Reply To: 2022 Neterian Conference and Festival Reviews by Clergy Students

KEMET UNIVERSITY HOME Forums 2022 Neterian Conference and Festival Reviews by Clergy Students Reply To: 2022 Neterian Conference and Festival Reviews by Clergy Students

Bastu Akhu
Participant

Udja Sebai Maa, Seba Dja, Hemu,
1-How do you feel the program was a benefit to you personally if at all?

The pace, structure, theme and presentations of this year’s Nefer conference indeed benefitted me personally. Regarding pace and structure, the breaks in between sessions were nefer and allowed me time to reflect on what was shared in order to be ready for what was next on the agenda. The structure of the program itself was scaffolded very well with each session being a build up from the last which lend to a deeper understanding of the GLM. The theme being “meditation” was indeed nefer as the personality is keen on intensifying personal meditation practice. The presentations also were nefer as they offered practical insights into meditation which culminated with Sebai’s presentation of the GLM scriptures. Seba Dja’s presentation was also a boon as her insights into the GLM deepened my understanding.

2-What features of the program do you feel worked particularly well or effectively?

I think having many resources available of GLM system such as the GLM practitioners, Sebai Maa and Seba Dja’s recording etc. worked really well. I think the zoom forum overall worked very well for the conference and should be the standard for a virtual conference moving forward, despite the audio hiccup, which hopefully we can resolve in the future. It was very user friendly, and I appreciated the visual component to identify the session etc. The breakout rooms were also a good compliment to the program as it allowed the participants to share and ask questions.

3-How do you think the program was received by the participants in general and do you think it was helpful to their spiritual evolution?

I think it was received well by some of the participants by the comments they placed in the chat boxes throughout the program, particularly on the night Seba Dja presented where she asked direct questions, the ones that answered showed a sense of understanding of the myth and thus showed they were engaged in listening to the teachings. Maybe a NC feedback questionnaire could be sent out to attendees to access this further

Dua Sebai Maa, Seba Dja and Hemu’s. Dua Asar Maat for the vision and the NC Chairs and Committee for very nefer planning.

Htp

Bastu Akhu