LEVEL 1, LESSON 2, VIDEO ASSIGNMENT- INTRO TO SN SHORT PART 2b
LIST IMPORTANT THEMES PRESENTED.
– Chanting is at the beginning of each meditation
– The 2 forms of worship are PUBLIC, which is assisted by priests & priestesses in outer portion or inner court &
PRIVATE- which is done at at home or a place where one can worship in private.
– Inscribed in the tomb of Sage King Seti Ua was the first known formal meditation system in history dating back to the New Kingdom.
– Instructions for posture are to visualize circle with dot in the middle and becoming established within the circle.
– In the Judgement Hall, if the heart is heavier than the feather of Maat (afflicted with the fetters of Set), one will experience suffering along with reincarnation back into the world. If heart is equal to the feather of Maat, one is moderately righteous and will serve Asar at his house in the netherworld. If heart is lighter than feather, one has transcended physicality and sits on Asar’s throne to become one.
– Discipline of Sema Tawi postures is not only a physical workout however also a mythological workout to learn how to act & feel like the divinities, so they can be practiced as meditative as well as a physical/mythological workout.
– The system of postures is broken down into 5 phases which are 1.Kheperi and the creation 2.Earth phase 3.Transition postures 4.Animal elements/forces 5. Higher Self poses establishing ourselves in the Higher Self/teaching.
– The importance of the integral process is to not just focus on one particular aspect, however that all aspects are applied, harmonized & developed in one’s personality.
– Information does not = wisdom. Knowledge + experience = wisdom
– True wisdom occurs when one uses intuitional understanding which comes by 1.Listening 2.Reflecting 3.Meditating
– Reason for failure on the path is due to 1.Not understanding how to make sense of the world 2.Not understanding how to apply philosophy & 3.Not surrendering to the teachings.
WHAT IMPRESSED YOU THE MOST IN THIS PRESENTATION?
How the discipline of Sema Tawi postures is not only a physical one, however a mythological and meditative one to learn how to act and feel like the divinities, along with how the inscription in the tomb of Sage King Seti Ua is the first known, formal meditation system in recorded history.
Dua Sebai MAA