Reply To: Clergy Studies Book Reading Series 2020 Egyptian Mysteries Vol 3 Priests and Priestesses of Ancient Egypt

KEMET UNIVERSITY HOME Forums Integral Clergy of Kemet Studies Program Clergy Studies Book Reading Series 2020 Egyptian Mysteries Vol 3 Priests and Priestesses of Ancient Egypt Reply To: Clergy Studies Book Reading Series 2020 Egyptian Mysteries Vol 3 Priests and Priestesses of Ancient Egypt

Amuntyt
Participant

What does it mean to live by Truth? (EMS pages 36 -38)
Sebai Maa states in EMS that “Living by truth simply means adopting a way of life that is predicated upon the idea that reality is good and delusion is not.” My ego quickly comforted me because it told me that everything in my experience has been real and good which I quickly knew that was not the case.
Fortunately, when I decided to travel the path of Maat I began to question and challenge the continued dynamics of my world. Every time when I tried to hold on to something my world would shift, change. There was one drama after another. Every time when my personality thinks that it may be ok to partake in the illusions of this world, there is a hard jerk that reminds me that the world of time and space is very treacherous and it cannot be trusted to “hold still”. There is no real pleasure in being a shems-ab (those who follow their egoistic heart-desire). Sedjm was a concept that caught me off guard when I first heard of it from Seba Dja. How can any descendants of enslaved Africans living in the diaspora simply “listen and obey”? It also went against my belief system especially as a single parent that had survived domestic violence. Where we not given the power to reason and figure things out ourselves? Had I not by societal standards and certainly my family standards been able to provide for myself and my children? Had I not obtained a good paying job, obtained credit worthiness and other badges of cultural and societal if not success then certainly adequate achievement? The answer is yes but there is so much more when we begin the exploration of the divine and that is when everything falls apart… “The practice of the Shedy disciplines leads to knowing oneself and the Divine. This is called being True of Speech.”
For me, living by Truth happens gradually as you become stronger in the studying and practicing of the teachings. I found it satisfying when I was no longer gripped by my ego (shems-ab). It gave me time to gently let things go of things and not be so tortured by the intensity of the moments. It takes time to step away from, to heal from the delusions that we have become accustomed to and realize there is only and all is “Nebertjer”. This process continues daily which is making me a better student and teacher. I am slowly becoming “gold”. With the continued listening, reflecting and meditating on the teachings, I am staying in the embrace of the Divine and there in the midst of the noise there is peace. “Amma su n pa neter sauu-k su emment en pa neter au tuanu ma qeti pa haru”…Dua Sebai Maa, Dua Seba Dja.