Reply To: Kemet 101-Lesson 2 Discussion Forum

TimothyWooden
Participant

A-Take notes on the most important themes you heard:

Some themes that I heard during the lecture was of the different kingdoms through out the Kemetic rule which were the Old Kingdom (10000 BC) Middle Kingdom (3000 BC) New Kingdom (1900) and the Late period (1000). I also I have learned 4 aspects of Kemetian culture which are agriculture, education, society, and religion. These all play a major part in Kemetian civilzation and culture. I normal civilations you would see this controlled by the politicians but during the pre dynastic times these aspects we ran by the temple. Another theme that I have seen in the lecture was about the 3 human needs. Which come from the teachings of Maat. Food being the first because it is the foundation of the human needs. Food sustains the body and with out it you could not achieve the other 2 needs. Next would be shelter everyone needs a home or a place to rest there hear and protect them from the elements. Lastly would be a bout because with a bout a person can give a chance or opportunity grow and accomplish goals. Men and women where seen as equals during this age of time. You don’t see that in a lot culture in the the current American culture. Kemet civilation believed in equality or balanced.

B-Note which one you thought was most important and why?

I thought the most important would be the 3 human needs. Because the with out these needs you can even began to build on civilations. If you can not provide the basics for your people how can you expect them to follow you when it comes to religion or working to build an infrastructure in civilization. If you look at the african American culture now we out of every other culture in America are on TV. It is not in a good way we are played on movies as drug dealer, rappers, and pimps. If you go to Korea or Germany when people see us they automatically assume we are a rapper or pro player. This falls under the third need we as a people are looking for a boat which is that opportunity to sucessed to provide for needs 1 and 2. I also think the aspects of the Kemetian culture was very important as well. Because education was an important pillar in the civilization. At the age of 5 years old children could read, write, and do basic accounting. By the age of 10 years old they were already in rolled into an apprenticeship. So when they hit the age of 20 they were qualified for a job. In America and even other cultures or civilations there is not education model like this. At the age of 18 years old most of use in America can nearly read or write. The most important thing I got out of this lecture was that they were able to build their community with in a system of productivity and all that came from the management of the temples.

C-Note any questions you may have:

I am reading your book egyptian yoga some of the questions I have are:

In the book it’s says we must be able to come to an understand on subduing our passions, angure, and desires in order to make it to heruhood. How do you control those passions on a day to day basis?

How does the kemetic religion help teach consciousness within a marriage?

Does the kemetic religion believe in be abstant?