Reply To: Teachings of Temple of Aset Lesson 4 Discussion Forum

Reply to Shems Yashi posting #9463 – Lesson 4

Udja Shems Yashi,
Your posting #9463 reveals deep thought and insight into the scripture for Lesson #4. I find your method of analyzing the scripture, verse by verse, very effective and thorough. Indeed, there were so many key points brought forth in this posting it was difficult to be select, therefore, I will highlight those that jumped out at me in particular.

You make a keen assertion in the statement: “This divinity exists outside of the time and space plane (and within); metaphysically, the idea of astral plane is being described. This where one experiences mind, the mind experiencing time.”

The astral plane which you reference is in ancient Kemetic language called the Ka, one of the nine parts of the personality, and you are absolutely correct in identifying it with the mind experience. The various other parts of the personality were also referenced throughout your posting, demonstrating your astute awareness of their nature. You refer to the astral plane as an “idea” in the above quote. Out of curiosity could you elaborate on that thought? The 2018 Neterian Conference featured the 9 parts of the personality and you seem to have a genuine appreciation for their significance. In any case, you have demonstrated in your above statement a clear understanding of the essence of the divinity in relation to the scriptures which is critical to the teachings of Ra and Aset.

I also liked your statement:

“Understanding, followed by action to abate the psychosis is the goal of the scripture. Also, to experience and enliven abiding, transcendental truth.”

To cut to the chase you have summed up the ultimate goal of TTOASET course with that statement. The key words are “action” and “experience.” We all know at this level of study that dry intellect is no substitute for Cosmic intellect combined with actions, backed by intuitional wisdom—which is Aset—with a foundation in Maat. Therefore, through the Myth (Matnu) we can, metaphorically, live the experience and gain insight (Maut). This leads to your final statement:

“Verse 9: The entire cause of the teaching—Aset is tired of being sick and tired of human living—dispassion and disappointment, disillusioned, sick of it from a healthy perspective (seeing killing and insanity of living). Aset came to these conclusions at the epitome of ancient Kemet. Focus on changing karmic basis must be serious, strong, relentless, Khak ab.”

I would agree that “changing karmic basis” should be serious, and strong, involving relentlessness (antet begag), and Khak ab (repudiating heart), but you left out one very important key ingredient in the formula—that being An chen (not stopping). Aset did not stop or even alight in her pursuit of the divine name of Ra. The challenge to any initiate is to never stop the pursuit of the divine name. To be honest, there have been times in my spiritual practice when I felt like giving up because it seemed as though I had hit a wall in my spiritual development. This is why I have a deep appreciation for the myth of Ra and Aset. I’m sure you understand that this is not a course of rote lessons for the sake of passing the class, as in a typical learning environment, but a pathway to become the embodiment of Goddess Aset (whether female or male) by building your own personal taffy shepsy with the formula of Khak ab, Antet begag and An chen. This formula, combined with a one pointed focus, is that simple and, yet, that complicated. I enjoyed reading your post. You obviously put deep reflection into your posting.

Dua for sharing with us.

Htp,
Bastu Heryt