, and when they are ready, to let go of lower pathways by discovering and holding on to higher ones. As the process of purification of mind progresses that assessment changes and improves until they are able to find higher qualities of teaching and spiritual paths to follow that lead them to the place they are qualified to attain.

“The impious Soul screams: I burn; I am ablaze; I know not what to cry or do; wretched me, I am devoured by all the ills that compass me about; alack, poor me, I neither see nor hear! This is the Soul’s chastisement of itself. For the Mind of the man imposes these on the Soul.”

-AEP

HTP

ANTHONYBAHLIBI
          Participant

Udja Sebai Maa !, #5664

Thank you very much for this expansion. It has been very insightful, instructive, and inspiring. It has helped me see the nuance between the true mystical path and an individuals personal spiritual progress taking place in a incomplete or non-mystical religion. More importantly, the overall discussion about mysticism has been very helpful, I can see how the lower aspects are needed to transition into the higher but I have also learned to be attentive to when these can be let go periodically for higher experience. In this regard in the last monthly chat we discussed meditation and going beyond mantra into a still-mind state when possible. This has for me been a profound experience in 10 years of meditation to experience that without clinging to the name-form of the practice. Feels right, and I believe these types of gradual understanding and better practice has more to do with my Aryu progress primarily and that allows me to slowly progress over time.

Dua! htp
          Anthony

admin
            Keymaster

HTP

hetep-symbol

Bastu Akhu
          Participant

Udja Sebai

Dua. Post # 5664 was very straightforward as to what the goal of enlightenment looks like through an authentic religion as well as what it takes to get there vs. faith based religions. Dua for both you and Seba Dja’s preceptorship.

HTP

ElizabethWhite
          Participant

Udja Sebai Maa
          I just wanted to say DUA very much for the expansion on this discussion about mysticism and authentic religion .. and also on the discussion below about the ‘New Age’ religions. You have given a lot to reflect on for proper perspective
          I respect and appreciate yours and Seba Dja’s knowledge and wisdom.
          Http

ElizabethWhite
      Participant

Udja DamazALEXIS
      thank you for your thoughtful sharing and insights
      Dua
      Elizabeth

admin
        Keymaster

Udja
        Please remember to press the “Reply” button before posting if you are replying to someone’s post so that it will appear below theirs and not as a new post

HP

ANTHONYBAHLIBI
      Participant

Udja,

I was thinking more on the topic of New Age spiritualism. At times its a difficult phenomena to understand because sometimes individuals or groups may be on a path to something thats whole and more guided, but in the mass of people it stays rooted in materialism and consumerism of the West. One person I have learned from is Tenzin Palmo an English women who followed the guidence of her teacher for over a decade in retreat and now she has created a monastic temple for female nuns with the goal to Retrain women to be Yogini, which in Tibet the female Yoginis were broken up and dissolved and lost for awhile. So this would be a case of someone who maybe could have got stuck in New Ageism if she did not get access to authentic teacher, but after getting proper instruction can make the real teaching more available to possible other groups (women, westerners, etc.)

The issues that she brings up in this video is in a sense a desire to correct the inadequacys in the spiritual institutions in the west that almost lend themselves to New Ageist interpretations or goals. For example as she mentions misunderstanding of going beyond worldiness, lack of available teacher student relationship, lack of support.

video

admin
        Keymaster

U

This is a very insightful video describing, among other things, the struggle of advanced spiritual practice and preceptorship in a world that is geared to worldly pleasures and experiences as being superior to authentic spiritual attainment. One of the reasons of course is the degraded notion of what life is supposed to be and or what religion is, myth and ritual instead of myth, ritual and mysticism. By the way, in terms of comparative religion what the Buddhists call “sanga” is our “khnumnt nefer” and what they call “darma” is our “Maat”.

muata-teaching-300
        However, the issue itself of societal lack of support is something that Shetaut Neter as well as other Neterian groups have also experienced. So in our times, especially in the western countries it is not supported partially because it does not support the western or worldly ideals of pleasure-seeking and destruction of the environment.
        This is part of the struggle of our times that all who have incarnated now must face. Therefore, as a Neterian “monk”, I feel solidarity with the female monks and the tears of the Dalai Lama, even as I know the causes and degradations that are the source of the issue and also even as I seek to serve those who can be served. Yet those feelings can be a boon to the personal practice and service along with the impetus for the ideal of coming together to help each other for the purpose of building a successful life that discovers the path of enlightenment “Nehast” even though the maze of worldly religious, social, political, and bodily confusions that we have created for ourselves constitutes formidable obstacles.
        Probably more than any others, two books were written with this ideal and for myself initially but to be shared with humanity also. These books were originally written with the idea of working through the labyrinth of religions exacerbated by the additional ingredient of westernized material desire, perhaps most visible in the rich preachers and crystal cathedrals of mega churches, etc. The books were Egyptian Yoga the Philosophy of Enlightenment and Christian Yoga {now called Mystical Journey From Jesus to Christ}.

Egyptian Yoga book

Mystical Journey from Jesus to Christ

It is my hope that these books and this Kemet University program be positive contributions and helps to working through the challenges of spiritual life and to achieving that higher goal.
        HTP

ANTHONYBAHLIBI
          Participant

Udja Sebai Maa #5666

Thank you for this response. I am glad the video was appropriate as I am cautious about posting outside links. With a lack of words I just say at this time that I aspire to coming more into the fold by following the guidance of this Kemetic University Program to bring myself more fully into Shetaut Neter intellectually and in lifestyle. I will not be at this Winter program but I hope to make every gathering after through planning ahead. I see the importance of Khnumnt Nefer and living in Maat as a group, to do this work.

Dua, Htp!
          Anthony

Bastu Baket
        Keymaster

Reply to Anthony’s post #5644

DUA Anthony for the video contained in this post. While watching it, the dedication of the monk was evident but also her frustration with how the West has distorted the teachings. I was very moved by her humility and honesty and the tears of the Dalai Lama. Perhaps he too felt her pain and hopefully will address her needs. In our Neterian community of Shetaut Neter I am so very grateful to Sebai Maa and Seba Dja, our Unutu (priests/priestesses), our Asaru, and Shemsu and Rechyt for the Khunumnt Nefer we receive via our Conferences, the Kemet University, Shedy meetings, email, texts etc. This may not be ideal but at least we have this in our modern times to guide us along our spiritual path. They try to be as accessible as possible and are very generous with their feedback. Dua again Anthony for your insightful posts. Peace and blessings to you.

Hetep,
        Shems Baket

Sandra McMurray
        Participant

Dua Sebai Maa, Dua Seba Dja, Dua fellow aspirants,
        The discussions regarding mysticism and New Ageism hit very close to home. I remained quiet during the chat meeting for two reasons 1) I wanted to hear what the teachings said regarding these subjects; 2) I wanted to reason out the answer and see if I had the correct understanding. After being involved in New Ageism for 25 years I realized New Ageism was not complete early on, however, did not find a religion that was not faith based until finding Neterianism. Raised as a Jehovah’s Witness and being told I was demonized because I had “psychic abilities” and I questioned what I was being taught as a child, I learned to keep quiet. I always believed that “psycbuc abilities” were normal and everyone had them. So at 19 I began my journey. Along the way I realized I must reason out my answers for myself and learned through life experience, a difficult journey, however, it was preparing me for this study. This discussion has put to rest my fear that my understanding was incorrect after studying the teachings. This seems to be my ari dynamic, learn through experience and then I receive the answer through study to validate what I had learned. I cannot express my appreciation enough for all the gifts I have received by being part of this group! Dua!!!! Htp

ElizabethWhite
      Participant

Udja Anthony, Reply to post 5643
      Dua for those reflections..a lot to consider in what you wrote..I was thinking also about integral practices….the physical balance..and I don’t know why my thoughts went to maybe even the diet..committing to live with the poor in their environment..the zeal and maybe the simple aspect of not the balance of proper nutrition may also have worn her down and so the need for all these aspects to be in balance.
      Dua and Htp

ElizabethWhite
      Participant

Udja again Anthony

the ‘Anatomy of Enlightenment’..if there is such a thing..maybe we could have that discussion with Sebai Maa and Seba Dja on Wednesday.. re the integral practices..she was doing devotion..selfless service…spiritual journal. reflection .no psychospiritual yoga..what else
      HTP

ElizabethWhite
      Participant

Udja Anthony- reply to #5644
      Re New Ageism..I was thinking about your comment” at times it is a difficult phenomena to understand because sometimes individuals or groups may be on a path to something thats whole and guided…

In Jamaica, Unity school of Christianity- New Age teachings of Charles Filmore was my introduction to metaphysics.. about age 22 and shortly after i started going there they had a speaker from the USA and as I was introduced to him I looked into his eyes and the clear thought came into my head ‘This man has cosmic consciousness’ and that is what i want’ At the time I did not even know what the term cosmic consciousness was..and the first thought strangely enough that came to my mind when I started seeing the focus of Shetaut Neter and feeling drawn to apply was “Is this the end of my life now. was that a deep resolve I had made back then… is it facing me now..so is my life near completion” .
      That speaker, Rev Goodison (Goodi) Orr, Rev Jackie Neal a young African American minister from Unity in USA.. Dr. Hank Rucker and several others were individuals in New Age movement that inspired me deeply. Interestingly they went beyond those teachings near the end though and some left
      Dua

admin
        Keymaster

Udja

“Beware of falsehoods from misunderstood teachings.”

-AEP

An interesting and important theme for discussion. When we consider history we may see an undercurrent of alternative religion whereby some people deviate from orthodox or formal established religions. Additionally, in more recent times we have seen the development of what is referred to as “New Age” spirituality and usually yoga groups, and other alternative forms of spirituality, even admittedly negative ones such as satanism, or benign ones such as Wicca or Neterianism, that have been lumped in to that category (New Age). Considering the New Age related Christian groups such as Course in Miracles, Wayne Dyer, or Unity Church and other supposedly ecumenical efforts which try to promote a kind of interfaith model, etc. founded in western religion but infused with eastern concepts; most have similar formats in that they include some but not all elements of Mystical religions and yoga, while placing that in a contexts of (as the video by Anthony demonstrated) in a context of western materialism and or what is acceptable to western audiences. Perhaps this is done to appeal to the masses of western culture or out of cooptation (using someone else’s teaching and making it your own by altering it in accord with your purposes and desires) or out of sheer ignorance at not understanding what full religion or mysticism are supposed to be. In this way the New Age message can become convoluted and intellectually extensive (and confusing) as in Kabbalah or rivaling the dogmatism of the orthodox religions that they themselves profess to criticize by imposing their own brand of dogma. So one of the most important flaws is this cooperation whereby the New Age religion is constructed usually out of a salad-bar selection of tenets of the detested or envied traditions to cobble together a supposedly coherent teaching/message; though since this is usually done without benefit of preceptorship or guidance from the source of those takings, the arrangements are created with the taint of the ego of the person or persons doing the construction and the result is a “New Age” spiritual system that supports the ideas and ideals of the creators that turns out to be still a system that supports the egoism and fundamental values of the supposedly repudiated spiritual systems and secular society. Frequently, those who have the chutzpah, Self-confidence, Self-assurance or maybe we should better refer to it as: Gall, Nerve, Impudence, Effrontery, to mess with and attempt to reinvent an already created wheel (authentic religion), such persons are themselves flawed, narcissistic or suffering mental illnesses that can be taken as intensity, conviction, enlightenment, etc. Their apparent certitude and apparent intensity impresses all but the true knowers of what the path of religion is supposed to be intensity with understanding, relentlessness with forgiveness, teaching with humility and exhorting but not demanding followers to follow or serve or do anything against their conscience or free will. What can we say of New Age “gurus such as Wayne Dyer or Maryann Williamson? Positive human beings and helpful to an extent and no further. What can we say of televangelists such as Jimmy Swagart, Jim Bakker, Jim Jones? Can we call them helpful or injurious? What about cult leaders such as Charles Manson, and Jim Jones or satanists and nihilists? We could consider these in terms of sociopathy and psychopathy.

There is another kind of problem, the context within the larger dominant and diseased culture that seeks to define what is other than itself. An example of modern reinterpretation and distortion of Ancient Egyptian religion is the fascination with Ancient Egyptian religion as a form of “Egyptian Magic” and not religion or true mysticism and sometimes coupling it with the “Occult” (especially with negative connotation) “arts”. This is sometimes especially promoted as an ideal form of paganism. The idea of paganism and what is pagan is western in origin so placing our religion in a pagan form or title is accepting the western paradigm and definition of what we do; Therefore, the designation and definition are to be rejected and the tradition is to define itself by its own standards.

egyptian paganism

From the perspective of the mystic, the pathways of those who lead partial religion are helpful to an extent but from an objective time and space perspective are enablers and perpetuators of the degraded status quo. From another perspective, of course, New Age spirituality generally (some paths may be more authentic than others) is a futile effort as concerns the goal of enlightenment (in near-term) though in a larger context it is part of the spiritual journey of those who have rejected orthodoxy to some degree, who need something more but are not ready to go all the way to an already established full myth-ritual-mystic system. One important problem is that the move to new age spirituality does not help the overall society transform to a higher level of spiritual consciousness generally but rather helps modulate the existence of the orthodoxy and one could say, corrupt, spiritual system, government and economy that has allowed humanity to degrade to the point of near-term extinction. Nevertheless, from the standpoint of soul and immortality, there is time to grow in other dimensions and planes of existence or quadrants of this galaxy, for those who choose or who are compelled to take the road of prolonged and protracted sufferings and circular as well as horizontal spiritual movements and are not capable of pursuing vertical and spiral upward spiritual movements.

HTP

admin
          Keymaster

Udja

Here are some additional comments on the subjects covered today, of authentic religion, New Age spirituality, televangelists and other flawed leaders that lead people astray, how to discern and seek positive teachings and teacher to follow, the concept of erudition by being able to teach directly from scripture and live a life based on ethical conscience, the incapacity of the masses to change the system of politics and economics due to fear or greed as well as inability to live by truth and uphold maat, the dilemma of human beings who left Africa and became Asiatics, the limitations of the Temple of Shetaut Neter, the dilemma and struggles of the Buddhist monks and of all followers of non-establishment religions, including derivative forms trying to follow Ancient Egyptian religions though some mix in elements from other traditions, . The video is the wisdom section of the December Shedy Meeting.

HTP

video

ANTHONYBAHLIBI
            Participant

Udja Sebai Maa #5691

Thank you very much for taking the time to give such a thorough discussion of this topic. This information has helped in more ways then just understanding the topic at hand but has touched on things that help my understanding of the world and spiritual practice in it.

Dua! Htp
            Anthony

ANTHONYBAHLIBI
            Participant

Udja Sebai Maa 5691

After a thourough review of the discussion and video I would just add that the importance of working to be a good aspirant and be doubley strong as you mentioned stuck out, and as a Shetaut Neter follower I aspire to the development of the practice and tradition. The discussion on recognizing the ethical nature of a teacher was enlightening.

Dua Htp

Anthony

Seba Dja
      Keymaster

Udja Anthony,

Ny, I too appreciated this post of the video. It was interesting to see the monk herself expressing what we have observed, and have also experienced relative to our unsuccessful efforts to establish a physical self-sustaining center in the west in this historic period. Dua for sharing, and also your responses to S. Maa’s posts on this topic and about Mother Teresa expresses the key elements he wanted the students of this course to understand and gain insights into.

HTP,
      S. Dja

ANTHONYBAHLIBI
        Participant

Udja Seba Dja #5673

Dua, thank you for the response and confirmation on my understanding of this topic and as well the issues brought up in the video. Glad it was enjoyable.

Htp
        Anthony

DamazALEXIS
      Participant

UDJA Sebai DJA,

Some feedbacks/questions on shedy program

In chanting the hekau during the first meditation, i find sometimes, my mind tends to preoccupy itself with the chanting and other times, thinking about other things. I have the feeling by prolonging the chanting, i will arrive at a state where i will only be thoughtful about the hekau and nothing else. Although i used to meditate before, but, i never had to practice a mantra while doing so: it appears to me like a dual activity involving concentrating on the hekau and controlling the mind. I think i am doing better along the way but would like to hear your insight related to the proper mental attitude to ensure i am on the right path.

Regarding the ARI shedy, i have a strong pre-disposition with connecting with ASET in a sense that culturally, the goddess has a strong importance in Haiti. However, at times, it is difficult for me to properly feel that connection. I am not sure if it is something that will come with times. But, what i wanted to ask is should we only mentally think or can we do some verbal evocations as well. I know saying NUK ASET is a way to establish mentally that connection but, could we as well use some additional evocations as reinforcement such as saying for example: goddess ASET, i invite to be with me in this moment…Or, could we use a statue as a visualization aid or special color, etc…

On a final note, overall, after doing the ritual, i usually feel a peace of mind and a strong determination to go about the affairs of the day. More importantly, thinking about the person we need to serve the spirit within or do something for, provides us with a sense of elevation for that person. It is like you are seeing him/her in a new way, a better way to be more precis with a certain positive detachment about our own initial judgments. At the end, i consider the Shedy program as a way of life going forward more than a ritual to do on a daily basis. I think as you mentioned in another post, this will gradually lead to a new vision of life more aligned with MAAT principles.

DUA for this program and looking forward to your answer.

HTP

admin
        Keymaster

Aset Black Head On

“They who hear are beloved of GOD. Hearing creates good will. Hearing the voice of FATHER-MOTHER GOD requires silence of the body and of the mind.”
        -AEP

Udja
        I am replying since we will be closing the forum and Sba Dja has not had time to reply. She may do so later and I can reopen the forum temporarily for that purpose.
        About your inquiry: “Although i used to meditate before, but, i never had to practice a mantra while doing so: it appears to me like a dual activity involving concentrating on the hekau and controlling the mind.”
        The hekau (mantra) is for the purpose of transforming the vibratory level of the personality, especially the physical body and mind, so as to make it more harmonious with the natural order (maat). Additionally it is for helping the mind focus on the series of sounds. Next it infuses a set of wisdom teachings that it encapsulates, like a formula, and this works in the unconsciu0s level. If you find that you are at a concentrated level then you may not need the hekau at that point. You will find that a serious shedy practice will augment your previous practices.

About your statement: “Regarding the ARI shedy, i have a strong pre-disposition with connecting with ASET in a sense that culturally, the goddess has a strong importance in Haiti. However, at times, it is difficult for me to properly feel that connection. I am not sure if it is something that will come with times. But, what i wanted to ask is should we only mentally think or can we do some verbal evocations as well.”

When practicing divine worship especially at the level of Ta or earth plane and Pet or Astral plane, it is flexible in that you can select the form, colors and sounds (invocations) related to a chosen tutelary divinity; so you can pick the most appealing, the most comforting, the most endearing visualizations, images and qualities that have been presented by the teaching. At the higher levels of practice, when understanding of the philosophical nature of the divine grows, then one graduates, as if from elementary and high school to college and grad school etc., on the practice of devotion and connection through sentiments that give way to pure feeling and absolute identification with the Divine.

Indeed, the shedy is a way of life and also the key ingredient that makes the whole thing go is the wisdom, if it is properly understood and practiced. Then in time the positive development is assured.

HTP

Viewing 48 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Level 1 General Topic Discussions’ is closed to new replies.