Reply To: Level 1 Video Assignment Discussions Forum #2

KEMET UNIVERSITY HOME Forums Egyptian Mysteries Level 1 Level 1 Video Assignment Discussions Forum #2 Reply To: Level 1 Video Assignment Discussions Forum #2

Participant

Lesson 28 Video Discussion 104-105 Part 3&4

There were several important themes in this video lecture. The first of which was the title of Asar. Asar Sokar is his title when he is resurrected and he takes his place in the Netherworld as the king. In this aspect he presides over the judgment of the heart of the aspirant.

Another important theme was the three positions of the heart as they are weighed against the feather of Maat.
*uneven-unrighteous suffering
*even-good soul not perfect soul become a servant of Asar.
*lighter-sit in the throne room.
I would like to know more about the judgment so I have ordered the book Redemption of the Criminal Heart.

I also found the discussion on why we have uprisings very interesting. According to Seba Maa, uprisings can be related to a society failing to follow the principles of Maat. Some people in society have and others do not. For more clarity on the subject, I would refer to Seba Maa’s video “Collapse of Civilization and Habitat For Humanity.” This video was a vivid explanation of what happens to a society that fails to follow the principles of Maat. So much so, it’s sparked an interest in living a simple life in a country such as Argentina.

The lecture also discussed the third Great Truth. The discussion turned to the importance of devotion to the teaching and the divine. According to the Devotional Worship Book of Shetaut Neter (Pg. 27),”Being devoted to the Divine means living by Maat. Maat is a way of life that is purifying to the heart and beneficial for society as it promotes virtue and order. Living by Maat means practicing Shedy (spiritual practices and disciplines).” Shetaut Neter’s meaning of devotion has been such a breath of fresh air. Growing up in the Christian church I was not taught devotion as a way of life. Devotion is taught more so as a ritual that occurs prior to the beginning of a church service.

The discussion on the fourth Great Truth placed an emphasis on the word Shedy. Shedy means to penetrate the teaching or mysteries. To study profoundly in an effort to discover the nature of the Divine. When one discovers the nature of the Divine one will know thyself.

Another important theme was the basic daily observances of Shemsu. They are to be practiced three times a day. I always practice the morning devotion and the dusk. But, because of my work schedule I do not always practice the noon observance. Sometimes I am able to park the patrol car and recite the 4 Great Truths for the noon observance.
-Bath
-Light candle
-Light incense
-Recite 4 Great Truths
-Chant daily Hekau
-Study Scripture
-Meditation
-Offering