KEMET UNIVERSITY HOME › Forums › KEMET 101-Introduction to Egyptian Yoga and Neterian Spirituality 12 week course. › Kemet 101-Lesson 3 Discussion Forum › Reply To: Kemet 101-Lesson 3 Discussion Forum
The video covered many important themes:
1. African culture and Western culture were nothing alike.
2. Culture is expressed in six ways: art, history, language, nationality, philosophy, religion.
3. Ethics and spiritual consciousness SHOULD be the foundation of all societies.
4. Harems first appeared in Kemet during the New Kingdom (from pacts with foreign governments).
5. Karmic basis directs your spiritual journey.
6. Kemetic scripture says Kemet’s ancestral homeland is in Nubia.
7. Kemet’s socio-political structure changed between the Middle and New Kingdoms.
8. Polyandry and polygamy were not allowed in Kemet but WERE allowed in some African cultures.
9. Similar descriptions of an object by different cultures indicates contact between those cultures.
10. Spirit is the source of life and everyone is united with that Source.
11. Temples directed the culture of Kemetic civilization.
12. The influx of foreigners changed Kemet’s ethnicity and its culture.
13. The Kemetic Empire was established to prevent additional attacks from Asiatics.
14. There are forms of reality: absolute and relative (e.g., imagery, naming).
15. There were five kingdom periods: Pre-Dynastic, Old, Middle, New, Late.
The most important theme is this: We all seek the Absolute Reality behind creation.
Everything–ideas, objects, people, states of being–comes from one Source. As a spiritual being having a physical (i.e. human) experience, my soul’s goal is to experience Absolute Reality, which is known by its unnamed name. An Egyptian proverb (p. 17 in Dr. Ashby’s Egyptian Yoga: The Philosophy of Enlightenment) says this:
“That which is the Fundamental Truth, the Substantial Reality, is beyond true naming, but the Wise men call it The All.”
The All is in everyone and everything and is the essential nature of everyone and everything. When we experience The All, we realize Truth and become enlightened. The Kemetic people developed the ability to experience Absolute Reality from the practice of yoga, but unfortunately, most of the world has not developed this ability because the conquering Romans didn’t understand the practice, so they labeled it “pagan” and banished its practice. The Romans did, however, use Kemetic ethics (Ma’at), history, and mythology to form the basis of their Christian Bible.
- This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Reecie.