Lesson 5, Leve1 Video Assignment Intro to SN by Dja -conference 2008 part 2
• Shemsu daily worship
• Several different systems to meditation – within the system you can choose which form of meditation works with your personality.
• The system of phases in the practice of the Egyptian yoga posture.
• Shedy discipline summary and books to help follow the disciplines
• The teachings have to be lived and practiced
• Keys to success – Good association, patience, perseverance, commitment and self-effort
• Shemsu Udja Shedy –real and powerful, burning following and practices of the disciplines of the spiritual teachings.
• Tenem – losing the way, wandering, lost, turning away from.
• Nehast – The final objective to the mysteries is to be able to say- Nuk pu Nuk Asar Neter “I am that I am”, (Asar the Divinity)
Explain what most impressed you the most in this presentation
What touched me in the conference was the talks about Shemsu Udja, to become successful and attain Nehast you have to face yourself overcome the fetters of Set. Not give up on the teachings or your teacher. But have a burning desire for the teachings. If shemsu Udja is not present, instead a different movement will be actualised which is Tenem, which represents cutting yourself of from yourself.
If am honest I feel flat, up and down,lost and confused at the moment. I don’t consciously practise the teachings daily. I dip in and out. But in this cycle, pattern and in awareness I am operating from my head and starting to see and feel that coming from that place is not actually serving me a purpose. I get angry, upset and frustrated. I am guessing this is linked with the fetters of set? When I start the teachings again it feels right. I am aware also that am slowly trusting and having a burning desire for the teachings as I feel it in my heart sometimes too.