Reply To: Kemet 101-Lesson 3 Discussion Forum

TimothyWooden
Participant

A-Take notes on the most important themes you heard:

Some of the the themes that were important in this lesson was how the Kemetian civilization was organization through out the times of the  Old Kingdom and the New kingdom. One of the interesting things I heard in the lecture was how the kings could more then one title or responsibility. It was also interesting to me to find that how open the Kemetian culture was to expanding their influence. Not for power and greed like the Romans or greeks. But for the improvement of civilization across the world. A lot of our history was destroyed during the crusades Christians used the temples for chuches. Kemet empire extended to asia, southern europe, and the middle East A lot of their philosophical ideas and religion practices were mirrored by the indians,greeks,romans, and Asians.

B-Note which one you thought was most important and why?

What I found the most important out of this lecture was how big the empire was. It makes me think about the Kemetian influence on the world as a whole when it came to spiritual practice, economic infrastructure, and the management of their empire and civilization. One thing that I found important in the lecture as well was how we as african Americans we don’t isolate our culture from others or we tend to go with crowd. We don’t stick together like the Italians or the Asians. If you look at our communities we don’t own any bussiniess.

C-Note any questions you may have:

Other religions have a heaven or hell does the kemetic religion believe the same thing?

As an empire what did the Kemetian culture influence in the world?