KEMET UNIVERSITY HOME › Forums › Egyptian Mysteries Level 1 › Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2 › Reply To: Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2
Lesson 18 Reading
1. The world did not come from nothing or is sustained by nothing.
a. The world was created by the One Supreme Being and It is something, something that is beyond words and that the mind can understand/know completely.
2. Where did the term “Neterianism” derive from?
a. The term “Neterianism” derived from Shetaut Neter, which means Hidden Divinity.
b. Neterianism is stemming from the term Neter in “Shetaut Neter.”
3. Those who follow the path may be referred to as Neterians.
4. Write out the Four Great Truths
a. Pa Neter ua ua Nebedjer m Neteru
i. The Neter, the Supreme Being, is One and alone and as Nebedjer, manifesting everywhere and in all things in the form of Gods and Goddesses.
b. An-Maat swy saui set s-khemn
i. Lack of righteousness brings fetters to the personality and these fetters lead to the ignorance of the Divine.
c. S-uashu s-nafu n saui set
i. Devotion to the Diving leads to freedom from the fetters of Set
d. Ari Shedy Rekh ab m maakheru
i. The practice of the Shedy disciplines leads to knowing oneself and the Divine. This is called being true of Speech.
5. What are the afflictions of Set?
a. Afflictions of Set are negative qualities that develop in one’s mind when one acts in a negative manner that goes against Maat, the order of nature.
6. What is the meaning of Nafu?
a. Nafu mead Freedom
7. What are the four disciplines?
a. Sedjm Rekh Shedy – Listening to the Wisdom of Neterian Traditions
b. Ari Maat Shedy- Righteous Actions – Purifies the Gross impurities of the Heart
c. Uashu Shedy – Devotion to the Divine – Purifies the Emotional impurities of the Heart
d. Uaa m Neter Shedy – Meditation – to aide in the process of experiencing the Transcendent Supreme Self.
8. Great Awakening occurs when all of the Great Truths have been realized by the human personality.
9. What are the teachings of the Neterian Creed do you believe in currently and why?
a. Currently, I believe in the entire creed. When I initially read it when I was introduced to the Temple of Amun, I knew that this was the path for me considering the beliefs of this religion. From who God is, how God manifest and how a human being should live their life to become Godlike. When I learned that these were some of the foundational beliefs of this ancient religion, I did not hesitate to make the decision to be a follower of this path. As a result, I requested to be initiated in the Temple of Amun and there began my journey in this Life time in Shetaut Neter.
10. How should a spiritual aspirant think about the prospect of “becoming godlike” and their capacity to live life of virtue and cultivation of the spirit through a scientific knowledge, practice and bodily discipline and is this possible for everyone. If so why so? If not why not?
a. An aspirant should view this as the ultimate goal of life, the true purpose of life is to attain this ability.
b. Live a life of virtue is what an aspirant should strive for. Putting the directions/teachings of Maat at the forefront of one’s mind can help to ensure that one is reminded constantly on how to live a life of virtue.
c. Cultivation of spirit can be done using the authentic formula that has been given to us by the Neteru and Sages.
d. I believe that this cultivation of spirit is possible for everyone because it is inevitable that everyone comes to this truth, true path of virtue. Its just a matter of when the do and in which lifetime, current or next, or next a
- This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Shems Ahit Nebthet.