Reply To: Teachings of Temple of Aset Lesson 3 Discussion Forum

admin
Keymaster

Udja

There are some interesting and important points brought out by the thread composed of post #8999, then post #9008, then post #9042, then post #9119
=======
Firstly the point: by Shems Arit #8999:
“The process of reading the glyphs alone is enough to expand one’s ability to comprehend the teachings, however, to only read the glyphs, without attempting to gain understanding of the teachings would be a disservice and is not encourage.”
=======
Then reply by Shems Bestu Baket (graduate Initiate of the Temple of Aset Teaching) Post #9042
“I would say reading the glyphs is not enough to expand one’s ability to comprehend the teachings as there are many scholars who can read the glyphs but gain only a rudimentary understanding. The philosophy contained within the hieroglyphs remains (Shetaut) hidden. Without the philosophy they may see iconography and read the glyphs of a scene with a flock of birds being netted and think it is only a hunting scene as a sacrificial offering to the Gods.”
=======
Then the response from Shems Arit (#9119):
“Dua Shems Baket. not wanting to go “tit for tat”, I do appreciluv your comments. I stand by my statement however, because reading the glyphs alone can expand one’s ability to understand the teachings, even this that have yet to find Sebai Maa or Seba Dja. It may not be enough for an Initiate of the Shetaut Neter Temple of Aset, but for the rekhit, it will certainly expand their level of awareness BASED ON THEIR OWN ARIYU AND CURRENT LEVEL OF COMPREHENSION. I witnessed this during my recent trip with a totally uninitiated wonderful light being.”

=======
REVISITING THE FEEDBACK by SMAA #9008 to S. Arit #8999:
On the whole this is a very good statement, keeping in mind that the brain is merely the instrument of consolidation of sense perceptions followed by lower cognition in relation to the perceived ego relationship. The process of reading anything without the benefit of not just understanding but also wisdom and ethical conscience, can be the downfall even of the Kemetic Language readings. Considering how supposedly erudite personalities like Barack Obama can read and teach the constitution and then proceed to commit drone bombing atrocities, torture people, imprison whistleblowers, and issue hit list kill orders on a weekly basis is a case in point of someone who understands the legal issues but without ethical conscience or higher human caring for humanity.
HTP
=======
Among avid initiates the important question of and search for saa (understanding) and truth (maat) is not a “tit for tat” practice. Rather, it should be a solemn and sacred practice with consideration, respect and devotion to truth wherever it leads. This issue of dispute / struggle between personal conscience, based on ego feeling, and the higher aspiration that seeks higher experience, in an environment of ignorance and hubristic personal freedom and the lack of initiatic culture and discipline, leads many aspirants to self-administration and following leaders who are self-taught without benefit of initiation, just as the ignorant and deluded patient practices self-medication. Just as the self-medicated person leads themselves to ill health results, so too the self-taught initiate also leads themselves to the perdition of misunderstanding, and at best spiritual stagnation and at worst spiritual devolution. As with the example of Obama, so too is the example is a newborn that cannot even wipe the behind or feed itself. So too are humans groping in the darkness of the wilderness of senses, emotions and delusions which includes the delusion of being able to understand or grow in the teaching without humility, guidance, respect for the guidance through self-reflection and devotion to the teaching and to achieving greater understanding.

HTP

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by admin.