Level 1, Leson 3, Audio Assignment – Dr. Muata Ashby interview about his work and philosophy by the remix show 671694
1-What are the main teachings brought out in the audio lecture recording? Explain in your own words
• It is important to bring back the Egyptian philosophy because it gives a way of life that is morally and ethically of the highest standing.
• This moral and ethical standing supports the true purpose in life to experience our higher nature.
• Smai is the Kemetic term for Yoga and although it is similar in its goal of uniting the higher and lower self, it is someway different in its myths, practice and philosophy.
• From a metaphysical perspective creation is a dream and the mythical perspective teaches one the wisdom of understanding the mystical perspective, which is that the ultimate being (Nebejer) is creation and our purpose in life is to become one with Nebejer, which is who we truly are., there is nothing else.
• Myths help lead one to peace and harmony. The myths help us to understand the aspects of our lower and higher self to be able to master them and reach the ultimate goal of Nehast. The myths give us guidelines of how to life with moral and ethical standards that help to purify the mind so we can commune with our higher nature even if we still have a physical body. As one becomes purified (living morally and ethically) one discovers a transcendental experience and meaning of the myths.
• Myth of Asar: I am Asar (the soul) and Set (the ego) kills the soul by ignorance and Aset (wisdom) gives birth to Heru (aspiration) learning the wisdom conquers Set and you regain your soul by experiencing your true self.
• Reincarnation has been established by experiments and studies, people who have had memories of past lives when they are very young and they go back to where they live and can describe their prior homes, and also people who are born with talents that they have not developed in this time and they are proficient in these talents.
•A beginning aspirant must develop an ethical conscience not only from their perspective, but from the perspective of how their speech, actions and thoughts affect all of society. When that is developed one becomes worthy and may study the higher teachings.
•Once one has achieved a higher consciousness and are living by the 42 Precepts of Maat, your lower existence dissolves and because you have become a person of higher morality it is as if it never happened. If you have obtained higher wisdom what you have done (good or bad) in the past never existed, never happened
• Dual Consciousness – Aware of the physical and the higher consciousness. .
2-Are you currently implementing the teaching given in the book and the lecture? If so which one(s)?
I am practicing my devotional worship daily.
I am meditating daily.
I listen to lectures and read daily.
I am vegetarian now and moving towards raw vegan.
I am becoming more conscious of my actions, speech and thoughts. Catching myself in the middle instead of realizing it afterwards.
I am praciting the yoga postures and progressing slowly but practice daily.
3-If not then how will you implement the teachings you are not currently practicing, in your life and spiritual practice?
I believe I have incorporated all of the practices in my daily schedule. I do not feel that my practice is “solid” but very shaky. I believe with consistent practice I will become more secure. Again I am aware of how an unpure mind confuses and creates ignorance.