Reply To: Kemet 101-Lesson 3 Discussion Forum

Reecie
Participant

Udja,

The video covered several important themes:

1. According to Manetho, Kemetic culture began around 36,000 BCE. Herem-Akhet (the Sphinx) provides genealogical evidence of high culture in Kemet as far back as 10,000 BCE.
2. Ausarian Religion is the world’s most popular, most proliferated religion and is the foundation for Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.
3. Humanity descended from equatorial Africa (i.e. Great Lakes Region) around 150,000 BCE and migrated to all parts of Africa. Around 100,000 BCE, Africans migrated to Northeast Africa (i.e. Kemet) then on to other parts of the world, including Asia Minor, China, and Europe.
4. Judaism, Christianity, and Islam value men more than women.
5. Kemet was the “Flower of African Culture” because it improved traditions that had been developed by other African cultures (with no help from outsiders (i.e. aliens).
6. Kemetic culture was eroded from within by Kemetans forgetting or ignoring their ancestors’ spiritual traditions and it was eroded from without by Greek pleasure-seeking and Roman debauchery.
7. Nubian pyramids served as tombs; Kemetic pyramids served as mausoleums and temples.
8. The Dogon (Mali) and Yoruba (Nigeria) are descendants of Kemet.
9. There are three ways of knowing: 1. being taught, 2. having faith, and 3. experience.
10. There have been about 80 ice ages in the last 3 million years, with the last one ending around 10,000 BCE. It didn’t affect Africa much but it affected cultures farther north (e.g., Asian, European, North American).

The most important theme covered was this: There were four types of development:

1. Concurrent (India, Kush): Ancient cultures that developed alongside Kemet (though not as old as Kemet). They were influenced by Kemetic culture and had contact with Kemet.
2. Dependent (Greece): Their culture developed during Kemet’s Late Period (beginning around 800 BCE), it was influenced by Kemet, and it had contact with Kemet.
3. Independent (Dogon, Yoruba): Cultures that developed thousands of years after Kemet, so they had no contact with Kemet, but were nevertheless influenced by Kemet.
4. Stagnant (Great Lakes Region): Cultures that failed to develop high technology because their geographic location brought natural abundance, so they saw no need for high technology.

Hetep