Reply To: Integral Studies Program on the Clergy of Ancient Kamit-Special Subjects Discussion Forum for General Posting by Clergy All Students

KEMET UNIVERSITY HOME Forums Integral Clergy of Kemet Studies Program Integral Studies Program on the Clergy of Ancient Kamit-Special Subjects Discussion Forum for General Posting by Clergy All Students Reply To: Integral Studies Program on the Clergy of Ancient Kamit-Special Subjects Discussion Forum for General Posting by Clergy All Students

Amuntyt
Participant

Reflection on the 2018 Neterian Conference Rituals:

2018 Initiation Ritual
The initiation ritual flowed very nicely and for the most part very organized. After all we’ve been performing initiation rituals for quite some time. I was given the responsibility to reach out to the aspirant to provide information concerning the initiation requirements. The day of the initiation I did sit down with Shems Edward to discuss his paper on the Neterian Creed and to hear him recite the Neterian Truths. It was quite obvious to me during our conversation and reading his paper that Shems Edward had a very good understanding of the philosophy. Prior to initiation he sat quietly in Uab Setna’s room by himself for reflection. He presented himself as being very humble and grateful for the opportunity to initiate. He appeared to be well prepared.
With the exception of the end where the initiate is presented with a scroll of the 4 truths and a gift – I think the ceremony flowed very well. At the end before the initiate crosses over, we should have provided Sebai Maa and Seba Dja with the scroll and a gift to present at the end. It was very good having both Sebai Maa and Seba Dja there at the initiation.
On another note – I would like to see stronger requirements for initiation such as attending and completing an online class and/or attendance to a previous conference, a regular member of either Temple of Aset, Pert Hru, Temple of Net or the Temple of Amun. This would show more commitment to the teachings on their part which should help make them more prepared for initiation. Not to mention the time and effort to setup and prepare for initiation.

Temple of Aset Ritual (Tyt)
I enjoyed the ritual. Everything flowed very well. The Unuts were well prepared for their ritual which started on time. I don’t recall a formal purification but that may have happened by and for the Unuts prior to the ritual. The procession inside the Temple was very moving. The drumming and chanting gave the feeling that something important was about to happened. The candles at the entrance gave an unexpected feeling of grandeur.
The tutelary was clearly Aset accentuated by the special scripture and chant. When I gazed upon the Tet of Aset unfortunately my focus was on the technology of the symbol instead of the meaning behind it. It was all so new. Now, I remember my gaze upon the Tet differently. When I think of my gaze upon the Tet now, I am reminded of the words of Aset, “I have come to be a protector unto thee”. It was very Nefer!

Hmu Ritual (Spiritual Victory)
To me the imagery (caring the Ba on the bark) for this ritual was very strong. The nighttime procession, the observance of Sopdu and the libations by the well all were a wonderful start to something very “spiritual”.
For me the ritual served the purpose of reinforcing the power of the philosophy. When the procession of the Ba entered the temple hall – it felt as there was a sense of “victory”. The act of placing the Ba on the Mummy was more subdued and perhaps not as visible to the larger audience, it was none the less gave the imagery that something celebrated was happening. The reverence that everyone showed when coming forth showed to me that (knowingly or unknowingly) they too were participating in the spiritual victory performed by this ritual. There was a “feeling” present that would hopefully one day give enough fire to germinate and/or to maintain the seed of the Neterian faith that would one day lead to attaining transcendental consciousness/enlightenment.
From an implementation perspective, there were things that did not flow as instructed. During the individual prostration we were to chant the given chant by Sebai Maa, “Maa – Keru kher neteru Maa – Kheru” .Although Om Maati Maakheru worked well it was not the instructed chant. When the correct chant was used during meditation enough time was not given to allow the participants to learn the chant.
What did go well was how we continued to keep the ritual flowing. I think we were all at different levels in our understanding the technical flow of the ritual. We started late in the preparation of the ritual room. I did like how everybody worked together to get the room prepared. We respected each other’s ideas and we worked to make things happen as a team.
HTP (Peace & Blessings), Amuntyt