Reply To: Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2

KEMET UNIVERSITY HOME Forums Egyptian Mysteries Level 1 Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2 Reply To: Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2

DjedefHor Anpu
Participant

Lesson 26 Reading Assignment Pages 179-192

This reading began with a spiritual checklist. I am getting better with the checklist.I also learned something new with the checklist. That is the concept of penitence. This checklist has given me a new found energy to become more rigorous and uncompromising in my daily, weekly, monthly and annually practices.

Another important theme of this reading is the following discussion:In any case, only one who is a genuinely advanced or an advancing spiritual personality can discern the difference. Thus, you must strive to purify yourself and dispel the illusions and misconceptions in your mind as to what constitutes true spirituality so that you may be led to the true spiritual teacher. Seek out those who exhibit compassion, patience, dispassion, equanimity of mind and selflessness. These are advanced psychic powers although they are not normally considered in this way.

I have been sincerely practicing the Shedy disciplines in an effort to purify myself. I believe that this has led me to detach from so many worldly things. In Christianity, there are many misconceptions about true spirituality. Some say you must be baptized, others say you must speak in tongues, while others say it’s through the work of Jesus Christ. One thing is for certain, there was never an emphasis put on the importance of characteristics in a spiritual lifestyle. This is the difference in Shetaut Neter. One can know the spiritual teacher by certain characteristics (compassion, patience, dispassion, equanimity of mind and selflessness).

Hotep