KEMET UNIVERSITY HOME › Forums › Egyptian Mysteries Level 1 › Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions › Reply To: Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions
Level 1 Lesson 6: Introduction Egyptian Yoga and Neterian Religion a Workbook for New Aspirants pgs. 59-68
1. The world did not come from nothing nor is it sustained by nothing.
2. Those who follow the path may be referred to as Neterians.
3. Write out the Four Great Truths.
Pa Neter ua ua Neberdjer m Neteru.
an Maat swy Saui S-Khemn
s Uashu s Nafu n Saui Set
ari Shedy Rekh ab m Maakheru
4. What are the afflictions of Set?
The afflictions of set are greed, jealousy, anger, hatred, hypocrisy, lust, envy, gluttony, dishonesty etc.
5. What is the meaning of the term “Nafu”?
It means freedom – to breathe
6. The four disciplines of Shedy are?
Ari Shedy – Righteous action and selfless service /Uashu Shedy – Devotion/Rekh Shedy – Wisdom/Ua Shedy – Meditation
7. How should a spiritual aspirant think about their prospects to achieve the “Great Awakening”?
I feel that an aspirant should be very confident with the prospect of achieving the “Great Awakening” The more we increase in purity and understanding this concept shouldn’t seem as hard I feel. The teachings always speak of the fact that we are that same divinity that we worship. The song Nuk pu Asar, where the teachings are telling us that we are indeed Asar and just need to realize this through the spiritual disciplines. In one of the classes that came on a previous Saturday night one of the Shemsu was saying that there was a hieroglyph that showed the initiate making an offering to the higher self which was the same image as the initiate. Again I feel that is another example of how the teachings in a way assure you of your success if the teachings are practiced correctly. So I feel that an aspirant should be confident as well as enthused at the prospect of the “Great Awakening”
8. What teaching(s) of the Neterian Creed do you believe in currently, are working on believing, find hard to believe? Why?
I believe in all aspects of the Neterian Creed. One definition of the word creed is “a set of beliefs or aims that guides someone’s actions.” This is what our Neterian Creeds means to me. It explains our belief in who and what God is. It tells you of the human predicament and a way to overcome it. It more importantly tells you the aim of our beliefs as well as our direct relationship with God who we call Neberdjer.