Reply To: Teachings of Temple of Aset Lesson 9 Discussion Forum

Bastu Baket
Keymaster

TTOA Lesson 9 Video/Webinar Assignment

1. List the important points covered in this lecture.

Sebai Maa commenced this lesson with some further insights of the Taffy Shepsy and the “sculpting” of it. He likened it to what an artist had said while creating a sculpture, that the art form was already there within the stone but needed only to be found through gentleness, patience and relentless pursuit of it. So too we must create our Taffy Shepsy by chipping away at our ego-stone allowing the beautiful creation to unfold with a gentle, patient yet relentless artist’s touch.

Another aspect in reference to the Taffy Shepsy was the “kneading” of it. Sebai Maa spoke about this process and the “an nemu nemu – not moving” the reverting back to the original state of the Nun, no waves, no motion on all three realms of existence, the physical, astral and causal planes. You want to stay motionless in the mind as well as the body and allow the process to occur. In thinking of this I likened it to making bread and how you have to knead it but then must let it rest, not touching it or moving it allowing it to rise.

Lesson 9 covers verses 71-96. Ra is at first explaining that he was casually walking through his creation when he was bitten by something but not sure what but then says, “by means of a serpent”, a very important aspect referencing the Taffy Shepsy. Then he begins to deliriously explain his symptoms, it’s not like fire, nor water but something in between in Verse 74, here Sebai Maa explained this as a “kind of Hetep movement, away from duality, away from polarization of opposites, oneness itself able to pierce a “double Ra.” Ra continues on trying to explain what he is feeling and this Sebai Maa explained was Creation starting to fall apart so this is where we want him and we should continue moving forward.

In Verse 79 Aset speaks her conditioned Hekau (words of power) with “Djed n-a ren a k” meaning “Tell me your name!” But we know this is not just the name one calls Ra but his true identity name, his source. She wants to know it for herself, meaning experience it.

In Verse 80 She firmly pleads with her father to reveal his Divine name, as she knows “There is life to one who affirms their personality’s name.”

Ra continues to extol his “Creator” assets in the following verses and reveals some important aspects through these cracks of creation. He speaks about being the knitter of mountains, maker of the waters of creation.

I found Verse 84 very interesting also as he states, “Mehyt-ur ka-n-mut f Kheperu” meaning, “ the Great Flood, that mighty fullness that fills Creation itself. I am the one who acts as the one who engenders Creation by impregnating his own body, just as the bull impregnates many cows.” Right here he explicitly states, “I am the one who acts as the one who engenders Creation. So as Sebai Maa elucidated, Ra (Creation) is coming forth from one essence, one being.
Continuing to extol his virtuous aspects in the following verses as the maker of the pleasures of life, giver of souls to bodies, shining light, commander of the Nile, maker of time, opener of festivals and rituals, the fire of life, creator in the morning, sustainer in the afternoon and completer in the evening. But with all these, the poison still did not retreat, he was not relieved of his pain.

2. Reflection on this Lesson 9:

We have two very important aspects brought out. One being that Aset’s creation of her personality as the Taffy Shepsy has pierced the illusion of Creation (Ra’s ego personality) and she stands firm with her Hekau of “Djed n-a ren a k” “Tell me your Divine name!” Also how Ra in his Creator personality is trying to dissuade her by extolling his aspects but also that he has let on that he is acting. Acting on who’s behalf, that is the question we need to answer for ourselves. Finding the source, the Divine name for ourselves through our own Taffy Shepsy building, our not moving, dissolving creation and our persistence in not being dissuaded by the worldly expressions of Ra.

Hetep,
Shems Baket