Reply To: Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2

KEMET UNIVERSITY HOME Forums Egyptian Mysteries Level 1 Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2 Reply To: Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2

HowardBrown
Participant

Egyptian Mysteries Level 1, Lesson 18 Reading Assignment, Introduction to Egyptian Yoga and Neterian Religion: a Workbook for New Aspirants pp. 59-68

Question 1: The world did not come from nothing, nor is it sustained by nothing. It is the substratum of Creation and the essential nature of all that exists.

Question 2: Where did the term Neteriansism derive from?
Answer: The term Neterianism is derived from the name Shetaut Neter. Shetaut Neter means the Hidden Divinity. It is the ancient philosophy and mythic spiritual culture that gave rise to the Ancient Egyptian civilization. Those who follow the spiritual path of Shetaut Neter are therefore referred to as Neterians.

Question 3: Those who follow the path may be referred to as Neterians.

Question 4: Write out the Four Great Truths
Answer:
Pa Neter ua ua Neberdjer m Neteru – The Neter, the Supreme Being, is One and alone and as Neberdjer, manifesting everywhere and in all things in the form of Gods and Goddesses.
an Maat swy Saui Set s – Khemn – Lack of righteousness brings fetters to the personality and theed fetters lead to ignorance of the Divine.
s-Uashu s-Nafu n saiu Set – Devotion to the Divine leads to freedom from the fetters of Set
ari Shedy Rekh ab m Maakheru – The practice of the Shedy disciplines leads to knowing oneself and the Divine. This is called being True of Speech.

5. What are the afflictions of Set?
Answer: When a human being acts in ways that contradict the natural order of nature, negative qualities of the mind will develop within that person’s personality. These are the afflictions of Set. The afflictions of Set include: anger, hatred, greed, lust, jealousy, envy, gluttony, dishonesty, hypocrisy, etc. So to be free from the fetters of Set one must be free from the afflictions of Set.

6. What is the meaning of the term Nafu?
Answer: To be liberated (Nafu – freedom – to breath from the afflictions of Set on must be devoted to the Divine. Maat is a way of life that is purifying to the heart and beneficial for society as it promotes virtue and order. Living Maat means practices Shedy (spiritual practices and disciplines.

7. The four disciplines of Shedy are:
Rekh Shedy (Wisdom)
Ari Shedy (Righteous Action and Selfless Service)
Uashu (Ushet) Shedy (Devotion)
Uaa Shedy (Meditation)

8. How should a spiritual aspirant think about their prospects to achieve the Great Awakening?
Answer: When the human being is in harmony with life, then it is possible to reflect and meditate upon the human condition and realize the limitations of worldly pursuits. When there is peace and harmony in life, a human being can practice any of the varied disciplines designated as Shetaut Neter to promote evolution towards Spiritual Enlightenment. With this realization comes great joy, peace, and power to experience the fullness of life and to realize the purpose of life during the time on earth.

9. What teaching(s) of the Neterian Creed do you believe in currently, are working on believing, Find hard to believe?, Why?
Answer: I believe the Neterian Creed in its entirety. At this point in my journey, I am working to purify my mind and body of gross and subtle impurities and to deepen my understanding or elevate my consciousness. I am older, more mature, and looking for a deeper spirituality, something that answers the fundamental questions. One thing that I continue to find hard to believe, is that in spite of all my experiences, I am only recently being exposed to Shetaut Neter.

10. Great Awakening occurs when all of the Great Truths have been realized