Reply To: Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2

KEMET UNIVERSITY HOME Forums Egyptian Mysteries Level 1 Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2 Reply To: Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2

Shems Ahit Nebthet
Participant

Lesson 10 pg 125-140
1. The Kemetic Term Uaa means meditation
How should a spiritual aspirant think about their capacity to control “Externalized consciousness” and their ability to rise above their conditioning of the past?
– Is this – the focused awareness on what is received through ones senses what is of the outer world?
– As a capacity that needs to first be recognized as an ability. “I can control and bring stillness to my mind.”
– To develop it via consistent practice using the steps related to one’s meditation practice, journey from concentration to super consciousness.
– As the means to truly connect to with one’s source. When everything stops, that awareness that is there and its just there and everywhere.
– Takes work to accomplish. Its an overnight development and it is not just an end point, but for me it’s a dwelling place.
– Controlling externalized consciousness allows on to turn away from the conditionings from the past.
2. The practice of mediation allows on to create what?
– A higher awareness which affects all aspects of one’s life, but most importantly it gives the aspirant experiential knowledge of his/her true self.
3. Those who live in this externalized stated of mind are not aware of the source of consciousness.
4. When you body is motionless and you are thinking and feeling, you are mostly associated with you mind.
5. The “normal” state of human consciousness cannot be considered as “whole” or completed
6. When you fall asleep you “believe” that the dream world is “a reality”
7. Philosophically, anything that is not conscious and a biding cannot be considered as real. True
8. Do not eat for at least 2 hours before medication
9. When you feel anger or other negative qualities what should you do?
Recite a hekau
Visualize its energy and deity destroying negativity within
10. As intuitional vision of you all encompassing nature dawns in your heart, you will be able to look beyond what?
All the different sizes, shapes, sizes, sexes and colors of people and the recognition of my Higher Self as the basis for their existence.

11. What is the Kemetic term for Devotion?
Ushet
12 IF religion and yoga are practiced at the lower levels only, what is the result?
If will not yield spiritual enlightenment but dogmas and intellectualism