Reply To: Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2

KEMET UNIVERSITY HOME Forums Egyptian Mysteries Level 1 Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2 Reply To: Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2

Alixa Villalobos
Participant

Egyptian Mysteries Level 1
Lesson #22

Reading Assignment
Pages 125-140

P. 125
The kemetic term uaa means: meditation

How should a spiritual aspirant think about their capacity to control “Externalized consciousness” and their ability to rise above their conditioning of the past?

Quantum physics experiments have proven that the physical world is not composed of matter but of energy. This supports the findings of the ancient sages who have taught for thousands of years that the reality which is experienced by the human senses is not an “Absolute” reality but a conditional one. Therefore you must thrive to rise beyond your conditioned mind and senses in order to perceive reality as it truly is.

P. 127
The practice of meditation allows one to create what?
The practice of meditation allows one to create a higher awareness which affects all aspects of one’s life, but most importantly, it gives the aspirant experiential knowledge of his/her true self.

P. 129
The “normal” stage of human consciousness can not be considered as “whole” or complete.

P. 131
When you fall asleep, you believe that the dream world is “real”.

P. 133
Do not eat for at least “two hours” before meditating.

P. 135
When you feel anger or other negative qualities, what should you do?
When you feel anger or other negative qualities, recite the hekau and visualize its energy and the deity associated with it destroying the negativity within you.

P. 137
As intuitional vision of your all-encompassing nature dawns in your heart, you will be able to look beyond what?

You will be able to look beyond all the different sizes, shapes, sexes and colors of people and recognize your Higher Self as the basis of their existence.

P. 139
What is the Kemetic term for Devotion?
It is Ushet.

Answers to standing questions 1-3
What are the main teachings brought out in the book lecture? Explain in your own words.
The main teachings are about the formal practice of meditation and the introduction of Yoga of Devotion as a mythical path to follow in order to develop Devotional Love towards divinities.

Are you currently implementing the teaching given in the book and the lecture? If so, which ones?
I am implementing most of the teachings on a daily basis. The one I still struggle with is the three fold mediation practice: morning, noon and dusk.

If not, then how will you implement the teachings you are not currently practicing, in your life and spiritual practice?
I am working on developing my will in order to be able to follow the daily meditation practice without failing or postponing.

Htp