Reply To: Level 1 Audio Discussion Forum #2

KEMET UNIVERSITY HOME Forums Egyptian Mysteries Level 1 Level 1 Audio Discussion Forum #2 Reply To: Level 1 Audio Discussion Forum #2

Alixa Villalobos
Participant

Egyptian Mysteries Level 1
Lesson #15

Audio Assignment
File: GS13-Dr Muata Ashby interview about his work and Philosophy by theremix show_671694blogtalkradio.com.mp3

1.) Main teachings brought out in the audio lecture recording:

– Why is Sebai Maa’s work important?
His work is of utmost importance because Sebai Maa is attempting to bring back to life a part of this human history that has been neglected -whether intentionally or not, by modern civilization, which has caused a dissociation from its true origins and that has led modern humans to a state of dullness, emptiness and purposeless living. By acknowledging our common roots in Africa and acknowledging Africa’s glorious past, we can rediscover commonalities between all human civilizations and races, aiding in the attainment of world peace.

– What is creation and what is the purpose?
According to ancient myths, a Supreme, intelligent all encompassing Divinity that is creation itself, created all that exists -creation, in order to experience life in different planes or realms of existence. All creation is part of the creator and has the same divine essence as the creator.

– Tree of Life being a concept based on the Anunian Theology, recognized as the first theology, based on the teachings of the God Ra, in which five divinities embody cosmic principles, and five divinities embody terrestrial-physical aspects.
This teaching of the tree of life is expressed by the tree itself having two extensions, one (roots) anchored in the heavens and the other extension, (branches) anchored in the physical plane of existence. It teaches about humans having as main purpose in life (just like the rest of the ancient Egyptian Theologies) to become masters of Earth, like Heru (rulers or perah, in the physical realm- Pa, by defeating Set) and become masters of the heavens, godlike by embodying Ra, becoming one with Ra.

– In Kemetic culture the custom was to have every person in society developing and living by the virtues of Maat. This requires, as a first step for an aspirant, to develop an ethical conscience in order to purify him/herself. Secondly, adding the metaphysical and mystical teachings as practice for the aspirant to discover his/her divine nature, if the aspirant is desiring to grow spiritually.

– Ancient Egyptian religion is a Henotheistic system, having one main God, and smaller divinities that embody aspects of the One Divine God.

– Western religions have limited and exclusive faiths systems that do not allow their followers to associate with other practices from different religions because they are in essence separatist and faith-based religions, not based on ethical consciousness, like ancient Egyptian religion.

– Ancient Egyptian civilization has left evidence of men and women having the exact same rights. Being this the only civilization in all human history where we see this happening. Monogamy was a widespread practice, polygamy and polyandry were only exercised in the pharaonic aspect of the society for political reasons.

– Asar has two maids for mythical purpose, Nebehet who is the mistress of the lower world and presides over the physical body and Aset who reigns over the upper planes of existence. Each goddess leads Asar to their domain, allowing him to conquer both realms or aspects of creation and establishing as the ruler of both worlds, the lower and upper realms, which represent the lower and higher selves of the aspirant.

2.) Are you currently implementing the teachings given in the book and the lecture? If so, which ones?

Ny, I am implementing the teachings to some degree. I am devoting time to my spiritual practice and slowly integrating the three-fold meditation practice in my daily routine, though I am not always able to do it as required, my practice includes ritual, chant, meditation and reflection on the teachings every day.
I have not yet included yoga practice in my daily routine.

3.) If not, then how will you implement the teachings you are not currently practicing, in your life and spiritual practice.

I plan on practicing yoga on weekends, which are the days I have more flexibility and from there, continue to build up my practice until it becomes a daily routine.

Htp