Reply To: Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2

KEMET UNIVERSITY HOME Forums Egyptian Mysteries Level 1 Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2 Reply To: Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2

Jasmine Barber
Participant

EM Level 1 – Lesson 14wt Reading Assignment: Introduction to Egyptian Yoga & Neterian Spirituality Workbook Pages 21-22
1. How do you describe your knowledge of religion and philosophy? I have extensive knowledge of Christian religion and a growing knowledge of philosophy.

2. What do you see as the greatest obstacle to your happiness and fulfillment in life? The greatest obstacle to my happiness and fulfillment in life is my perspective. I have been living through the filter of complex PTSD, survival mode, and anxiety. If I change my perspective, I will be able to cleanse my mind of anxious thoughts and see challenging circumstances in a way that allows me to move through life with a balanced solution-oriented mindset and with unfettered contentment.

3. What do you see as the most important need that you have? My most important need is meditation to help me calm my mind and receive divine wisdom for managing my earthly affairs. I also need more detachment. I think meditation will help me develop detachment.

4. What is your previous religious affiliation or faith and how do you think that relates to what you are following now? I was raised in church. My earliest memories were of being in a non-denominational Pentecostal church. When I was about 8 years old, my dad became ordained as a Baptist minister and 2 years later he became the head pastor of a Baptist church. In my adult years, I stayed in mostly a protestant religious experience (mostly Southern Baptist) and also attended a lot of non-denominational churches. 3 years ago, I started practicing Toltec spirituality, and then I was led to Temple of Shetaut Neter in 2020.

5. What role do you feel religion or spirituality plays in your life? I have had bad religious experiences in institutionalized religion. I have had positive spiritual experiences in my own communication and connection with God and nature. I am benefitting from the healthy and holistic spiritual experience via Shetaut Neter where I am learning about the true nature of the Divine and my spiritual purpose in life. Overall, I feel more balanced and grounded when I view my life through the lens of spirituality, and am glad I have been led to a safe space where I can thrive spiritually.

6. Have you had any previous Yoga instruction? If so where and what was (is) your experience? I practiced prenatal deep stretch yin yoga during my first 2 pregnancies and after I had my first 2 children. I tried a little bit of Qi Gong during a tough time in my life around 2012 and enjoyed the practice. I practiced Sema Tawi for about 1 year between 2019 – 2020 via a weekly zoom class and that drew me to learn more about the Sema Institute Temple of Shetaut Neter.

7. Have you received any advanced religious instruction? No. In institutionalized religion, I sought out advanced religious instruction and was rejected because I was a female.

8. How do you see your life? Overall, I see my life as a spiritual journey. Currently, at this moment, I see my life moment as a transition phase where I am climbing a mountain, letting go of lower truths to reach for higher truths.

9. What do you think of your own potential to succeed in life? My potential to succeed in life depends on my ability to develop detachment and Divine wisdom and not be swayed by or sucked into other people’s perceptions of reality.

10. If you could, what would you like to do with your life? I would like to develop Maatian economic systems on a microeconomic and macroeconomic level so that I can help provide a boat to shipwrecked people and nations.