Lesson 3, Level 1 Audio Assignment GS13- Dr Muata Ashby interview About his work and philosophy by -theremix show_671694blogtalkradio.com.mp3
What are the main teachings brought out in the audio lecture recording? Explain in your own words
• Discussion of why Sebai MAA does the work he does
• Egyptian Yoga and the meaning, methods techniques; also in relation to other cultures
• What is creation? Who created creation? And what is the purpose of creation? – creation is no more real than a dream
• Ignorance of self –Egoism creates separation
• Maat Philosophy
• The importance of studying the Myths – if you don’t have a proper myth/culture, it may lead to self-destruction, for example health, relationships and politics etc.
• Asar Resurrection – how the story is played out in films etc.
• Understanding the secret meaning of the myth – the myth is about me. I was Asar and will be killed by brother Set
• Ethical conscience and develop a framework of right and wrong (Maat Philosophy)
Are you currently implementing the teachings given in the book and lecture? If so which one(s)?
I am practising the mediation daily. I am currently reading The 42 Precept of Maat. I have been practising some yoga positions. I haven’t changed my diet yet. I am more aware of my actions, thoughts and desires. I can feel the teachings working through me and in sync with my life right now. I feel like am at a point where I am nearly ready to surrender. But my Ego (set) is strong and I am aware of my confused mind set and Ignorance of self.
If not then how will you implement the teachings you are not currently practising, in your life and spiritual practice?
At the moment I trust the pace that I am going at is right for me now. I have to digest the teachings take them seriously. My mind is going through the purification stage at a fast but also slow pace. It’s like my minds ahead of me but my body isn’t. Reading and applying the Maat philosophy to my life is helping me to find inner peace and balance for short periods of time.