Reply To: Kemet 101-Lesson 2 Discussion Forum

TeairaiJones
Participant

Udja

Lesson 2

The important themes from this lesson are, the contributing factors to the downfall of African civilization, and the three basic human needs; 1. Food, 2. Shelter, 3. Boat, in society in or order to be well balance. This really gives an understanding of the breakdown of order in society/ world we live in today. This stems to the foundation of personal choices. I spend a lot of time using my finite mind trying to understand and figure out the breakdown in human behavior and unethical choices. Understanding the downfall in civilization starting from the old kingdom, middle, and new, gives me a better understanding of the root cause of actions and behaviors that causes a negative chain reaction in society. There is a lack of understanding of who we are as people/ culture. This is what hinders us from knowing/ understanding our black selves individually and collectively. This video also helps me understand philosophy of selfishness, conformity to what society presents as a norm, and environments that lack ture ethics. My action is having an understanding of why it is important for me to cultivate a culture of ethics and awareness, that is built on something stable, that allows me to live by truth, and that would allow me create harmony with universe.

Htp

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by TeairaiJones.