Reply To: Teachings of Temple of Aset Lesson 1 Discussion Forum #2

QUOTE FROM POSTING # 8675

The written word in this posting is poetic and insightful, demonstrationg that you have an understanding of the Teachings of Ra and Aset and how they should be applied. At the very last stanza, however, there seems to be a sense of conflicting sentiment that contradicts all of the previous statements and takes on a more personal tone. The quote to which I am refering was addressed, at length, by Sebai Maa in his reply #8704. Therefore, I need not go to great lengths but would offer a discussion of the following quote from a different angle:

“Chantress, serving the Divine through music, voice, song and cosmic sounds is not what I do, it is who I am, whether successful publicly or not.”

My questions to the above statement is, what is the measurement of success in an illusory world? Does a delusional “public” determine who and what is successful? We must be careful and ever vigilant not to be fooled by Ra’s creation and the nedjem nedjemyu that it can offer in terms of perceived successes, money, fame, etc. This only serves to create desires that, in turn, form residue that translates in the form of ariyu lifetime after lifetime. Once again, in the example of Lady Aset, she was not invested in her worldly identity—Queen of Kemet—but the only identity that truly mattered.

Htp,

Shems Heryt