KEMET UNIVERSITY HOME › Forums › Egyptian Mysteries Level 1 › Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2 › Reply To: Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2
Level I, Lesson 22, Book Assignment, Progress Test #11-15
11. What is controversial to the orthodox Egyptologists is the implication that the Ancient Egyptians marked time by the Great Year, and this would mean that Ancient Egyptian civilization goes back 12 milleniums, well beyond any civilization in history.
12. The Orion constellation refers to that which is changing, incarnating (rising in the east) and becoming.
13. True: While visiting Egypt, Dr. Muata Ashby was told by a Muslim person that Islam is real religion, Christianity and Judaism are religions too, albeit wrong, and that African spirituality and the Eastern religions (Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, e.t.c.) are no more than speculation that is feeble, backwards attempts at religion but not true religion.
14. Shet-Ta means “the land covered by the Nile flood.”
15. The lesson is that there is never anything that is permanent, never anything that is wholly as you expect…things always change.
Most remarkable question:
I find question 15 to be the most remarkable. Any time I find myself beset with anger, frustration, impatience, fear, or anxiety, I find it useful to remind myself that the entire universe consists of energy in motion. To fixate on obtaining certain objects or relationships, or to anguish over an outcome I desire is to lose sight of the fact that everything on Earth is fleeting, and really an illusion.