Reply To: Level 1 Audio Discussion Forum #2

KEMET UNIVERSITY HOME Forums Egyptian Mysteries Level 1 Level 1 Audio Discussion Forum #2 Reply To: Level 1 Audio Discussion Forum #2

Aspirant Howard
Participant

Response to Reply from Shems Ua Netert, Level 1, Lesson 13, Reply #6484
On March 13, 2016

Before reading your post, I had been thinking of Maat as only a therapeutic approach to eliminating negative ari and developing positive ari. However, your post impelled me to think about the theory or philosophy of Maat. After all, I should know something about what I am trying to apply.
True virtue implies a profound understanding of the nature of creation and the heart which makes it impossible to commit crimes or to consider sinful thoughts. I am seeking to develop a strong will and to have a good and proper understanding. Sometimes I do like to look at the depth of my ignorance and sometimes don’t. According to Dr. Ashby, in his book on Maat Philosophy, sin operates in human life as any movement which works against self-discovery, and virtue is any movement towards discovering the essential truth of the innermost heart. True virtue implies a profound understanding of the nature of creation and the heart which will make it impossible to commit crimes or to consider sinful thoughts.
After considering your post and reading relevant information from Dr. Ashby, I understand now the importance of the philosophy of Maat. I have added insight into virtue being the quality that implies harmony with the universe. From a mythological standpoint, sin is to be understood as the absence of wisdom which leads to righteousness and peace, and the existence of ignorance which leads to mental unrest and endless desires of the mind.

Dua