Reply To: Kemet 101-Lesson 2 Discussion Forum

Udja,

A. Most Important Themes
• People thought civilization came everywhere except for Kemit and Africa.
• The major downfall in African Civilization was the breakdown in the order of society. The forgetfulness of ethics, morality, righteous, and living by the truth. This happened over of 1000 years. The greed and pleasure seeking. When people get to a point where they evaluate the economy and political things but their morality fails.
• Oldest wisdom teaching Book of the Dead (Pyramid text)
• The breakdown occurred during these times
o Old Kingdom was 5,000 to 10,000 BC (Pre-dynastic Period)
o Middle Kingdom 3,000 BC
o New Kingdom 1900 BC
o Late Period 1000
• Christianity was adopted by the Roman Empire. When the Christian religions came into Egypt. The temples were closed. This was the beginning of the dark ages. Orthodox religion was imposed on humanity.
• They were directed to close all Pagan Roman Empires around 350 ACE and Egypt was a part of Roman Empire. So the temples were closed
• Evil is a factor of life that serves the good. If you did not have challenges in life. If your life was good and wonderful, and if you received everything you would not think what my purpose in life is.
• The Electoral College was put into place by our founding fathers to stop us from having control over this county.
• You have to have ethics in your culture as well as on your job.
• If you say you want to make the world better, do not give into the world.
• Most African Americans are portrayed in a negative manner in the media.
• Kemetic Temple taught Agriculture, Education, Spirituality/Religion (Shetaut Neter)
• Shetaut Neter is the only African term that means religion.
• Their Educational System- human beings were trained in different disciplines of society. It started at age 5(Writing, Math, and basic accounting) Age 10 (Apprentice) Age 20 (Graduate and have a trade).
• Three Human Needs for a stable society Ma’ at 42 Ethical Principles
o 1. Food for the hungry (Sustenance)
o 2. Shelter to the homeless (Home)
o 3. Boat to the Boatless (opportunity)
• Agriculture was fertile because of the overflowing of the Nile Seal.
• School of Americas- They trained people who were sympathic to the American way of life. They trained them how to oppose, control, and suppress democracy of their people.
• Resources are taken. Western Countries are dictating prices and people were working at slave wages resulting in a disruption of the three human needs for a stable society.
• Ego- We as human beings do not want to face reality. We are just going on with life.
• The Africans were advanced at social political order and social political ethics.
• Social Political Order (Common Folk)
o Skill Workers
o Government Workers
o Priest/Priestess
o Matriarchy
• The temples were their schools
• Sa (Man) Sat(Woman) have an equal state
• Fundamental principle in Kemetican Culture there is a balance between men and women.
• You must know a lot more about life than your chosen endeavor if you want to be a real human being. What are you building your life on? What’s your purpose?

B. Most important and why
• Christianity was adopted by the Roman Empire. When the Christian religions came into Egypt. The temples were closed. This was the beginning of the dark ages. Orthodox religion was imposed on humanity. I think this is important because it starts to explain why so many people in today’s society are following the Christian belief system. Even after realizing that this system started as another belief system.
• Three Human Needs for a stable society Maat 42 Ethical Principles
o 1. Food for the hungry (Sustenance)
o 2. Shelter to the homeless (Home)
o 3. Boat to the Boatless (opportunity)
This is extremely important even in our society today. It starts when children are young. Studies have shown that children who are well nourished do better at test taking. In some schools within our School District, when it’s testing time, the cafeteria workers are asked to bring snacks into the classroom, and the schools provide free meals.
• You must know a lot more about life than your chosen endeavor if you want to be a real human being. What are you building your life on? What’s your purpose? This theme is important to me because you must be a well-rounded individual. You need to learn about others, their cultures, beliefs, and principles. This will allow you to respect their thought processes and at the least allow you to experience something different. In addition, I want to know my purpose.

C. Questions

• Is the Kemetic Religion used in other African countries? I only ask this because it seems like it is mostly associated with Egypt.
• When did the Kemetic Religion start being associated with black people only? When I first left Christianity, I started studying Kemet on my own but obviously I did not get far. I ordered a book online called The Book of the Dead and everyone was saying that I ordered the European version and I needed to order yours. So, I did. Well when I first opened your book, it clearly states about discriminating against race and creed. However, most of the people I come in contact with who study Kemet display a strong sense of black power and that’s putting it mildly. Is Kemet misrepresented in black culture?

Dua!