Reply To: Teachings of Temple of Aset Lesson 8 Discussion Forum

READING ASSIGNMENT – TTOA LESSON 8

Which hieroglyphic term covered in this lesson was most captivating to you personally and why?

In this lesson the hieroglyphic term, in verse 61, “saard” (translated as “well intended) peaked my interest. In the context of the scripture it was in reference to the Neteru (Gods and Goddesses) who Ra summoned on His behalf in His hour of desperation.

“saard senu pen senu her.” Translation: “May they be well intentioned divinities with good will towards me and may they arrive to their commander, their lord in heaven.”

However well intentioned the Neteru, they were unable to actually do anything for Ra beyond shedding their tears. Only Aset, who was “provisioned with power” could truly heal Ra because it was She who inflicted the poison. It seems this scripture speaks directly to the initiate who is “saard” (well intentioned) in their spiritual growth, yet lack the provisions to achieve the ultimate goal.

Could not Ra, in His pain and suffering, mirror one’s own soul that has been shattered and suffers from the poison inflicted by one’s ego? All of the “saard” (well intentions) will not restore one’s soul without the discipline demonstrated by Aset, which allows Her the power to give life back to the soul. I liken it to a tight-rope walker. One does not become a skilled and accomplished tightrope walker by being well intentioned.

First, they begin by practicing on a rope one foot above the ground, for it is certain that they will fall in the early stages of their practice. They use a pole that helps them find their balance, in the same way that Maat acts to help spiritual balance. As they gain greater strength through practice, the rope is raised higher and higher. If the balancing pole leans too far to the left, the tight-rope walker will fall to the left, if too far to the right they will fall to the right. Eventually they can raise the rope high off the ground with a safety net in place on the chance that they may fall.

But the true master works without a safety net because they have found their true center of balance and strength. They are unconcerned about what is happening around them because they have the one-pointed focus of getting to the other side. Once the master tight-rope walker has reached their perfect center, with a one-pointed focus, they are established and can, indeed, walk a tight rope between the Twin Towers without fear.

My point in making the analogy of the tightrope walker is to put a visual image to the abstract, esoteric idea of being “provisioned with power.” Through wisdom and devotion, in the same manner presented by Aset and the tafy shepsy, one can reach the source of Creation. While it does begin with “saard,” one should not remain there if one is to restore their soul.

Htp,

Shems Heryt