Reply To: Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2

KEMET UNIVERSITY HOME Forums Egyptian Mysteries Level 1 Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2 Reply To: Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2

Participant

Lesson 11 A
Reading 155-168
1. How should and aspirant think about their personal practice, how much importance to assign to it and what should they do about taking the time to make the threefold observance when at work and home around others who follow other traditions or when nobody knows what they are doing
– As a Shems, I view my spiritual practice as important as food and water. I must be engaged in. If I eat, I must worship the Divine in the integrated way outlined in the path. I participate in the threefold observance/worship daily. I have set alarms in my phone to remind me to step away from work if I can, if I am in a session, before I got into the next one, I will engage in the 5 min Shedy practice. In the morning and evenings, I do a more formal practice to ensure that the four aspects of my personality are always being redirected and focused on the Divine daily. At this point, all of my family members are away of my path and understand when I retreat momentarily to engage in Shedy if I am around them at the time, so being around them does not stop me from engaging in my practice.
2. Choose an icon according to your spiritual inclination.
3. Describe the Hetep Slab?
– It combines the libation offering with the food offering with mystical implications that related to uniting the opposites of creation. It also is an important tantric symbol because it consists of the male thigh and the female geese, two vessels for libations and at the top the hetep symbols meaning eternal peace. When water Is poured on the two areas it runs and joins together and exists the slab in ones, hence symbolizing duality going into ones.
4. You should try not to come into the Temple harboring thoughts of anger, hatred, greed, lust, jealousy, envy and so forth.
5. Write a brief essay on how to conduct oneself in the temple
a. Do nt eat meat before coming into the Temple
b. Do not have sexual intercourse before coming into the temple
c. Do not bring wordly possessions (phones, pagers, etc) into the temple as these can be a major distraction to self and others.
d. Attend all classes offered by the Preceptors
e. Act and behave in the manner prescribed by the preceptors and do ever effort not to deviate from it. If it needed, seek permission for the deviation first. This helps to ensure that one is being managed in a proper way and one is not going astray just doing what they desire.
f. Once one enters in a clean and properly clothed manner, one must first prostrate to the Divine image and then great the priest and priestess saying hetep with both palms raised (Dua posture) towards them, and then take a seat.
6. What is the meaning of the term Seba?
a. Preceptor
7. Name the different ways on can sit in the temple?
a. Lotus posture
b. Sitting on chair with legs together
c. Sitting on the floor holding legs together
d. Do not extend your feet forward, especially towards the Divinity or Sage.
e. No slough over or laying down
f. Sitting on knew and heels
8. Hygiene of your body, speech and of your mind are the three main concerns for an initiate.