Reply To: Integral Clergy of Ancient Egypt Studies course-Assignment-handling the heart and its related behaviors

KEMET UNIVERSITY HOME Forums Integral Clergy of Kemet Studies Program Integral Clergy of Ancient Egypt Studies course-Assignment-handling the heart and its related behaviors Reply To: Integral Clergy of Ancient Egypt Studies course-Assignment-handling the heart and its related behaviors

Asar Maat E
Participant

******NOTE: This is being posted on behalf of Sehu Khepera Ankh due to technical difficulties********

Sehu Khepera
ASSIGNMENT: HANDLING THE HEART

Precept 1 (#12) with contextual translation
An tjerm a
I have not instigated a reason for there to be crying or laments

Why: I chose this selection because I think it best described my response to Asr Anpu and on some level may have caused him to experience lamentation symbolic crying.

How: When someone is grounded in this precept, when talking or discussing issues with another person he would choose his tone and words so as to be soothing and exemplary of compassion and empathy for the plight or predicament of the other. The same would go for internal communications within the mind and feelings, in relation to one’s own failures and shortcomings, so that the internal discussion is reflective of the truth of the way things are, in reality, and not based in ego or self-delusion and mis understanding. In so doing, such tact would reflect and predominate when having discussions with others.

Precept 2 (#25) with contextual translation
An tua a
I have not allowed myself to be consumed with the fire of irritation, anger, fury, rage

Why: I chose this selection because it goes to the issue of web (email) communications and if one is directly seated in said precept then the words can come out in an improper manner.

How: In my interaction with Asr Anpu, I did not detect any irritation within myself, but perhaps it was there under the perceptible surface. I did detect annoyance over the issue which influenced my perception of the situation as one that we should not be having. In as such, there was a defensiveness which I termed righteous defensiveness born from his initial email to SMAA and communication we have had in past. However, this internal and psychological posture is causative for improper or un-empathetic communications. Thus, before communicating with others it is good to be sure that one is communicating through the prism of compassion and empathy and not through negative emotional and cognitive states. The same goes for ourselves.

Precept 3 (#33) with contextual translation
An auyty a
I have not harmed anyone causing offence, or through deceit, causing calamities, damage, injury, destruction or mischief

Why: I chose this precept because I have been guilty of causing offence in the past. It is something I think I have tried to work on, but at times it can still materialize, such as my latest communications with Asr Anpu.

How: I think this principle goes to the pinnacle of nonviolence. So if we are seated in this principle we would not be abled to cause offence because our minds would be cleared of any pollutions that would cause offence to others. So, it goes towards a full cleansing of the mind and feelings. So, the primary antidote is humility and tenderness of heart, in which one would be able to communicate with gentleness and fluidity with a spontaneous arising of understanding of others, and of ourselves.