Reply To: Level 1 Audio Discussion Forum

KEMET UNIVERSITY HOME Forums Egyptian Mysteries Level 1 Level 1 Audio Discussion Forum Reply To: Level 1 Audio Discussion Forum

Participant

LEVEL 1 AUDIO ASSIGNMENT
File:Gs12- An evening w Sebai MAA and Seba Dja- Why Shetaut important

1.What are the main teachings brought out in the audio lecture recording? (Explain in own words)

Answer: True fulfillment cannot be achieved through worldly accomplishments and only will come into fruition by a sincere desire to follow the spiritual path, which must be practiced with consistency in order to truly move forward in the process of spiritual evolution. The practice must go beyond reading books or just intellectualizing, it must be realized.

The integral process allows the development of the mind, body, soul to be in union with one another, and allows one to become more balanced,(without having to move to the mountains to meditate all day) sublimating the ego/set, while living out the teachings in a society where ignorance & secularism is the norm, seeing the divine in all, and still remaining pure on the path to Nehast.

2.Are you currently implementing the teaching given in the book and the lecture? If so which one(s)

Answer: I currently practice my Hekau (Om Asar Aset Heru, Om Maat, Dua Maat Nuk Pu Maat mostly) & Formal meditation (focusing on object of devotion and concentrating the mind on it, being aware of the breath).

3.If not than how will you implement the teaching you are not currently practicing in your life and spiritual practice?

Answer: I need to work more diligently on creating more of a ritualistic practice of consistency, which i have lacked in. I still witness my mind drifting during meditation at times, though i have become more calm and focused than before. Distractions with daily life and a busy schedule, i have allowed to hinder my progress and i need to learn how to balance it. I will begin by directing more attention towards striving on those weak areas by listening, reflecting and actualizing the teachings instead of just hearing the teaching.