Reply To: Level 1 Audio Discussion Forum #2

KEMET UNIVERSITY HOME Forums Egyptian Mysteries Level 1 Level 1 Audio Discussion Forum #2 Reply To: Level 1 Audio Discussion Forum #2

DjedefHor Anpu
Participant

Lesson 26 Audio

The main theme of this discussion was ways to become a better student. One of the ways to become a better student is to do something every day. At this time I try to have at least one devotion every day. Sometimes I am able to get in two or all three. I am also memorizing several chants as well as understanding them. But, most importantly I am sincerely trying to apply the teachings to my daily life.

Another thing that is very important is the aspirant being able to rely on the teacher. I am very much so relying on Seba Maa and Seba Dja. There teaching has really helped me to grow spiritually. There are times when I rely on self; even in those times what I learned by relying on self is confirmed with what the teacher has already taught.

Another reason it is important to have a genuine preceptor is to lead you on the right path. As Seba Maa stated in his example, we may know God is within, but if we do not know what we’re looking for we will be just like a person searching in the dark. Seba Maa and Seba Dja are teaching me how to recognize enlightenment.

Hotep