KEMET UNIVERSITY HOME › Forums › Egyptian Mysteries Level 1 › Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions › Reply To: Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions
Level 1 -Lesson 9 – Introduction to Egyptian Yoga – WB pg. 107– 124
1. What is MAUI? “to think, to ponder, to fix attention, concentration” – Reflection
2. Name the process in the practice in the Yoga of Wisdom-
A. Listening to the teachings B. Reflecting on those teachings and incorporating them in everyday life
C. Meditating on the teachings
3. What are the steps in practicing the Yoga of action?
A. Learn Ethics and Law of Cause and Effect-Practice right action – (42 Precepts of Maat)
B. Practice cultivation of the higher virtues
C. Devotion to the Divine
4. How should a spiritual aspirant think about ego based feelings and how does the Action Path affect them as an aspirant transforms through time?
An aspirant should think of ego based feelings as clouds that are passing by and being purified through the path, yoga of action. This is done by practicing Maat informally throughout normal everyday activities as well as formal practices. Over time, as an aspirant continues spiritual practices such as hekau’s, chants, prayers etc. they will discover less agitation of the mind that is associated with egoism and more peace that is associated with the wisdom and voice of their higher self.
5. If you do not learn the spiritual lesson that the situation is here to teach you, what happens? The lesson will repeat itself.
6. By acting and moving like the gods and goddesses one can do what?
One can discover the very character, virtuous qualities and energy of the gods and goddesses within themselves (consciousness) and therefore become one with the Divine Self.
7. Yoga postures began in India. False
8. Many enlightened personalities from time to time indulge in __recreational_activities.
9. The stagnation of the flow of energy through the body has what effect?
Stagnation in the subtle vital energy channels causes physical and mental diseases. The stagnation of the flow of energy through the body has the effect of grounding one’s consciousness to the physical realities.