Reply To: Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2

KEMET UNIVERSITY HOME Forums Egyptian Mysteries Level 1 Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2 Reply To: Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2

Shems Ahit Nebthet
Participant

Reading assignment 169-178
1. Sdjm means heeding the teaching
2. After practicing for many years and not becoming enlightened the recourse an aspirant should take is:
a. Repeated effort
b. Dispassion (becoming free from delusions about the world and desire and hatred) which clouds intellect
c. Devotion with form
3. When does maturity to succeed in the teachings occur?
Not until there is sufficient frustration with the pursuit of worldly desires and then dispassion emerges.
4. Divine Love towards God allows the depth of the teachings to be revealed.
5. The desire for worldly attainments should be replaced with the desire for spiritual attainments.
6. Those who want to practice a salad bar spirituality or seek the advice of oracles or create their own independent classes should do so on their own.
7. How should and Aspirant think about their spiritual path when they encounter failure to meet the instructions of the teaching or they fail to execute their own level of practice.?
a. Recognize that it is serious attention
b. See it as an opportunity to reflect on oneself on the path they choose and how they are following the blueprint set forth for success on said path
c. An opportunity to assess the Aspiration (what is it directed towards seeking and how strong is it).
8. How should an Aspirant think about their spiritual checklist and how diligent should they try to be with it.
a. Think of it as a blue print for how to be successful in implementing integral shedy practice.
b. This is food for the body, mind and soul. So I believe that just as I make it my duty to eat multiple times a day, I must follow this blueprint with the same if not more diligence to allow the purification to truly take place within me.
9. An Aspirant should keep a spiritual diary.