Level 1 -Lesson 7 – Introduction to Egyptian Yoga – WB pg. 69 – 90
1. How should a spiritual aspirant think about the prospect of “becoming godlike” and their capacity to live a life of virtue and cultivation of the spirit through scientific knowledge, practice and bodily discipline and is this possible for everyone? If so why so? If not why not?
An aspirant should think about the prospect of “becoming godlike” as the purpose and goal in life. My current understanding of becoming god-like means one have to act, think and feel godlike. The capacity for an aspirant to accomplish this and live a life of virtue comes from actively practicing and cultivating the virtues and qualities of the neteru. I think this is possible for everyone because it is our nature, who we are essentially but it depends on when this is realized by the person and there effort in the practices to move with the path of spiritual evolution to be awakened. So Ny, I think it is possible for everyone just a matter of when.
2. What kind of text is Papyrus of Any? A Papyrus Text
3. The symbol of Neter is an Ankh? False
4. What is the meaning of the term “Neteru”? The term “Neteru” means “gods and goddesses.” They are cosmic forces that pervade the universe. They are the means by which Neter sustains Creation and manifests through it.
5. There are 3 main traditions in Shetaut Neter. False
6. The gods and goddesses who are whose thoughts? They are Ptah’s thoughts.
7. In what period did the Temple of Amun become important? The early part of the New Kingdom era
8. The goddess as well as the female gender were respected and elevated as the male divinities in Kemetic religion? True
9. The centers of Asarian Tradition tradition were the city of Abdu, Pilak and Edfu.
10. Teachings of the Aton Tradition are related to the Neter _Aton.