Level 1 -Lesson 11 – Introduction to Egyptian Yoga – WB pg. 141 – 154
1. If religion and yoga are practiced at the lower levels only, what is the result?
If religion and yoga are practiced at the lower levels only, the result will be dogma and intellectualism. What I have gathered is that the experience/mysticism which occurs in the third stage of religion would be missing if practice is at the lower levels.
2. The Egyptian Yoga Book Series has been put together in such a fashion as to offer what? To offer every individual a specific discipline as well as an integrated method to practice all forms of yoga while at the same time advancing through the three stages of religion.
3. How should an aspirant think about their prospects to follow an integral path of Sema Tawi -Kemetic Yoga? An aspirant should think of it as a goal that can be achieved with proper guidance, self-effort and repeated practice.
4. The 4 aspects of the personality are ___Emotion, Reason, Action and Will____
5. The Yoga of Devotional Love enhances and harnesses the __emotional___ aspect of the personality.
6. Integral Yoga gives you the opportunity to practice Yoga at all times. True.
7. Describe the 4 main paths of yoga practice –
Yoga of Devotional Love – enhances and harnesses the emotional aspect in a human personality and directs it towards the Higher Self
Yoga of Wisdom – enhances and harnesses the reasoning aspect in a human personality and directs it towards the Higher Self.
Yoga of Righteous Virtue – enhances and harnesses the movement and behavior aspect in a human personality and directs it towards the Higher Self.
Yoga of Meditation – enhances and harnesses the willing aspect in a human personality and directs it towards the Higher Self.
8. The Process of Yoga? a) Integral – Is to harmonize the four factors of the personality, reason, will, action and emotion.
9. The Yoga of Meditation controls the feeling directed towards the Divine. False.
10. What one critical factor every aspirant should understand? An aspirant should understand how to balance the day to day reality with the teaching that is being learned. How to balance inner and outer life. An aspirant should use the day to day activities of life to work out the mysteries of life by putting the teachings in action.