Reply To: Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2

KEMET UNIVERSITY HOME Forums Egyptian Mysteries Level 1 Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2 Reply To: Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2

Participant

LESSON 23 READING ASSIGNMENT PAGE IS 140-154.

The main theme of this reading is the blending of the Shedy disciplines to meet the needs of my personality. According to the reading, the Sages have identified four basic factors which are common to all human personalities. These factors are: emotion, reasoning, action and will. I understand this to mean, if I am to progress spiritually all aspects of my personality must also progress.

The reading also states, “Therefore, while there may be an area of special emphasis, other elements are bound to become part of the yoga program as needed.” I have found this to be true. I began by practicing the yoga of right action (MAAT). During my practice of yoga of right action, I developed a desire of devotion to the Neberjer. Devotion led me to understand the importance of Shedy disciplines of meditation and wisdom.

This reading was very beneficial in that it not only taught me the four basic factors which are common to all human personalities, it also gave me the objective of each one. The following chart illustrates the Shedy disciplines, the basic personality and the desired outcome.

Devotion-emotion-contentment
Wisdom-reason-understanding
Service-action-peace
Meditation-will-fulfillment

HOTEP