Reply To: Level 2 Video Assignment Discussions Forum

KEMET UNIVERSITY HOME Forums Egyptian Mysteries Level 2 Level 2 Video Assignment Discussions Forum Reply To: Level 2 Video Assignment Discussions Forum

Participant

Video Introduction to Egyptian yoga Part one (Alex “ Djehuti – Mes” Moore) 16:53 minutes

1A-What are the main teachings brought out in the audio lecture recording? Explain in your own words.
The main teachings discussed in this disclose are rooted in the methodology or teaching that took ancient Egypt to great heights. Seba Dja used the Egyptian proverb to introduce the purpose of integral yoga, Egyptian yoga or Smai Taui all which can be used interchangeably to describe the scientific knowledge practice and bodily discipline used to develop GOD LIKE individuals that lead to building GOD LIKE culture is a culture with a sublime goal.
Additionally, she explained the aspects of the Egyptian Mysteries Initiatic education by briefly reviewing each aspect of the Shedy disciplines (Yoga of Wisdom, Devotion, Action, mediation and Tantrism). The lecture made it very clear that if students that want to be successful on this path must devote themselves to it whole heartedly because the goal is not to become a great yogi or yogini but to become enlighten.
Another important aspect focused on how the African culture inundated themselves in the devotion of GOD in all aspects of life and developed images that were constant reminders of the existent of GOD and what each human should be inspired to accomplish in their life time. She explained that the images of the GODS and GODESSES were developed to bring meaning to the nature of the ONE universal GOD. Furthermore, the students should see the images as aspects of their own ego personality and become like them thus purifying themselves (ego) and becoming ONE with the creator. The leaders of the culture put systems in place that allowed students when they were ready to have a system and /or path to follow in order to practice the scientific knowledge and bodily discipline used to transcend ego consciousness.

“Men and women are to become GOD LIKE (Divine) through a life of virtue and the cultivation of spirit through scientific knowledge practice and bodily discipline”

Moreover, this concept was supported by a definition developed by the Yoga association.
Unity in yoga means obtain that sublime and highest goal of life which is spiritual enlightenment to experience that state of consciousness awareness of oneness with the divine and all creation which transcends individuality born of ego consciousness.
Like the river uniting with the ocean discovering the greater essential nature of life that state which bestows abiding blessedness, peace, bliss contentment, fulfillment, freedom from all limitation and supreme empowerment.

Several more important main teaching comes to mind after listening to the lecture several additional times and that is if a student wanted to practice intense wisdom the student had to study the nature (virtues) of the GOD and GODESSES and develop those virtues in one’s self in order to reduce and /or eliminate vices in an effort to obtain enlightenment. By studying the nature of the GODS and GODESSES the practitioners can better practice devotional aspects of the teaching. The subtle and the gross aspects of your personality have to be purified in an integral fashion in order to achieve enlightenment. If the formal practice is followed in the correct fashion one come become enlightened in this very life time.

“The source of evil (egoism) is in your body. Evil entices the body through temptation of its weakest virtue. There can be no divinity in the unclean temple where abomination rules.” Ancient Egyptian proverb

Video Introduction to Egyptian yoga Part one ( Djehuti – Mes)

Question 2
2-As an intermediate level spiritual aspirant you are maturing to exercise your free will in a wise manner based on your growing knowledge about the teaching and the advice of your teacher. How should a spiritual aspirant feel about the teachings presented in this lecture, meaning: Should the aspirant: acquiesce and/or concur and/or settle and/or approve and/or diverge and/or wrangle and/or harmonize with the teachings or contemplate and wait to see what the future holds or some of the above, all of the above or none of the above? {you may wish to journal your answer before posting so as to help you reflect on the answers}
The student should harmonize with the teachings, which means observing the movement of the Neteru in the myths and imitating their actions thereby becoming one with them, while continuing to study and practice the Shedy disciplines in all areas. The four areas of Shedy discipline are Action, Emotion, Intellect and Will. The practitioner should practice these disciplines until purification (enlightenment) is achieved. I have learned that if this practice is pursued as an iterative process (repeating a process with the aim of approaching a desired goal, target or result) the practitioner may achieve effective results in a short period of time. If the student is still distracted (dull or agitated) and is not lucid enough to recognize the fullness (desirable quality) of a particular area of Shedy practice then they should reflect on that part of the Shedy discipline while still practicing the others. Once realized the aspirant can intensify the Shedy discipline related to the part of the personality lacking virtue in that given area while seeking assistance from the spiritual preceptor. For example, there are four main disciplines used to enlighten the personality; to enlighten the intellect yoga of wisdom is used; to enlighten the emotions – yoga devotional love is used; to enlighten the body yoga of Action is used and to enlighten the unconscious mind yoga of formal mediation is used; therefore, if an aspirant finds that they are reacting to the actions of the world in a manner that bring about worry and anxiety they should increase their practice of yoga of devotion. Moreover if an aspirant finds themselves engaging in sense pleasure activities he or she should increase practice of righteous action and selfless service and so forth and so on with issues regarding will and intellect.
Video Introduction to Egyptian yoga Part one Alex Djehuti- Mes Moore
Question 3

3-Are you currently implementing the teaching given in the book and the lecture? If so which one(s)?
I am currently practicing the wisdom meditation (informal) and continuing my advanced meditation (formal) practice during every devotional worship session. The wisdom meditation appears to resonate with my personality. The formal meditation (Will Path) has always been my most successful path along with selfless service (Action Path). I have neglected some aspects of yoga of righteousness action in particularly the area of diet.

I have conceded to adopting a pure raw food vegan diet (Kemetic Diet). I have been a vegetation for over twenty years but I did not move beyond the transitions food like (soy products) (as instructed by my friend and spiritual advisor Dr. Mauta Ashby) into foods that were actually natural alkaline and non mucus producing foods. Moreover, I had an addiction for Krispy crème donut, cheese, eggs and potato chips. The Krispy crème struggle is real. Additionally, my daughter has become a good cook and makes a macaroni and cheese that will make a vegan change their mind about eliminating dairy from their diet even if it is for one day. Furthermore, I ignored the warning signs from my naturopathic and allopath doctors for over 10 years. I don’t think that GOD is going to allow me to continue to ignore given by these wise people for much longer without suffering dire consequences for my ignorance’s ( lack of making use of wisdom) and weaknesses ( weakest virtue).

I have been successful at the meditation (Will Path) for years. In 2005, I was initiated into the advance meditations (formal) practice. I was not consistent with the practice because I was going though major life changes. For example I moved from one state to another. I had to take on two jobs to maintain enough money to pay my bills monthly and I was clueless in regards to the wisdom meditation until the 2013 winter conference; therefore, I was easily rattled by the world’s distractions. I was worried and full of anxiety. However, when I got home from the winter 2013 conference, it appears that out of nowhere I had an understanding of how to remedy this issue. I discussed these ideas with Sebai Maa and got clarity on my plan of action. I started with identifying the Neteru throughout my day in every aspect of my daily activities. Next I located out of storage an old copy of the Wisdom of Isis and read the entire book again. To my surprise, I noticed that there was a full chapter on the wisdom meditation in the book. Additionally, there was also a section on self realization. I felt rejuvenated!

Truthfully prior to the 2013 conference, I got discouraged because I thought that I had maxed out on progress or even worse I thought that I was not worthy of such a divine path. The lesson that I learned from this experience is that as the personality is purified the student gains a deeper insight to the teachings. I had that Wisdom of Isis book for over 10 years and read it at least twice and never noticed the instruction for wisdom meditation. My belief is that I did not notice it because I was not reflective of the path of devotion or the integral yoga process during the periods of dullness and agitation of my mind. The major lesson of this experience is don’t give up but continued to practice the Shedy disciplines in an iterative fashion that is you should repeat the process with the aim of approaching a desired goal, target or result i.e. enlightenment.

At this point, I have a clear understanding of how to practice the wisdom meditation. I have ignored the practice for years. However, I started to practice it intensely in 2013 after the winter conference and have continued the practice up to point.

I am now gaining a clearer understanding of how to practice devotional love via the wisdom of ISIS meditation. As a result, I am gradually experiencing a higher level of peace. I noticed especially in the past two months that regardless of what I am doing I feel peaceful even when I have to deal with difficult situations. I know that I still have work to do but I have never felt this peace daily except for when I was practicing formal meditation for 2-3 hours. However, even then I immediately went back to being agitated after the formal meditation session was over.

I have observed that although I have this peace I am still tested by the forces of set (egoism). However, I am able to quickly change my tone and attitude when I want to. I still get caught up from time to time when I am not practicing the wisdom but I am aware of it. My wisdom practice is better than it used to be but still needs work until perfected. There once was a lingering after affect that use to occur after a moment of verbal sparring or disagreement now there is little to no noticeable after affect. Never the less, I am clear that I need more work so I continue to practice the wisdom meditation all day whether I am cooking, working, watching TV or even answering natures call. I assert I am GOD and GOD is me or I am the Divine everything is a projection of GOD‘s mind etc. This is also known as development of the witness, mindfulness or continuous devotional meditation.
Subsequently, two major milestones have been reached in the past two years. One of the milestones that have been reached is when I practice advanced formal meditation I no longer have to take one and a half hours to experience an ecstasy. In fact it only takes one minute if that to accomplish what it took almost two hours to achieve in the past. Secondly, I have been able to practice the wisdom meditation and now I am experiencing gradual levels of increased inner peace. It is not fully bloomed and come to the surface yet but I notice that detachment occurs automatically as a result of practicing the wisdom of Isis meditations.

Finally, I could use some more discourse on how to practice ritual of identification via the Asarian Resurrection as a wisdom meditations technique. I think that this will enhance my practice significantly. I have noticed that when I get distracted I am better able to manage those distractions when I use different aspects of informal meditation. For example I use chanting to calm the mind when there are intense distractions. Whereas I find it easier to practice and reflect on the wisdom teaching when there are less intense distractions. It is getting easier to practice informal meditations thereby reducing negative ari and increasing positive ari regardless of the technique. At the last conference (2014), Sebai Maa presented Shedy Practices a sure fire way to enlightenment. The last conference brought everything regarding the practical aspects of the teachings full circle for me. I would like to have details regarding the wisdom meditations. Sebai Maa assured me that he would add the wisdom meditations to the presentation before disseminating it to the aspirants. I am looking forward to reviewing it for reflection and practical application. Before the conference I did not think of practicing in the way that Sebai Maa presented practicing it in the discourse. I have been reflecting daily on reducing the amount of new negative ari. Based on the presentation given by Sebai Maa people have roughly 50,000 thoughts per day. By practices the Shedy disciplines in an integral yoga fashion positive ari is increased by means of wisdom meditation, chanting and ritual identification of GOD and GODESSES while participating all activities of daily living. Practicing in the manner described by Sebai Maa will surely reduce the 50,000 random thoughts to 0 and create a meditative life style experience for the aspirant. Dua Sebai Maa
4-If not then how will you seek to implement the teachings you are not currently practicing, in your life and spiritual practice? I am now practicing in a balance matter including the diet.

Intro to Egyptian Yoga Part 2 video Alex “ Djethuti – Mes” Moore 19:53 minutes
Introduction to Egyptian yoga part two starts by making certain that the audience understands that we must establish a foundation for the youth starting at a early age that leads to a culture of individuals that are interested in having a sublime goal in life not just being a good yogin or yogi. She (Seba Dja) maintains that the monuments of Egypt where left to give inspiration to generations to come because the Sages of old knew that the world would ultimately be filled with degradation (Setianism).
Mythology was the foundation and culture of Ancient Egypt. The foundation of the Shedy disciplines designed by the Sages teaches humans through the myths how to move from degradation to enlightenment. The myth of Hetheru and Djehuty “The Destruction of Evil Men and Women “is a classic example of the myths that sages used to teach aspirants how to move from degradation to enlightenment. No one is a criminal. The teaching refers to all humans despite the fact that they may have different levels of ari to work through. When practicing the teachings an aspirant moves from being a gross personality living a low level of egoism to developing mental capacity. The mental capacity develops into intellect and the intellect flourishes into intuition. Intuition brings about opportunity to experience self realization. This process is also explained in the traditional myth the Asarian Resurrection.
Yoga is a science and a formula. If the formula is followed correctly then enlightenment will happen in this very life time. If the teaching is not having the correct affect, then the practitioner will have investigate via spiritual preceptor where he or she have fail to apply the formula correctly and make the appropriate adjustments. Seba Dja touched on the fact that those of us that are interests in practicing yoga in this life time have practiced in other lifetimes. Moreover, human embodiment is very hard to get. The question was posed to the audience as to whether or not aspirants want to dabble or build a legacy to the heights of the progenitors of the teachings. This effort has to be adopted by many people for the transformation of the current culture to change.
The concepts regarding myth and rituals were explained. The mysticism rituals help to purify all parts of the personality. Yoga of Devotional Love purifies the (emotion), Yoga of Wisdom (purifies reason part of your personality). Yoga of Righteous Action (purifies the action part of personality) and Yoga of Meditation (purifies the will power). These disciplines/ rituals are to be practiced in an integral manner.
Seba Dja explained the manner in which an aspirant must approach the study of yogic philosophy. The book series was used to introduce the written philosophy to the aspirant for each discipline. Each discipline must be followed as designed. The aspirant should read and practice the teachings in an iterative manner since as the personality is purified a clearer understanding is achieved.
Question 2
2-As an intermediate level spiritual aspirant you are maturing to exercise your free will in a wise manner based on your growing knowledge about the teaching and the advice of your teacher. How should a spiritual aspirant feel about the teachings presented in this lecture, meaning: Should the aspirant: acquiesce and/or concur and/or settle and/or approve and/or diverge and/or wrangle and/or harmonize with the teachings or contemplate and wait to see what the future holds or some of the above, all of the above or none of the above? {you may wish to journal your answer before posting so as to help you reflect on the answers}

The spiritual aspirant should follow the formula given in these yogic practices. Initially, there will be some times where the aspirant acquiesce, wrangle or diverge because of the dullness and agitation of the mind but with repeated practice the aspirant will concur and harmonize with the teachings.

3-Are you currently implementing the teaching given in the book and the lecture? If so which one(s)? I am finally practicing in an integral fashion. I have addressed the areas of disjointed practice to the degree that I can recognize them at this time. There are still struggles (food, righteous speech) but I concur and harmonize with the teachings. There is no doubt that if I practice correctly I will achieve enlighten in this very life time.

4-If not then how will you seek to implement the teachings you are not currently practicing, in your life and spiritual practice? My current goal is to improve on righteous action by following the Kemetic Diet and Righteous (Action) speech.