KEMET UNIVERSITY HOME › Forums › Egyptian Mysteries Level 1 › Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions › Reply To: Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions
Level 1, Lesson 10, Reading Assignment , Pages125-140
The Kemetic term “uaa” means meditation.
2. How should a spiritual aspirant think about the capacity to control “Externalized consciousness” and their ability to rise above their conditioning of the past.
Consciousness flows through the mind and sustains life. “Where the mind goes, energy flows”. A person who has externalized consciousness is distracted and loses energy. Focusing on the divine is a movement towards internalized consciousness. Conditioning implies that focusing externally is learned, therefore a spiritual aspirant can learn to focus internally and overcome their past conditioning. It does not mean you are not aware of the external world, however, it does mean that if you stay focused internally as you interact in time and space you are aware of the Self at all times. If you practice internalized consciousness you are able to control your thoughts, your actions and make choices based on wisdom and not your emotions. You are also able to detach and not identify with time and space. To discover who you truly are is the ultimate goal.
3. The practice of meditation allows one to create what?
The practice of meditation allows one to create a higher awareness which affects all aspects of one’s life and gives the spiritual aspirant an experiential knowledge of his/her true self. This changes your “window of perception” so that you see yourself based on truth rather than the values the world sets for you. The higher awareness also helps an aspirant to be aware so they can make choices that supports their spiritual growth.
4. The “normal” state of human consciousness cannot be considered as “whole “ or complete.
5. When you fall asleep you believe that the dream world “is a reality in itself“.
6. Do not eat for at least 2 hours before meditation. Ideally one should not eat for 12 hours before meditating and the best time to schedule meditation is between 4-6 am and 6-8 pm.
7. When you feel anger or other negative qualities, what should you do?
Recite the hekau and visualize the deity associated with it destroying the negativity within you.
8. As intuitional vision of your all-encompassing nature dawns in your heart, you will be able to look beyond what?
Look beyond all the sizes, shapes, sexes and colors of people and recognize your higher-self as the basis for their existence.
7. What is the Kemetic term for devotion?