Reply To: Level 1 Audio Discussion Forum #2

KEMET UNIVERSITY HOME Forums Egyptian Mysteries Level 1 Level 1 Audio Discussion Forum #2 Reply To: Level 1 Audio Discussion Forum #2

RonaldCrawford
Participant

Level 1 Lesson 1- Audio assignment
GS12- An Evening with Sebai Maa And Seba Dja, Why in Shetaut Neter Important- Show_3576833

What are the main teachings brought out in the audio lecture recording? Explain in your own words.

Our goal is to become gods and goddesses. This can be accomplished by detaching from the material world and building our self around proven knowledge and disciplines that purify the will power and emotional stability. Salvation doesn’t come by just praying to and believing in a particular entity as believed in modern religions. Salvation comes for the human being when we break the chains that are paced by allowing our low nature to dominate.

If the spiritual system is dedicated to giving those that adhere to it all that’s needed to accomplish its goal, it must have three components. It must have the creation Story (The Myth), the remembrance and adoration of the divinities thru ceremonies and in you daily actions (The Ritual) and living a lifestyle based on the spiritual ideas that are not easily understood (The Mystic). Without all three the religion is incomplete.

In our creation myth there are five Neteru, Asar, Aset, Set, Amenemhet and Heru that emerged as apart of creation. These Neteru are different aspects of creation as well as aspects of the nature of humans. Shedy is the path that helps us discover these Neteru within ourselves. Shedy involves the studying, practicing, meditating and devotion to the teachings of Shetaut Neter. Through these teachings our emotions, will power, intellect, feelings and actions become purified. Once all these aspects of the personality are purified, then the student has reached an enlightened state, called nehast.

The Shady disciplines were develop and proven to work by the sages throughout time. This is what makes it scientific knowledge. Using this knowledge we can conquer hate, greed, selfishness, lust, frustration etc, all the behaviors of the lower self (Set). The nurturing of the behaviors of the lower self creates the foundation for degeneration of humans in our society and ultimately the destruction of the society itself. It seems that all our society knows is Set (the lower self), the killer of Asar (the higher self).

Are you currently implementing the teachings given in the book and the lecture? If so, which ones?

At this point I am studying the teachings everyday. It’s taking me some time with the internalizing and practicing of all the Shedy disciplines, because of the state of my personality and attachments at this time. I do not let a day go pass without reflecting on some aspect of the teachings.