Reply To: Teachings of Temple of Aset Lesson 3 Discussion Forum

Keymaster

Reply to Shems Arit’s Post #8999 Lesson 3

In section 3b. How it works in principle you state, “The process of reading the glyphs alone is enough to expand one’s ability to comprehend the teachings, however, to only read the glyphs, without attempting to gain understanding of the teachings would be a disservice and is not encourage.”

I would say reading the glyphs is not enough to expand one’s ability to comprehend the teachings as there are many scholars who can read the glyphs but gain only a rudimentary understanding. The philosophy contained within the hieroglyphs remains (Shetaut) hidden. Without the philosophy they may see iconography and read the glyphs of a scene with a flock of birds being netted and think it is only a hunting scene as a sacrificial offering to the Gods. Sebai Maa delves further and shares the philosophy and the insights of what the scene is truly conveying through the iconography and translation of the hieroglyphs.

Dua for your analogy of “the Medtu Neter as a container of water that is filled with the teachings. As the vessel is filled with water, the Teachings are in the words being written. When you read them, it is like drinking the purified water, which in turn, purifies your body and your consciousness.” This resonated with me as I have felt this way when using Sebai Maa’s book “Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphs for Beginners” it brings a fullness of adding water to abate the thirst for deeper understanding. I studied it intently prior to our 2017 KMT Pilgrimage as I wanted to understand what Sebai Maa was interpreting and imparting better than I did in 2015 KMT Trip. There is one point I’d like to call attention to and it may just be a typo but in this course we are to be precise and that was the spelling you used of “Medu Neter” rather than what Sebai uses, “Medtu Neter.”

Dua m HTP
Shems Baket