KEMET UNIVERSITY HOME › Forums › Egyptian Mysteries Level 1 › Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions › Reply To: Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions
Reading Lesson Level 1 Lesson 9 pg 107-124
1. What is MAUI?
“to think, to ponder, to fix attention, concentration” – Reflection
2. Name the process in the practice in the Yoga of Wisdom.
a. Listening to the wisdom teachings on the nature of reality (creation) and the nature of the Self.
b. Reflecting on those teachings and incorporating them into daily life.
c. Meditating on the meaning of the teachings.
3. What are the steps in practicing the Yoga of action?
a. Learn Ethics and Law of Cause and Effect-Practice right action
b. Practice cultivation of the higher virtues
c. Devotion to the Divine
4. How should a spiritual aspirant think about ego based feelings and how does the Action Path affect them as an aspirant transforms through time?
“In the beginning stages of practicing yoga when you are not very attuned to listening to your spiritual voice, you may not experience much peace. However, as you choose to listen to that voice more and more, and indulge in prayer, hekau and the other disciplines of yoga more than you indulge yourself in egoistic practices, you will notice within yourself a river of peace, faith, security and devotion which will eventually overflow and wash away all ego based emotions from your personality. This is the victory of Heru (Horus) over Set within your personality.”
5. If you do not learn the spiritual lesson that the situation is here to teach you, what happens?
If you do not learn the spiritual lesson that the situation is here to teach you, you are setting yourself up to have the experience repeat itself again
6. By acting and moving like the gods and goddesses one can do what?
By acting and moving like the gods and goddesses one can essentially discover their character, energy and divine agency within one’s consciousness and thereby also become one of their retinue, i.e. one with the Divine Self.
7. Yoga postures began in India. True/False
8. Many enlightened personalities from time to time indulge in ___________activities.
9. The stagnation of the flow of energy through the body has what effect?
The stagnation of the flow of energy through the body has the effect of grounding one’s consciousness to the physical realities rather than allowing the mind and body to operate with lightness and subtlety.