Reply To: Integral Clergy of Ancient Egypt Studies course-Assignment-handling the heart and its related behaviors

KEMET UNIVERSITY HOME Forums Integral Clergy of Kemet Studies Program Integral Clergy of Ancient Egypt Studies course-Assignment-handling the heart and its related behaviors Reply To: Integral Clergy of Ancient Egypt Studies course-Assignment-handling the heart and its related behaviors

Participant

Part 3 _Review of Videos
The three precepts that I selected were:
29 I have not stimulated, agitated, whipped up, roused or stirred up my ego such that it creates strife or turmoil in life.
33 – I have not harmed anyone by causing offence or through deceit, causing calamities, damage, injury, destruction or mischief.
37 – I have not spoken with arrogance, conceit, and puffed-up self-importance, air of superiority or with condescending attitude.
Precepts & the Gottman videos:
I watched the video and thought they were helpful for people without mental illness. I don’t think these techniques can help the psychopaths, neurotics and psychotics that plaques our society. The basis of the precepts and the “Four Horsemen” techniques are based on agreement to honor them. The antidotes were very much in lined with the precepts of not creating more confusion by using the “Four Horsemen” techniques to resolve conflicts. These antidotes specifically addresses issues such as not attacking, accepting responsibility and not having a condescending attitude in your relationships which was specifically stated by precepts 29 & 37.
Udja & HTP Summary
We are taught that the word Udja translates to vitality. The online dictionary defines vitality as (1)- someone with exuberant, physical strength or mental vigor; (2) the capacity for survival for the continuation of a meaningful or purposeful existence; (3) the power to live or grow. So the greeting if properly understood is a powerful greeting (Hekau).

The greetings of Udja signifies two very important points: 1) the person being greeted to is part of a community that has some level of exposure to the Kemetic philosophy as taught by Dr. Ashby which means that a certain level of consciousness is budding within the personality. The person should know even from a superficial perspective that we are not talking about the ordinary “hi” or “hello” which has become a perfunctory type of greetings. 2) the person who is sending the greeting is consciously or unconsciously sending positive power to the person that is being greeted. Since a positive force is being transmitted then there is a certain amount of reciprocity that is sent back to the sender. A psychic connection is established between the two individuals allowing “Anpu” to open the door for the possibility of positive flow of information even if not immediately received at that time.

When the conversation ends in “HTP”, the energy of peace is given to both sender and receiver. Regardless of what is said between the lines which may sometimes be harsh ( truth can be harsh to the unconscious enlightened personality) it should be said with Maat (peace and love) as the foundation. The sender and receiver have already established a psychic connection in the greeting that should allow both to know that nothing but peace, a state of mutual harmony and love (universal) is wished.
HTP (Peace & Blessings), Uab Amuntyt