Level 1, Lesson 11A, cont’d.
3. If not then how will you implement the teachings you are currently not practicing, in your life and spiritual practice?
This lesson was a challenge for me. Not in understanding the lecture and reading assignment but in working through the distractions. Many practical challenges have come up in the last 2 weeks that have taken my attention away from my lessons somewhat. I adjusted my practice accordingly as Seba Dja suggested in the audio lecture and felt frustrated and even guilty because of having to do so. Then when I heard Seba Dja’s suggestion it was validating to realize that I handled it correctly.
(1) My biggest challenge is having the courage to step out of the box when it comes to my Shedy practice and my understanding of the teachings. It seems that I have challenges before I reach the lesson that gives me the answers. Through trial and error I am learning to trust my intuition and have more flexibility in my practice to gain harmony and manage my mind.
(2) I have locks that reach almost to my waist. Since I am almost 6’ tall and blind, I attract a great deal of attention that is unwanted. I have been investigating shaving my head even before I began my studies. This will also open up more time for my practice.
(3) I am working towards cutting back on my hours at work to 6 hours a day. This too will open up more time for my practice and also allow me to attend conferences and pilgrimages.
(4) I have had a relationship with my higher self for a long time now. However, knowing my higher self from the perspective of the teachings is new to me. I realize over time I will learn more and be closer still to my higher self with the Shedy practice and understanding the teaching and have accepted that it will be a process worth the reward.