Reply To: Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2

KEMET UNIVERSITY HOME Forums Egyptian Mysteries Level 1 Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2 Reply To: Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2

Participant

Lesson 20 reading assignment Pages 91-106.

The most important theme in this reading was the diet of the initiate. This is also the most challenging thing for me to do at this point of my journey as a Shemsu Neter. Changing my diet has been the most difficult thing to do because I have been a meat eater all of my life.

According to Plutarch, a student of the mysteries of Isis, the initiates followed a strict diet made up of vegetables and fruits and abstain from particular kinds of food, such as swine, sheep and fish. In the reading Plutarch gave an excerpt about the diet of an initiate that should be studied very carefully.

So what am I going to do about my diet? I am going to challenge myself to read this excerpt daily as well as the mystical implications of the discourse. My goal is to make the diet of the initiate a lifestyle.Something on the inside of me is telling me to start a diet journal. Baby steps aspirant baby steps.