Reply To: Teachings of Temple of Aset Lesson 4 Discussion Forum

QUESTION FOR REFLECTION

What teaching(s) did you learn in this lesson do you need to reflect on more or start to apply or work more diligently on implementing on your personality, mentally, emotionally, metaphysically, or otherwise to emulate human Lady Aset on her path?

Upon reflection of Lady Aset in her human state of being, we are only introduced to Her in this lesson. In verse 7 it is written:

“Look, here comes Isis in the form of a physical woman who is also expert on the subject of writing about worldly subjects. With all that understanding about worldly affairs, her heart was disappointed, even sick (disgusted) in heart about the millions of manifestations called…”

I certainly share the same “khak ab” (disappointment, sick in heart, disgust) with worldly affairs as Aset, which is what led me on the spiritual journey that I am currently pursuing. However, with all of the world’s disappointments—racism, sexism, politics, disease, environmental global destruction, etc.–I have the most difficulty with disappointment in myself.

While I have little control over worldly acts of ignorance in others, I have complete control over my own actions and in this way I can take a lesson from Aset who seems to know exactly what She desires and how to get it—namely Ra’s true name. The key word I am getting at is “control” on all levels.

Mentally I need to be less mental—getting beyond the mind and trusting in Divine Intuition—cultivating wisdom vs. dry intellect. This is how to distinguish the real from the unreal. Aset’s intuitional wisdom allowed her to know, even though she was human, that the world was an illusion and there was something higher. It is my great goal to emulate Aset and see through all of the world’s illusions so that I may know the true name of Ra in this very lifetime.

In order to do this one must have control over the emotions, for they are a major distraction if out of control. In this area I have made significant progress due to the study and practice of the teachings. It has been a slow, steady process and I still have work to do, but I am encouraged that I am moving in the right direction.

Metaphysically, I take time daily to honor the Divine in some way, usually through meditation. I am working on actually getting my daily three devotions and following the cycle of Kheperi, Ra, Tem. Also, gaining control during meditation over the egoistic mind chatter, as well as overcoming fears of “letting go” when taken to great heights in my meditative state, for Lady Aset is free of fear. All of these aspects human Lady Aset mastered which gave Her the power and control to build Her “taffy shepsy.” I believe this is what is necessary for me to emulate lady Aset who became Goddess Aset.

Htp,
Shems Heryt