Reply To: Level 1 Audio Discussion Forum #2

KEMET UNIVERSITY HOME Forums Egyptian Mysteries Level 1 Level 1 Audio Discussion Forum #2 Reply To: Level 1 Audio Discussion Forum #2

LisaCollins
Participant

Audio Assignment Level 1 Lesson15wt – GS13 – Dr Muata Ashby – Interview about his work and Philosophy by -the remix show_671694 blogtalkradio.com.mp3

1. What are the main teachings brought out in the audio lecture recording?
There were many teachings throughout the lecture, the first one being the importance of bringing back the values of the African Culture; decency, morality, ethical culture and also the Philosophy – that being the principles of Ma’at, Yoga postures movements, the Glorious Light meditation, Serpent Power among others.

These ethical disciplines allow the personality to be purified enough to be grounded in ethical conscience, thus leading to self-discovery, peace and harmony, not only in one’s self but in the world too.

Another teaching was about the ‘Tree of Life’ notion of Creation of the Anunian Tradition of Ancient Kemet. These divinities included Asar, Nebethet, Aset and Set. The divinities express different principles, five human and five cosmic.

2. Are you currently implementing the teachings given in the book and the lecture? If so which one(s)
I am meditationg as often as I possibly can, I listen to the teachings/philosophy most days and I am improving ethically.

If not, then how will you implement the teachings you are not currently practicing in your daily life and spiritual practice?
I intend to get a copy of the yoga movements, to enable me to practice fully. I also continue to work on my ethical practices and to meditate every day.

A myth teaches society values and also to love and respect nature, the way to see ourselves in creation and to understand the purpose of creation. The myth of our Ancient African ancestors leads us to self discovery and ‘Nehast’ (enlightenment).

The goal of yoga is to unite the lower self with the higher self and to purify ourselves, being free from our fetters.