Reply To: Teachings of Temple of Aset Lesson 10 Discussion Forum

Participant

Temple of Aset
Video Discussion Forum Assignment
Part 2. QUESTION FOR REFLECTION: What teaching(s) did you learn in this lesson do you need to reflect on more or start to apply or work more diligently on implementing on your personality, mentally, emotionally, metaphysically, or otherwise to emulate Lady Aset on her path?

Udja,
Throughout the teachings of Aset and Ra, the important features of Lady Aset permeates the entire scripture, that of khak ab, antet begag and an chen. So in order for me to have intuitional wisdom these remain extremely important to me emulating Lady Aset. I have also realized how important reflecting on the teachings are even if I have heard it a thousand times by replaying lesson 10 over and over for the past 7 months (listening, reflecting and meditating on the teachings). Though I have yet to master meditating on the teachings, I gather the process of listening and reflecting leads to this state, which is why I have chosen the important characteristic that Lady Aset displayed to reflect on, an chen.

What does an chen really means in a practical sense? An chen means not stopping on the path but most importantly it means to not give the delusions of the world a break because in order to enjoy the world and its temporary manifestations of Ra (objects, illusions) you have to be caught up in its delusion(hence giving the ego a break). So, if you take a break you will be appeasing the ego and its egoistic feelings and desires based on ignorance, hence reinforcing negative ariyu. To stop and do this is part time spirituality and if I want to be successful I have to be cognizant of the world and its degradations and not accept any moment of being pulled back into it which at times can be very subtle. In essence, doing this is putting wisdom aside and to me wisdom and ignorance cannot occupy the same space. So, to emulate lady Aset I will not put her aside but spend time with the Goddess as she leads me to discover my true nature/name, the very essence of all and to do this as Sebai says I have to “stab the ego in the heart” and the heart of the ego is the delusions (egoistic feelings, desires etc.).

To understand this even at an intellectual level, I am extremely grateful, and words cannot describe the feeling I get from this truth as it has caused an increase of will to develop within me to not accept certain delusions and it doesn’t feel like I’m missing out but to the contrary not being caught up is liberating and has allowed me to relinquish (much quicker than in the past) what’s not real and focus on what is. This reassure me that to continue with an chen and other attributes of the goddess means its only a matter of time before I reach the purpose of life, nehast. Which I gather means the process of integral shedy is as equally important as the purpose nehast, as shedy is the switch that allows the light of nehast to dawn.

Dua Sebai Maa, Dua Seba Dja, Dua Goddess Aset
Htp
Shems Akhu

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by AvatarBastu Akhu.